Sign in to follow this  
jasonnoguchi

SP - Operation Iron Fist series

Your Experience With My Missions Is...  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Your Experience With My Missions Is...

• 5 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 2 Stars
    • Total Piece of Crap, Don't Waste Time

Foreword:

After learning from all the great missions out there, I am glad to announce the start of my very own series of anti-taliban themed missions called Operation Iron Fist. I am making them in series like what USRanger did for his "Bloodhound" series simply because producing an entire campaign with the scope and quality that I have in mind is nearly impossible for me at my stage due to my RL time committment. I hope you guys enjoy my missions. :)

WARNING! : Please don't play my missions if you have a less than 3ghz computer. It WILL bring your computer to its knees due to the immense number of units on the map. There is no way I can create the realism I am after using dynamically spawned enemies or friendlies and I really hate to see another frustrated player (which will of course give me low ratings) because their machine is not good enough to play these missions with good enough FPS.

I NEVER use my players as beta testers. All my releases are thoroughly beta tested and final.

==============================================================

Operation Iron Fist - Part 1 : FOB Alamo

ironfist2.gif

TAGS: Grunt Combat, Large Scale Battle, Multiple Endings, Voice Overs

DOWNLOAD FROM ARMAHOLIC :: DOWNLOAD FROM FILEFRONT

Introduction:

In the Operation Iron Fist series of missions, you will be playing a lowly, often forgotten, grunt (AT soldier) in a 50 men USMC platoon assigned to Aiktalik. In the first mission, "Operation Iron Fist - FOB Alamo", the FOB comes under heavy attack from the taliban insurgents seeking to rid US presence. It is a dawn assault that took everyone by surprise. As a mere grunt in this chaos, what will you do to make a difference? Or will you simply hide and let the conflict sort itself out OR even go AWOL? You choose... I am making my missions non-linear in style. This means that there would not be any series of "tasks" to follow through in order to complete the mission. You need to try to understand the situation and then do whatever you want to do or you deem fit to do for the situation. You literally decide your own task, your own mission, your own destiny within the bigger picture that is happening around you. In fact, the mission could play out very differently each time you replay it or everytime you use a new AI mod. In fact, you might run into different people and different "tasking" everytime you restart. Like in all wars, your only job as a soldier is to live to see another day... The purpose of my missions is to allow players to experience the cruelty and harsh realities of war and not to glorify war and make heroes. You will experience panic, helplessness and chaos.. the reality of war.

Featuring 5 Possible Endings, including the possibility of going AWOL!

Required addons for Operation Iron Fist - FOB Alamo:

- Aiaktalik

- BlackOps and desert mercs

- Desert USMC Units

- Extra Units and Vehicles

- ACE, ACEX, CBA, ACEX_PLA (featuring PLA as part of coalition force... yeah, I know I know... screw RL. )

Featuring the voice acting talent of:

USRanger709 (maker of Operation Jackal's Hunt) as Officer in Command (OC)

Tonci as Razor Team Leader, Miles.

Beagle23 as Fire Team Leader

My Wife, Precious, as Captain Yang, liaison officer of the PLA

Archamedes (in the SAS Black Ops campaign) and myself as various marines

YOURSELF as the main character using "bardosy's Chesty Puller style" main character dialogues. :)

Also featuring custom music remixed from some of Hans Zimmer's classics and battle sounds to create the most immersive environment possible.

Recommended Settings:

:: Effects & Voice Volume 100% & Music Volume 50% (Some sounds are extremely bassy, bewarned)

:: Visual Distance 800m (yes, you don't need very long VD in this mission and you won't want to due to the huge number of AIs)

:: Friendly Accuracy 1.0, Enemy Accuracy 0.5 (those jihadists are just not that well trained and this setting gives the best balance for this mission)

The mission is extremely heavy even for my system, especially the beginning when a lot of animations need to be loaded, so I would advise a restart the moment the mission starts so that you can play with all animations already loaded into your ram without stuttering.

With Expert Advise From:

USRanger709, maker of Operation Jackal's Hunt | Bardosy, maker of Chesty Puller campaign

Hints:

1. There is no "briefing" screen. You are thrown into all out war right from the start with your leaders giving you instructions on the fly (whether you choose to obey or not, its up to you. ) Again, you are recommended to hit the ESC key and restart the mission the moment it starts so that the starting animations would be in your ram to avoid stuttering and missing animations.

