Sign in to follow this  
jw custom

co08 - Snow Trails (Thirsk/KuiK's Winter Camos/ACE)

co08 - Snow Trails

l0d7mrzxxqQ

Changelog:

v1.2

-The Thirsk objective is changed from destroy armor to disable armor as ACE armor system could be a pain

-Updated snow script

-Minor fixes & adjustments

v1.1

-Added proper snow blizzard effect

v1.0

-Initial release

Info:

Uses revive script.

Required addons:

ACE 2

Thirsk Island

KuiK's Winter Camos

Success:

Mission is complete when:

1. The armor in Thirsk is destroyed.

2. The artillery nest is destroyed.

3. All playable units alive(also AI) is in the extraction zone(If your in a vehicle then disembark).

Download v1.2:

-> co08 - Snow Trails

Download v1.1 from Armaholic mirror:

-> Snow Trails Co-08 (@)

Edited by JW Custom

Mission updated.

v1.1

-Added proper snow blizzard effect

9wZbcz-63Ek

Edited by JW Custom

Some serious armour bugs in this, we put 7 smaws into a BMP and it still wouldnt blow.

On 1st playtru we had to hit the tunguska 5 times, on 2nd one shot killed it but but the BMP was left and took 7 shots , but 1 stopped it but we had to place 3 satchels and find about 6 more RPgs to put into it. Dunno what was going on but some were invincible and others were normal.

Dunno if its the mission or ACE 1.0 but we updating ace hopefully that fixes it.

Some serious armour bugs in this, we put 7 smaws into a BMP and it still wouldnt blow.

On 1st playtru we had to hit the tunguska 5 times, on 2nd one shot killed it but but the BMP was left and took 7 shots , but 1 stopped it but we had to place 3 satchels and find about 6 more RPgs to put into it. Dunno what was going on but some were invincible and others were normal.

Dunno if its the mission or ACE 1.0 but we updating ace hopefully that fixes it.

It sounds like a ACE armor system bug, all i did was placing the vehicles! Sometimes it takes a little while before a vehicle is considered "not alive", but 7 rockets and 3 satchels sounds REALLY extreme.

I'll do some more testing!

P.S. remember to keep ACE updated.

I tried to get this working on a AAS map but was unsuccessful any reason why.

What :confused:

Mission updated.

v1.2

-The Thirsk objective is changed from destroy armor to disable armor as ACE armor system could be a pain

-Snow script updated

-Minor fixes & adjustments

Ive been trying to get this to work for AAS pvp. Does the snow fall need to run with ACE for it to work.

Ok your talking about the snow script and not the mission :p

It runs fine on vanilla ArmA 2 :)

Ok all i did was put the snow script into the island addons so it should work right. Can you take a look at coolbox's AAS map and see what the problem is. I wana use your winter island for a map pack im putting together.

Ok all i did was put the snow script into the island addons so it should work right.

You need to include the script in your mission and execute it on each client :)

I wana use your winter island for a map pack im putting together.

It's not my island/map, the author is Raunhofer:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96560

Its still not working. The mod that makes the snow storm is snowtrails correct. I put the mod in arma addons and tried to work with it on my own pc. I opened up a basic map with in vanilla and still nothin.

Edited by DarkSide Six

Its still not working. The mod that makes the snow storm is snowtrails correct. I put the mod in arma addons and tried to work with it on my own pc. I opened up a basic map with in vanilla and still nothin.

I have already explained what to do.

It's not a mod it's just a script(winter.sqf). You need to put it in the folder of the mission your making and then execute script on all clients like i did in init.sqf

I have already explained what to do.

It's not a mod it's just a script(winter.sqf). You need to put it in the folder of the mission your making and then execute script on all clients like i did in init.sqf

Ya this is a post that was writen before I got your reply sorry. Yes i did what you said and it works (dumass:o). Only problem i got now is trying to get the wind to work. Im not to good a organizing these scripts.

Edited by DarkSide Six

Absolutely stunning mission! Reminded me of good old "Project I.G.I." - well done, JW!