Sign in to follow this  
granQ

SFP | Videos and news.

Hola amigos.

This is granQ from Swedish Forces Pack, the group that refuse to give up, after a long break we now back and ready to kick some sqf asses, make some models and as always trying to come up with something new and unique stuff.

This post will be updated with latest videos, screenshosts and so on.

Comments, requests and questions will be answered as well and perhaps your questions can help us build a FAQ.

Anyway.. thats it for introduction.

Media

** 26th of Feb. 2010 | AMB Giraffe **

Arrowhead is out and we are preparing the deployment.

4yi_LufoacM

** 5th of July. 2010 | AMB Giraffe **

AMB Giraffe,model, ideas from aot (aka andreas). Coding by me..

but all in all, an sfp effort :)

4zZPvmyhmdU

FAQ

Vehicles

What is required to get the Giraffe working ingame?

Just place it in the editor and it will start all scripts required.

What is the max range of the Giraffe?

Still not decided, its possible to make it as long as any ArmA island but we might balance for the sake of gameplay. Your input is useful here.

Can the radar plot the course of the artillery?

The giraffe can locate the enemy artillery and mark it on the map.

Can the giraffe be placed on a vehicle and redeployed?

Our intention is to make this possible using the attachto command and this isn't a challenge however right now we don't have a proper carrier for the Giraffe.

Edited by granQ

Very nice. Will a sample mission showing people how to use it be included when you guys release? Also what is the range of the radar?

you beauty :D

how about some RBS-70's when i get them done :D

Darkhorse, thats the beauty of it. All you need to do is place it in the editor, walk up to it and start radar with the user action. (unless radar will be on by default.. not sure)..

It will then automaticly track airplanes (range.. balance between realistic, gameplay and performence.. not decided) and mark artillery that is using BIS arty module. NOTHING IS REQUIRED to be done in the editor, scripts or anything.. its "place & play" at its best ;)

We also working on the ARTHUR radar that has the capabilites to mark "estimated impact" point, but that one covers only a sector and not any airplanes.

The_Blink, are you working on those? We got some contact with SAAB people and were planning on including the RBS 70. Making it either "shoot on sight, no guidance", or if placed next to the giraffe it would be possible (not done yet but got it figured out) to connect it to the giraffe with a "data link", and then receive updates on targets with sounds.. (head that irl you get a beep in left ear if the target is to the left and so on, which makes it easier for the gunner to prepare and put the sights on the airplane)..

so if you want some joint operation with the RBS 70 we are up for it :)

well tbh i havnt started yet but plan to make one

in fact what youre doing i had planned in the future as the irish air defence has the giraffe 40 on a truck and the RBS-70

just maybe not advanced as you have it :D

well tbh i havnt started yet but plan to make one

in fact what youre doing i had planned in the future as the irish air defence has the giraffe 40 on a truck and the RBS-70

just maybe not advanced as you have it :D

well, i don't see any point why we should do the same thing when we can share the workload :)

We got many projects going right now but I let you know when we start more seriously with the RBS 70.. or if you want to start before let me know please :)

"When linked to nine RBS70 firing posts (each 4km apart), the Giraffe tracking system can protect an area of up to 175km²."

Taken from our army site :D should be quite the air coverage

ill let you know what im doing, by the timei get around you may have started, so i guess we could split the workload model wise

Somebody has been watching Saab commercials:D

Somebody has been watching Saab commercials:D

they might be a reason for that ;)

First post updated with the FAQ and I can also hint that the next SFP movie will most likely future another SAAB product...

they might be a reason for that ;)

First post updated with the FAQ and I can also hint that the next SFP movie will most likely future another SAAB product...

Please be the Gripen!

Love that jet.

just a thought

i found a scania cab model on the net and got premission for it, however its over 50k+ faces, i am working on reducing it by geting rid of as much as possible but its looking nigh on impossible

idea is im gonna try make different trailers for it to carry, would you like one specially made for the giraffe?

p.s, i know its carried on different truck :P but it is swedish :D

Edited by Slatts

Thanks for the offer Blink.. we might help eachother very nice. And since SFP is working with a 2015 scenario it isn't unlikely it would use the scania instead of the MAN.

oh and we looking into ideas for a "radar shadow", if anyone got good ideas for script that doesn't require too much cpu power to make it possible to sneak up on the giraffe it would be awesome.