2. It doesn't matter if someone you think is important dies or some "task" you take on fails. In RL battles, shit happens all the time too. Eventually, the battle ends one way or the other depending on what you do. The only way you really "lose" is by dying. Just like real life. As long as you stay alive, you live to tell the story. In fact, the only time you need to use the "revert" in this mission is if you DIE. There is no reason to reload if some "task" you give yourself fails. There's still plenty to do in the mission. Even if you are heavily injured and on the ground struggling, just wait a while and someone might just patch you up. You WILL be injured , perhaps many times, so please wait for first aid.

3. When you die, you can team switch to any of your surviving fire team mates. If you are wounded and your team mates are not coming, you can team switch to any of them and then come heal yourself. Remember to drag to safety first. Bullets do land on the same spot twice. To carry an injured (which is way faster than dragging), first select DRAG then go back into action menu and select CARRY.

4. Your team leader may behave differently everytime you replay. Sometimes he's all tactical and fast and sometimes, he's just stupid and inviting bullets, thats just the way it is. :)

5. MG Nests are referred to as "MG" ingame as well. If M2 MG positions are taken up, go for the M240 MG nests.

6. To enjoy the full intensity of the mission, make sure you deny yourself the save button. That way, you would really feel the emotions that are designed into the mission.

7. NEVER run in front of a firing friendly! Look around at where you are going before moving! (this is where trackir is VERY useful)

8. Take cover BEFORE reloading!!!!

Operation Iron Fist - Part 2 : Chaos In The City

chaos.gif

TAGS: Grunt Combat, Quesh-Kibrul, Urban Combat

Coming Not-So-Soon In A Month Or Slightly More.....

Introduction:

After the defeat at the Alamo, US troops pulled back and garrisoned the nearby capital city. After your experience and survival at the Alamo, you have been field promoted to Fire Team Leader (after your fire team leader died). Life as garrison in the city was dry and boring with the daily dose of IED disposal and playing nanny to the delta force. One day, during a routine, boring, patrol, you received orders that taliban suicide bombers has threatened to bomb the city's market square as a retribution to the city for housing the Americans. You are ordered to capture or kill these infiltrated suicide bombers before they can pull their trick off... but there's one problem... there's like a hundred civilians around you everywhere and these people are so used to gun fire they don't even bother to run or take cover in a fire fight! Can you still do your job without the collateral damage that the suicide bomb would have caused anyways?

Featuring:

1. The most immersive city scene ever seen in ArmA2 so far.

2. Intro

3. Multiple endings and Outro for each ending

4. Full voice over

Required addons for Operation Iron Fist Part 2 - Chaos In The City:

- Quesh-Kibrul

- Desert USMC Units

- Extra Units and Vehicles

- NZX up-armored HMMWV

- FFAA Arab Civil

- FFAA Terrorists

- Faux News Reporters

- RH's Scars and Custom M4s

- ACE, ACEX, CBA

Edited by jasonnoguchi
Added Required Addons for Chaos In The City

Sounds good mate. I know you have a lot of good ideas, I hope you can realise them in you missions. Looking forward to these.

SD

SD, sigh... sadly, a lot of my ideas have not seen fruition since my coding skills are still somewhere next to zero...hahahaa I believe I will catch up quite quickly on that as well since the coding style is not very different from the php css and javascript scripting that I am used to. :)

Great, cant wait for your missions jason, as Soupdragon said you have many ideas, now time will give you the coding skills necessary to make nice missions. :)

Yeah, He makes a Mission himslef and its about Grunt combat. You had enough inspiration from CP and ST& campaigns, so I bet this will be great

sweet, thanks dude, will try this tonite...umm...er...or when its done!

Edited by maj_woody

Thanks a lot guys for the attention! :)

OMG, you guys have encouraged me to raise the bar soooo much! Ok, I have a few more ideas up my sleeve which I am going to make happen in this mission so I am going to take a while longer on it. It is going to be a playing style and a "mission" type that you guys have never experienced before. :) Nothing like the conventional "give a task, complete a task" type of mission. I really throw you into an environment with a TON of things happening very quickly and you decide how you want to fit in. :)

Also, I am making 3 possible endings to this one mission, so no matter what you decide to do, even the most extreme case of going AWOL, the mission ends somewhat. :)

well, what's started as just a simple practise mission for me is now growing into something unique and I hope you guys would enjoy it when its completed.

