Sign in to follow this  
RangerX3X

[SP] Stone Bell

Armaholic mirror:

- Stone Bell

Version: 1.2 Final

Required Addons: None

Mission Description: American forces have advanced up the coast and taken the town of Berezino and appear to be holding for the evening. Russian and Resistance forces are poised to strike back and remove the Americans from Berezino before they have an opportunity to entrench their position.

Features: The player is part of a two platoon assault: One Resistance platoon and one Russian platoon, each supported by a platoon of armor (T72's & T90's) and organic mortar units. All three sides have their own mortar units which will engage known targets within the operations area (thanks to Mr. Murray for his arty script for Arma 1 which I modified to accomplish this).

ChangeLog:

Version 1.0

Working intro

Working outro

Working briefing

Version 1.1

Added task complete to end trigger

Modified the intro to show Russian presence (fadesound bug in Arma 2 not yet resolved)

Completely rewrote briefing using the A2B Editor

Added intel pic

Modified retreat waypoints to "careless"

Reduced retreat and seized triggers from 1000M to 500M

Enlarged player occupy trigger from 100M to 500M

Removed eject scrript from mission folder as it was not used in the mission

Changed the weather to poor/rain conditions to help the AI along

Added AH1Z support tied to condition WSQD1

Added two AA soldiers to each platoon replacing two snipers to deal with A10 threat

Version 1.2

Added initIntro.sqf to reduce chances of AI speaking to each other in the intro (thanks h- @ ofpec.com)

Adjust intro time stamp to 17:30 to logically coincide with the intelligence pic taken at 18:05 and the mission starting point of 18:35

Added initOutro.sqf

Completed simple outro sequence

Edited by RangerX3X

Thanks for the mission - Had a crack lastnight, was good fun :) Bit short, but quite a hectic battle.

I actually decided to run ahead of my squad and had to deal with alot of the enemy units myself.

Also just wanted to say i'm very glad to see more people making missions that don't require the player to control the AI. Baby sitting the AI sometimes gets tedious, or just plain annoying when they do things you weren't suspecting.

I hope the message in the outro is an indication that there are more to come ;) I'll be keeping an eye out.