dslyecxi

ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

Introducing the ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD), by zx64

Once upon a time, we had an idea to make something that would alleviate some of the issues in ArmA with regards to situational awareness. Our ShackTac Fireteam HUD is the solution we came up with, and while it is not completely finalized feature-wise, we think it's more than ready to be used by those who share similar views regarding gameplay's relationship with realism.

example_3_tmb.jpg

Design Intent

The ShackTac Fireteam HUD was designed to do the following:

• Provide situational awareness on where your fireteam members are and what their orientation is. This is intended to represent both peripheral vision, as well as the extended awareness one has in reality. You only see your fireteam members relative to you - no terrain, no other players/units.
  • Give you an always-visible way of seeing who your team members are

fthud_crop.jpg

How it Works

The current incarnation works as follows. As long as you are in a group, and not inside of a vehicle, you will see the Fireteam HUD displaying at the bottom-center of your screen. There are three circles - the first one indicates a range of 15m, next is 30m, last is 45m. We've tried a few different scaling sizes, and have settled on this one for the present time.

The current group leader will display as a white icon. If you are not the group leader, you will display as a yellow icon. Other team members will show as green icons. Medics/Corpsmen and leaders will show with special icons.

Note that the appearance of someone's marker, or their name, does not necessarily mean that they are alive - it works off of the same logic used in normal ArmA group handling, so if you have a dead team member, you will need to "know" about them (ie, right-click while looking at their body) to have them removed from the list. When you die, the HUD will automatically close.

Note that this has been designed to work with a "Very Small" GUI size, so for best results, try it like that. The STHUD currently supports a max of twelve names displayed.

12names_update.jpg

example_2_tmb.jpg

fthud_color_coding_sample.jpg

Color-coded group member support. To use, simply use the in-game team assignment feature - the changes will be made to the HUD after a few moments.

Download

Please do not mirror this file. You're welcome to add it to community addonsync servers for the purpose of distributing it to your own communities, but we would ask that the only 'normal' download method be directly from DevHeaven. Thanks for your cooperation in this! :)

You can download the ShackTac Fireteam HUD from DevHeaven here.

example_1_tmb.jpg

Of course, comments and feedback are always welcome! Enjoy! :)

Release History

3/18/2010 - Initial release

3/21/2010 - Updated 12-name version, see readme for other changes

4/25/2010 - Small release, adds Celle, Kellu, Aiaktalik support

7/15/2010 - OA release + TIR/freelook HUD change

12/13/2010 - Bugfixes and new islands, plus AT/AR icon support

As of 5/28/2011, release info can be found on the DevHeaven STHUD Project Page.

Edited by Dslyecxi

simply nice & touchy :)

Absolutely amazing!

Will be trying this as soon as I get home.

There won't be any problems with using this on East side no?

Absolutely amazing!

Will be trying this as soon as I get home.

There won't be any problems with using this on East side no?

Should work just fine for any side - it's loyalty-indifferent. ;)

Yepp sounds and looks fabulous! Very nice!

Will give it a go for sure. It's client-side only right?

Impressive work, aswell those screenshots!

For thos kinds of things is that why I love this game!

Yepp sounds and looks fabulous! Very nice!

Will give it a go for sure. It's client-side only right?

Yes, it's client-side only. As long as you have CBA and this, it should work in any combination of mods etc that you can come up with.

Lol, I was about to jump on this today and yell "They said NOT to release this" until I saw the author.

Nice...

Very nice work! Thanks to everyone involved in making this! Especially you, zx64!

After some testing, here's some feedback:

-Doesn't work after dying and team-switching

-Could you extend it to show a 10 man squad? Since that's the amount that shows on the screen anyways before you have to slide over to the next "page" of units. Right now it gets cut off.

Really helps awareness though, quite fun :)

Amazing work, this is a very useful mod, thanks.

Nice job. :) I had a similiar idea in my mind for a while now but lacked of the skills to do it. Glad to see someone came up with it finally.

Ten out of 10.

Allows to turn off team tags and such.

I'm playing with no info, no cross-hairs, just this HUD.

I would like to be able to turn off/on the names.

Thankss...

Saw this ingenious feature in a couple of ShackTac videos some time ago - really cool stuff . Glad to see it released to the public.

Wow, this looks really great. I hope some servers I join now and than will add/allow this addon.

We have made news about this release on the Armaholic homepage.

As requested we do not mirror but link to the file. Hotlinking is not something we are a fan of so if you maybe can show us what page on your website we should link to from where the people can download it that would be better I think.

If you don't mind hotlinking and prefer this we will just leave it as it is :)

Has anyone encountereed the correct settings for Island Kulima 2.0 and SIXLittleGreenBag?

And Celle?