Along with the new things I am adding to the mission, I would need 2 more voice actors, american accent of course, best if its african american accent. :)

3 endings!!! You are raising the bar!!! Giving me ideas for my next set of mission . . . hehe ;)

@jason- This sounds interesting. please understand that I am not bitching, just asking, is there any chance of a non ACE version for those of us who prefer to not use ACE. If you say no I completely understand, as it is your work and your choice. Either way I am greatful for people like you and the many modders in the community who put their own time and effort into these mods and missions.

@Mysteryman, let me release the ACE version first and then polish things up a little before releasing the non-ACE version. :) Its 100% ok since I am using nothing more than the ACE units, weapons, rucksack, CSW and PLA units. I am even using default BIS wounding system so you get plenty of wounded people lying around waiting to be healed if you are willing to do so. :)

Thanks a lot guys for the attention! :)

OMG, you guys have encouraged me to raise the bar soooo much! Ok, I have a few more ideas up my sleeve which I am going to make happen in this mission so I am going to take a while longer on it. It is going to be a playing style and a "mission" type that you guys have never experienced before. :) Nothing like the conventional "give a task, complete a task" type of mission. I really throw you into an environment with a TON of things happening very quickly and you decide how you want to fit in. :)

Also, I am making 3 possible endings to this one mission, so no matter what you decide to do, even the most extreme case of going AWOL, the mission ends somewhat. :)

well, what's started as just a simple practise mission for me is now growing into something unique and I hope you guys would enjoy it when its completed.

Sounds really interesting.

Looking forward for the release.:)

Finished up a selection of music that sets the mood of the mission (some of the music are remixed by me specially for this mission. :) )... now to sort out how come my "player in thislist" trigger stopped working all of a sudden...mmm...

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Got the voice talent of Beagle23 involved in voice acting for this mission!

Made another set of custom sounds to really bring out the mood of battle.

Added radio static to all radio comms.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Final release date updated from 15 Feb to 7 Feb. :)

This is due to the enormous help that USRanger709 has so gracious rendered me in terms of scripting advise. Really save me a TON of time. Thanks alot buddy!!! :) Blitz through mission making this whole weekend!

I am happy to announce that TONCI and Archamedes will also be participating in the voice acting for the mission! yayayayay! Yeah, that's how big the variety of voices in the mission needs to be. :)

Edited by jasonnoguchi

After one whole weekend of working a total of about 24 hours, I am happy to say that the ambience of the mission is now more or less made. Yes, this is a simulation, experiential mission which aims to put you into a movie-like setting (inspired by USRanger709 of course) complete with PP, music, noise, ambience, everything the game can do to provide a sense of immersion. Now, to put in a couple of more "scenarios", the 3 endings, 3 outros and then waiting on my voice actors and we will be done. :) The mission will be released as a final release, not as a beta, so I expect to get it right the first time so everyone can play it as it is meant to be their very first time. There will not be an "intro" because an "intro" has been built into the beginning of the mission so there will not be a briefing screen.

The mission is extremely heavy even for my system so I would advise a restart the very moment the mission starts so that you can play with all animations already loaded into your ram without stuttering.

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Ok, I simply can't resist it... added a 4th ending for the mission where the baddies win. :)

Over 30 triggers and 4 endings to make sure you guys have a different experience everytime you replay. :) (good thing is, the mission ending triggers are unbreakable. )

Edited by jasonnoguchi

This mission is moving on better than I expected.

10 different possible scenarios, 4 possible endings and FINAL RELEASE date changed from 7 Feb to 3 Feb! :)

@SD, I really hope this "mission" (I won't refer to it as a mission anymore... more of a scenario) is able to as much as possible create the chaos in battle which we do not experience in regular ArmA2 missions which has so sorely limited the "human factor".

@zombo, I really hope you will say that AFTER playing it a couple of times. :) My sincere wish to deliver my very best to the community. :)

3 of 4 possible end mission triggers completed. :) Just one more to go and my voice files from my voice actors and we are ready to go! :)

Interesting stuff indeed. Definetly will try ASAP.

Now that i finished work on my own campaign i'm going to spend time to test other people's missions and hopefully learn something at the same time.

Well, I am 99% of the way there now. :) The day I receive my voice actor's voice files is the day I make the final release. :) So buddies, Lets get on it! hehehehe

4th and final trigger and scenario made! :)

15 scenarios and 4 possible endings. :) All done, tested and ready for play... just waiting on my voice actors now. :)