Sign in to follow this  
thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: Chernarus

Instant Action, Dynamic Missions, ArmA2 Single Player, No Addons

chernarusOverview2.jpgutesOverview2.jpg

Instant Action, Dynamic Missions, ArmA2 Single Player, No Addons.

Please download latest version 1.18 from here:

Flashpoint: Chernarus and Utes v1.18 download page

The mission is completely unique every time you play, everything is randomly generated. However I have made the group types very carefully to be realisitc and balanced.

This mission is designed for having a quick blast, exploring Chernarus, and experiencing the great AI and world that BIS provided.

Have fun... any feedback is appreciated ;)

B

flashpointThumb14.jpgflashpointThumb02.jpgflashpointThumb03.jpg

Edited by thomsonb
New version released

Great work, I enjoyed it a lot. I like making up my own story and objective. Like saying "I have to reach town X alive" and deciding whether to go and help a friendly squad holding down some bad guys, or take advantage of the hole they create.

I do have one question though, is MP a possibility? I would like to play this coop with a friend or two.

*edit* I unpacked the pbo and added a playable soldier under the player character in the editor. I have yet to try it with a human player, but I assume it wont work right? When I start an MP game on my own, I am still a random soldier going solo with no soldier by my side. Just curious cause this would be a very sweet mission to play with friends.

Edited by WeaponsFree
Extra information

WeaponsFree, glad u enjoyed, thanks.

MP coop... it is a possibility, but it will be a lot of work to implement. It's not as simple as adding a player in editor. The player is spawned from a list of player types (look in init.sqf) also there are many more dificulties associated with MP that I will have to address.. I will have a go, and if I find enough time il release a MP coop version, I agree it would be a fun mission with friends :)

cheers

B

Edited by thomsonb

Thanks a lot, would be much appreciated. If you manage to put out a coop verison I can do some testing if you like.

Meanwhile I'll enjoy as is.

I like this concept but the first few games I played a was slaughtered and the fact that there were no objectives other than to stay alive means that I could accomplish that by laying next to a tree and waiting for someone to walk by. Might be better if there was an objective or at least a waypoint to reach at which point you could reward the player with better weapons or something.

Nice mission, played a few times lastnight and had alot of fun. Will deffinately be coming back to this, it's quick action with alot of random possibilities.

I like the fact you can join the friendlies and give them orders then ditch them and go back to doing your own thing.

Just to add on to WeaponsFree's suggestion - Perhaps the players could be dropped separately, giving us the (optional) objective of regrouping.

We wouldn't necessarily need to be in the same group (nor have the option to form a group) but it would be great to enjoy this dynamic sort of mission with a mate.

Either way, thanks for the mission. :)

Perhaps some set faction bases placed on the map, giving you the objective of reaching and holding that base, or attacking an enemy base with whatever ragtag team you picked up, even if that would be very hard. I assume it might lead to problems of enemy units spawning inside the bases when the player gets close, but just throwing some ideas.

Thanks again

Perhaps adding the option to join and lead a group or to join and follow a group would be great. Thanks for the mission, it frickin awsome!

Hello all

Firstly, many thanks to everyone who has tried out my mission, and for your feedback, i appreciate it after lots of hard work building the mission :)

I have just released a new version, 1.9

I have added an option to turn on an Objective position which you must reach to finish the mission. Some people have commented that they would like a fixed place to reach, hopefully this will improve the game for them.

please download from here:

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=34546

cheers

B

Edited by thomsonb
typo

Greetings again

I have just uploaded another latest version 2.0 of the mission

it is available here:

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=34546

This update adds dynamic weather, weather forecast, and improves the statisitics command alot, for a much more useful and polished feel.

Sorry for posting so many updates so quickly, (i have had lots of time to work on it today!) this will be the last one for a while, i think it is ready to be released as final version, finally ;)

Thanks and all the best

B

Absolutely no problem posting lots of updates as this mission is good. Keep up the good work mate.

Thanks for your work, ive thrown your mission in duala and it seems to work sweet...

In future when you get time on your hands would it be possible to be able to select what unit, scenario, time etc.... random is cool but sometimes i feel like i want to choose my battle.

Anyway great mission, great action!

Very cool, thanks thomsonb! The objective marker/mission ending seems very cool and I will be trying it out shortly.

I opened up your mission in the editor (hope you don't mind) and added a fixed marine firebase around the middle of the map. To date it's been fun as an objective to reach, but once you reach it, the mission is basically over as the battle tends to be fought just outside the base perimeter. Although in one instance a pretty devastating enemy aircraft attack made for interesting defensive moments.

