Sign in to follow this  
BD1

BD1's Combat Ambience

Hello all,

Some of you will have experienced some of the combat ambience sounds I have created from various sources and used in my missions, with comments like "that distant artillery just scared the living hell out of me..."

So I have decided to release these to you all. When making a mission...ambience is one of the most important factors and I feel many forget the impact that sight (or lack of), sounds, etc, have on our gaming experiences.

So please find attached 4 sounds for your enjoyment:

Distantmortars

Combat1

Jetflyby

airraidsiren

I actually find that these are used best in triggers. Create the trigger with relation to how you want the sound to appear to the player. For example the sound is often played at the 'flag' point of the trigger, therefore to get that distance sound.... place a very longgggg eliptical trigger so that the tip of the elipse is in your 'AO' were a particular force triggers the sound. The sound will then appear to be in the distance...

You then have to create a 'sound' folder in your mission to store the sounds. You then have to define the sounds in your mission description file for example:

class CfgSounds
{
sounds[] = {combat1, distantmortars1, jetflyby1}; 

class combat1
{
name = "combat1";
sound[] = {"\sound\combat1.ogg", db+1, 1.0};
titles[] = {};
};

class jetflyby1
{
name = "jetflyby1";
sound[] = {"\sound\jetflyby1.ogg", db+1, 1.0};
titles[] = {};
};

class distantmortars1
{
name = "distantmortars1";
sound[] = {"\sound\distantmortars1.ogg", db+1, 1.0};
titles[] = {};
};

};

Then just create a trigger, go to the effects tab at the bottom left hand corner and find the sound you want to play in the 'anonymous' sounds list. Scroll to the bottom and that is where you will find the new sounds.

They should now be ready to use in your mission.

I hope you enjoy them and if you use them, feel free to drop me a thanks in the credits of your mission! ;)

Here is the download:

http://www.4shared.com/file/214944423/332d57a0/CombatAmbience.html

Armaholic mirror:

- BD1's Combat Ambience

Edited by BD1
Armaholic mirror up

Stephsen... people have been playing missions of mine at TG with these sounds for over a year and a half having created them for ArmA....

I took sounds from various sources from the internet and resampled them and have all the original reworked files, if your's are somehow exacly the same... it is probably me that should be raising my eyebrows at you.

EDIT:

I have actually just played your sounds and they are NOTHING alike.... or are you now saying that anyone who creates ambient combat sounds is somehow now copying you...??

So I'll accept your apology for false accusation of 'copying'..... now run along....

Edited by BD1

I love when the non-english speaking euros get angry, it makes reading these forums a lot more fun...but he is right stephsen, they are nothing alike...stop getting angry.

No chance of a video then, so we can hear them first?

I'll see what I can do for that..but you can play these sounds in your windows media player. This is not a mod style sound collection, you simply drop each sound into a sounds folder... so play them and see what you think.

However, consider playing with them in the editor as it is the distance variation of the trigger that really makes the sound.