I am seriously looking for help in the video/marketing area.. we got this new saab thing that is dying to be filmed. But I can't do it.. and aot (That did the giraffe movie) is busy making models, working and so on.. so if you wish to join our team, with the solo purpose of making awesome videos to promote our products and show them.. please contact me.

Please be the Gripen!

Love that jet.

i can say it will fly.. but we seriouly do need someone that can make videos :/

i can say it will fly.. but we seriouly do need someone that can make videos :/

What sort of videos do you need?

Because if it's just simple straight from game footage I'd be more than happy to help.

like the first one we posted.. :)

there been a lot of activity lately in the team (not this thread).. and i am happy to say we now got many new models ingame among them "the S-tank".. =)

Well, the videos and updates have been going bad. But to put some more info out while we wait for the "pr department" in SFP to be created. I will post one screen of our "cars".

http://anrop.se/forum/attachments/tgb_family.jpg

I will also reveal that SFP is working for making two scenario's. 2015, a new conflict which is based 99% on what is currently used in Afganistan (but in snow, woodland and desert camo.. who knows where next conflict will be) plus some equipment that is realistic but not yet issued to troops or just used by few units which we think will be more common.

For instance, the swedish IFV, Combat Vehicle 90, will be made in two versions, one of whats used today and one with "slat fence" based on the one the Danish use on their vehicles.

The other scenario is 1981 based on when a Soviet submarine went a ground in Sweden duing the cold war just outside a naval base. Soviet sent group of naval ships to its rescue and swedish soldiers were instructed to hold the border. The soviet ships were going towards the border, coastal artilleri turned on their radars and right before entering the ships turned away. The incident was solved with diplomacy but what had happen if the soviet commander had pushed forward or a eager/nervous soldier had fired on the ships.

We hope to use as much of arma'2 units to provide opfor in both scenarios, but we also making some stuff for the OPFOR. This includes the u137 submarine, the soviet An-12:

http://anrop.se/forum/attachments/an12_color.jpg

some typical soldiers

http://anrop.se/forum/attachments/wip_opfor.jpg

For the 2015 opfor we hope we can use the opfor from Operation Arrowhead but we havve added a bombbelt that works like a normal item but gives you control to blow yourself up. This is mostly for our multiplayer missions like warfare..

;1610746']WUUUUT...No Archer....Dang how dissapointing.....

LOL

andersson, expect a PM soon.

For artillery whats on our list is:

Fh 77A

Bkan 1C

Grkpbv 120

and mortars.

What we have confirmed that we will release is: Grk m84 (a mortar) and the Grkpbv 120. Bkan 1C shouldn't be that impossible.. first we getting the Strv103 done (use same chassi so we can reuse it)

The archer we hope the other Swedish mod will do..

Love mail..Hopes its a nice one..

About the Archer, its a really nice arty.

Now all i have to do is learn how to exchange units in WF (Bennys Ace that is)..

Would be nice to play as my self for once..LOL

Like Hancock says:

Gooooooooooood Joooooooob...

ok.. some news. SFP aim to release shortly after Arrowhead. For the first part the 2015 stuff will be released.

Here is the list of stuff that we plan to release... some more stuff are in the work, and some of this are far from done and we might not make it. So this is not a "for sure" but rather "what we hope, expect and think we might have in a decent conditing suiting for release".

Soldiers

* Basic soldier in woodland and desert camo

* NBC soldier.. for those zombie missions? :)

Weapons

* AK 5C (Modern FN-FNC)

* Ksp 58D (Modern FN-MAG)

* Ksp 90B (FN Minimi)

* PSG 90 (Artic warfare)

* P88 (Glock 17)

* Pskott 86 (BIS M136)

* GRG (BIS M3 model.)

* RB 57 (NLAW)

* Ra 180 (Radio for calling artillery, built in functionality)

Vehicles

* JAS 39C

* Tp 84 ( C130, just new texture)

* Hkp 15 ( A109)

* Hkp 14 (Nh 90)

* Strv 122 (Leo2, main tank)

* Strf 90C (Combatvehicle 90, IFV)

* Patgb 203 ( Patria 203, wheeled apc)

* SEP 8x8 (Wiki link wheeled APC)

* Ptgb 6 (RGM-32)

* The Giraffe radar system

* Visby Corvette (Wiki with possibilty to fire missiles on map click)

* Stridsbåt 90 (Wiki, fast boat for river patrols and similar)

and lastly.. i would like you to invite you to our new homepage.. that isn't 100% ready but its a sneakpreview. You will also find some screenshots there.

Swedish Forces Pack homepage

Edited by granQ