Sign in to follow this  
arb

Afghanistan Green Zone 10km Island WIP

Hi,

Just wanted to share some pics of my Green Zone island I have started and get some ideas about what I should add to it.

I need to add compounds and walls etc and was wondering if there are any available I can freely use?

I have manged to get the rivers working by using the sea and I think its turned out OK, I will also have a go at seeing if there is anyway I can add irrigation ditches.

Any feedback would be great, this is all at a very early stage.

Pics: http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/arb-2010/

Edited by arb
updated image gallery url
  • Like 1

Wow, looks pretty cool so far. Will be looking forward to seeing more as it develops! Thanks for sharing. :D

wow very nice...really cant wait for this..im in love with afghanistan type maps.. my cusin is stationed over thier with the 82nd! and my old unit was deployed to bagram, really cant wait for this to come out! i think the "green zone" is one of the best choices for Afghanistan map! would love to see "Tarin-Kowt" map tho too!

looks bloody awesome!!! Glad to see my 3 para's are gona get an afghan map to play in now ;)

looks bloody awesome!!! Glad to see my 3 para's are gona get an afghan map to play in now ;)

I can't wait to use YOUR 3para's in HIS Afghan map :D

Looking good. What province is this based off? Helmand? Uruzagan?

Looks like the green zone of Helmand, around the "snakes belly" of the Helmand river. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :p

I need to add compounds and walls etc and was wondering if there are any available I can freely use?

Opteryx's afghan villiage had compund walls and buildings in it. Its best to ask him.

Edited by Schancky

Big project a 10km map, with all those compounds and fields, big project.

Good luck.

As soon as Arrowhead is released we'll be neck-deep in Afghan-style objects, and no doubt shortly thereafter, Afghan-style terrains... however in the meantime there's not much available...

Opteryx is AWOL and unlikely to reappear anytime soon... He DIDN'T want his stuff ported to Arma2, so there are limits to how far his stuff can actually be used...

The WIP island Shekhabad by ebanks129 is using Opx's walls and stuff - in a slightly roundabout way... I'd suggest you have a chat with him about them...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

@colonel stagler

Yes but it has some good sides too, like in Opteryx's afghan map there wasnt much room for artillery or airsupport or for anything :P but 10km map provides very much space for extra stuff :)

@colonel stagler

Yes but it has some good sides too, like in Opteryx's afghan map there wasnt much room for artillery or airsupport or for anything :P but 10km map provides very much space for extra stuff :)

yes true that! we are so in need for a larger afghan styp area! i hope to see this come throw.

btw about the "Compounds\walls" i would suggest doing what ebanks did, then when OA is out, just re-place all the buildings..well as much as possible!

i know thats as easy as it sounds, but it would be the most effective way, given the nearly complete lack of afghan\iraq style buildings! that or if your as good at making o2 models, as you are at making..great maps like this one then you should beable to make so alsome stuff lol!