Sign in to follow this  
bennie1983nl

WW2 Desert pack - North Afrika 1941-1943

WW2 Desert Collection Pack: NORTH AFRIKA 1941-1943

This mod is a collection of WW2 Desert Addons made by the OFP community!

Thank you all!

There are so many German desert addon so i didNOT put every addon in. IF i did it will become LARGE number of German(East side) units against a few Allied(West side) units.

What can you supect?

*Gavin's Soldiers pack: (Dak) German Afrikakorps and US desert troops and ofcourse UK 8Th Army!

*Invasion 1944 Italian Front Tiger tank (modidified config with other crew).

*Burner Desert Addons, like his Sherman tank (west side) and his German Armored Half-track(East side).

*Berlin45 Pak40 AT-canon (with modified config other crew).

*ATSTWalker's Fallschirmjager Pack.

*Trenchfeet Junkers JU52 transport plane.

*And Desert Reskinned version (east-side).

*Anzac's Vickers HMG (with modified config for crew) West side.

*Afrika 1942 MAP/Island.

*D@nte's reskinned INV44 tank (East-side).

*Nim Weather Effect addon for Sandstorms.

*Stuka (east-side).

*WW2EC DAK Kubelwagen.

*Small sound/music addon.

Before you scream! :: HEEJ WHAT ABOUT; BMW Motor with sidecar or Opel Blitz and this addon and that addon??!?

I could not put them all in because of the size (MB/GB).

Sadly enough there are a few Allied WW2 Desert addons.

DL-Link -->> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BTJ5ZQ5C

OFP.info --> ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/DAK.zip

With Kind Regards

Bennie1983nl AKA André

Screensshot are not nessasery.... I think

dakm1.jpg

Edited by bennie1983nl

Great job André, very useful :)

Merci!

BTW these pack has NO complete missions!

Only 2 mission for in your Username/missions folder (Instand action)

I don't know if other people have the same problem, but when I try to open the .zip, I have an error message telling me there is an unexpected end of archive. :butbut:

I tried to redownload it, but I have the same problem...

Hi benny, don't know if your interested but a couple of years ago I retextured the Inv44 demo pack germans to a desert camo. I don't really have any time for OFP these days but if you want I can send you the modified PBO and you can have a look at them; heres a screenie of them, they just replace the regular Grey germans in INV44 1.2 demo Also Zwardars Desert Everon 2 makes quite a good North Africa style map if you've not looked at it before, I've an edited version which removes all of the modern signs and such on towns and roads kicking around somewhere I can dig out for you too if you like.

desgermans2.jpg

Edited by POPKA

@Popka: I will not make an update for this pack because there are TOO many German stuff.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

I don't know if other people have the same problem, but when I try to open the .zip, I have an error message telling me there is an unexpected end of archive. :butbut:

I tried to redownload it, but I have the same problem...

Wich link did you tried?

No italian units? What a shame considering they basicly sarted the north africa campaign

No italian units? What a shame considering they basicly sarted the north africa campaign

Nope, nobody ever released them even if some of them had been made.

wrecktiger05.jpg

@bennie, yeah I should have said I tried both links. But if I'm the only one with problems, maybe it's because of my connection, it happens sometimes. I will try again, thanks ;)

Nope, nobody ever released them even if some of them had been made.

Thats a shame. Those units actully looks quite nice someone should contact the maker and see if he still have the unfinnished project.

Well in fact from what i can see on the pictures, these tanks are quite low poly models which seem already functional in OFP (or which me or another addon maker could make functional very quickly). However I suspect the interior isn't done.

yes, these models are low polys. for the interiors the BIS ones would be correct, because interiors are not really important (excepted for the fanatics of realism):p

Well in fact from what i can see on the pictures, these tanks are quite low poly models which seem already functional in OFP (or which me or another addon maker could make functional very quickly). However I suspect the interior isn't done.

That was the answer I got from an Inv. 44 guy when I PMed him about the addons.

A lot of OFP Addon makers used 3DSMAX to create or even just import nice looking models, but werent able to put them ingame in a proper way.

"Marfy" for example just did them as an art project for college.

That was the answer I got from an Inv. 44 guy when I PMed him about the addons.

A lot of OFP Addon makers used 3DSMAX to create or even just import nice looking models, but werent able to put them ingame in a proper way.

"Marfy" for example just did them as an art project for college.

Oh yes that was surely the case for the highly detailed and never released models of Marfy. Maybe could you try and contact Dr Rebus who was leading the italian WW2 projet to see if he could release them as they are, "open source", to let one of us finish them.

Oh yes that was surely the case for the highly detailed and never released models of Marfy. Maybe could you try and contact Dr Rebus who was leading the italian WW2 projet to see if he could release them as they are, "open source", to let one of us finish them.

Good Idea ProfT,

But not me :(

why not :confused:;)

When the IOH project is done i quite modding (or for an other game).

Hi, i'm one of the original leaders of the italian ww2 mod and author of some of the italian models.

I'm happy to see that after several years there still interest in what we did for ofp :)

Most of our units were never released because we planned to release them as a mod. But since it was still an hobby for us like many mods with great goals we had to close, mainly due to lack of time to keep the mod still going.

It's not completely true that our models were too high poly.

Someone indeed was too heavy but not because it was made in 3ds max, but because back then i lacked experience in low poly modelling (speaking about models done by me).

Anyway most of them were working in ofp, so with little optimization they should work in arma as well.

Some interiors were also made but they are more than 4 years old so they need to be optimized too, a lot of face could be removed and so on...

insided.th.jpg

Some models were done in O2 and it will be probably easyier to remodel them to suit better the arma2 engine.

Again, due to lack of time i had to switch to other projects and didn't focus much on arma\arma2. I'd love to resume the work on those units as it's still an unfinished project that i'd love to see completed so if someone is interested to give a hand, feel free to contact me and we can discuss on the matter.

For what concerns an open source release of some of our work i should first talk with the other people involved in the mod, i'll keep you informed.