Still hoping for a coop version, but I certainly understand it requires a lot of work on your part. Meanwhile the randomness and intensity of the mission keeps me playing it.

regards

@katipo66

Hey man, its a good idea, im working on a dialog so you can choose to set all the options if you like, choose unit type factions time wx location etc, it might be a week or 2 before its ready to go ;) Feel free to port this to another world (i will do so myself when im happy with the finished version) it is simple, you may have to adjust the script "IslandPos.sqf", this sets the coordinates for spawning the player (but chernarus is so large that other islands should be covered by the default numbers)..

Also changing unit types and player types is possible, but the arrays must be exactly the same format, different factions will require lots of code changes in the "init.sqf", but straight forward to do

@weaponsfree

Feel free to edit and add stuff if you like, i take it as a compliment. I am working on random base spawning as you move around the world. It is full of problems however and will not be ready for ages..

Thanks for playing

please let me know any bugs you notice, and any cool situations you experience in the battle ;)

cheers

B

Edited by thomsonb

@katipo66

Hey man, its a good idea, im working on a dialog so you can choose to set all the options if you like, choose unit type factions time wx location etc, it might be a week or 2 before its ready to go ;) Feel free to port this to another world (i will do so myself when im happy with the finished version) it is simple, you may have to adjust the script "IslandPos.sqf", this sets the coordinates for spawning the player (but chernarus is so large that other islands should be covered by the default numbers)..

Also changing unit types and player types is possible, but the arrays must be exactly the same format, different factions will require lots of code changes in the "init.sqf", but straight forward to do

To be able to choose all options would be awesome! :)

Yea it ports to Duala no worries, Duala is kinder to my system!

Cheers bro :D

@katipo66

, you may have to adjust the script "IslandPos.sqf", this sets the coordinates for spawning the player (but chernarus is so large that other islands should be covered by the default numbers)..

Hi thomsonb, i actually tried putting this in afghan village and it worked sweet except everything spawned out side of the playing/map area.

Can you give me a clue as to what numbers i might change to get the coordinates right, or where i might find info on that

Cheers

@katipo66

hi man, check your messages I sent u info how to set coordinates of another island.

If anyone else wants to know il open a new thread in the editing section... Let me know if ur interested..

B

Edited by thomsonb
My retarded typing

This is a fun mission, kind of a death slot machine feel. every fight rolls into the next.

I wish it wasn't so foggy all the time. I presume it's to hide the close-spawning units, but it would be great if both the fog and spawn distance of the AI could be player-adjusted.

Hi Maturin

The weather is actually random each time you play.

The fog is a random between 0 and 90%, so I think you have just had 'bad luck' having it very foggy many times! I will reduce the probability of heavy fog (over 70%) next time I release an update.

There is a command in the commands dialog, 'weather forecast' which tells you how foggy it is, and if it is getting worse or improving etc...

The units don't spawn really close, it is set to 200m minimum now after testing alot, maybe if you are in a really open area and happen to be looking in exactly the right direction you could see a group spawn, but it is very rare, by design ;)

cheers for playing, and thanks for the feedback

B

Edited by thomsonb

Hi Maturin

The weather is actually random each time you play.

The fog is a random between 0 and 90%, so I think you have just had 'bad luck' having it very foggy many times! I will reduce the probability of heavy fog (over 70%) next time I release an update.

There is a command in the commands dialog, 'weather forecast' which tells you how foggy it is, and if it is getting worse or improving etc...

The units don't spawn really close, it is set to 200m minimum now after testing alot, maybe if you are in a really open area and happen to be looking in exactly the right direction you could see a group spawn, but it is very rare, by design ;)

cheers for playing, and thanks for the feedback

B

Oh, I guess I was just unlucky.

Since the units spawn constantly and instantly, wouldn't relatively great spawn ranges work as well? It would be like the ACM, but more intense. It seems like you would be running into smaller fights on your way to the objective (and hence have more coherent units and a chance for a tactical approach) instead of always being in the middle of a free-for-all. Not that the current mission should be changed, of course.

Excellent mission, I have been playing it for days now and it doesn't get boring, it was something I have been missing in Arma2! :D

Added some RH weapon boxes on the map to give me something to do and it plays really nicely with GL4 addon (Gets rid of those pesky AI-half a mile- AK47/iron sight-first shot killers! :p ).

Can we have a hardcore mode with no Start marker, only the optional finish marker, I like getting lost and try to figure out where I am on the map ads a whole new level of depth to the mission. Also would settle for a hint on how to remove it myself ;)

Cheers thomsonb for this excellent mission!

Enjoyed it much Thomsonb! nice way to play on the go, just load and play until you're tired or bored. Cheers!