By: Aeneas2020

OFPEC Tag: A2020

Included:

==============

a2020_usatacs.pbo = Reskin of BI US Soldiers with A-TACS Camo

plus a key and bisign gile

Info on Addon:

==============

Basically i was sitting at my desk bored so i decided to knock together an addon in about 2 hours. I had been reading up on A-TACS camo so i decided to make a quick reskin. Here are the results. I have used a swatch of A-TACS I managed to find as my base. I may do some updates with FR guys or even custom models in the future if there is call for it but other than that enjoy them!

Known Bugs and issues:

==============

shouldnt be any

Some Pics:

aeneasatacsv1a.th.jpg

aeneasatacsv1d.th.jpg

aeneasatacsv1c.th.jpg

aeneasatacsv1b.th.jpg

http://yfrog.com/2daeneasatacsv1ej

i also thought about maybe doing a version of these guys with RH's SCARs..what do you think?

Edited by Aeneas2020

Aeneas, you're goooodd :laugh: nice one

and RH SCARS... hell yeah

Nice Addon !

Is it confirmed that the US will use the A-TACS Camo, or do they use it already ?

This looks very good, amazing for 2 hours work!

I think you should do the FR version aswell!

Edited by Liam!!!!

Nice Addon !

Is it confirmed that the US will use the A-TACS Camo, or do they use it already ?

nah i dont think anyone is using it right now i just saw a picture and thought it would be cool.

@ the two hours comment. I was doing it as part of a tutorial i am putting together for how to make addons. I was actually waiting on Binkowski to send me something so i could do another addon but he was messing around with his hard drives (or just being lazy i dont know which one lol)....anyway i came across the pic online and thought why not.

Edited by Aeneas2020

Nice units! Very interesting camouflage scheme this A-TACS stuff, seems like an odd halfway house between ACU/UCP & Multicam, but it certainly looks significantly more effective than UCP. These units blend into Razani & Afghan Village damn well! :D

Edited by r3volution

I have a problem with the backpacks, I can see MARPAT ones underneath the guys are wearing two backpacks. One new one and one MARPAT.

how do i put in images i have taken myself? I have a screen i can show you.

*EDIT*

Seems to only happen with the Medic class all other classes with Backpacks are fine.

Edited by Liam!!!!

nah i dont think anyone is using it right now i just saw a picture and thought it would be cool.

@ the two hours comment. I was doing it as part of a tutorial i am putting together for how to make addons. I was actually waiting on Binkowski to send me something so i could do another addon but he was messing around with his hard drives (or just being lazy i dont know which one lol)....anyway i came across the pic online and thought why not.

Good job you did these units are awesome :D.

Are their any plans to retexture the other units too not just FR?

Like Pilot, Crewman, Officer etc etc. Would be Handy these units suit Razorneyas beaches very well.

It would be cool to have some kind of US flag on the uniform similar to the normal US ACU Uniform.

WOW! Epic!!

Thanks!

I had no idea you were working on these guys!

Lets see an RH SCAR's version.

I have a problem with the backpacks, I can see MARPAT ones underneath the guys are wearing two backpacks. One new one and one MARPAT.

how do i put in images i have taken myself? I have a screen i can show you.

*EDIT*

Seems to only happen with the Medic class all other classes with Backpacks are fine.

liam...are you using ace? if so that is why you are seeing them because ace comes with backpacks that are applied to characters...not much i can do about that really. That's why most addons i make have no backpacks.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

well this was a shock, looks nice!
WOW! Epic!!

Thanks!

I had no idea you were working on these guys!

Lets see an RH SCAR's version.

Thanks guys...they weren't planned i just happened to come across the A-TACS stuff last night so i thought "i'll see how they look in game", was kinda pleased with the results so decided to release.

liam...are you using ace? if so that is why you are seeing them because ace comes with backpacks that are applied to characters...not much i can do about that really. That's why most addons i make have no backpacks.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Thanks guys...they weren't planned i just happened to come across the A-TACS stuff last night so i thought "i'll see how they look in game", was kinda pleased with the results so decided to release.

Yeah im using ACE :S ah well not much of an issue anyway.

awesome units, been waitin for units like these :) thanks!

looks good aeneas

question... wat map is that on the screen with the little bird?

avgani, arma1 map that can be used through CAA1.

Yeah im using ACE :S ah well not much of an issue anyway.

if/when i update these guys i can simply config out the model using the backpacks if people want that...that way at least they are ace2 compatible...

Excellent work!! :cool: Never even heard of A-TACS camo. I was kinda hoping someone was going to make that camo that Binkowski hates. The ACU with the brown in it. :)

if/when i update these guys i can simply config out the model using the backpacks if people want that...that way at least they are ace2 compatible...

Yes, i´m interested in fully ACE2 compatible versions - that would be great!!!