Sign in to follow this  
cestcomi

Balota Airport - Ready to use: "Lighting system and illuminating tower"

After many search on this forum, I didn't find a "ready to use" solution to illuminate the airport of Balota.

So I started thinking about the scripts available to me to create my "lighting system and assisted takeoff and landing" on that runway; especially with the C130.

To do this, I used:

- "Land_Ind_IlluminantTower"

- "Land_NavigLight"

- "Land_Runway_PAPI"

- "Land_runway_edgelight"

and a script to simulate as best as possible a lighting for the "Illuminating Towers", bunkers, warehouses...

It's sometimes a problem to take-off with the C130 or A-10 because the runway is too short and there are annoying trees at the end of the runway.

So I decide to make a slight bombardment targeted after the launch of the map to destroy these trees.

I also placed a concrete ramp at the end of the track that gives a little help taking off. This ramp lights automatically via a script and does not interfere with the landing.

Takeoff and landing with the C130 is now easy and the runway has finally its lighting.

You can easily merge this mission with yours keeping only what you want.

I am not an expert in script or aviation. So I leave the task of correcting possible errors.

Mission download (13kb): gfds_balota_by_night.chernarus.zip

arma220100128000518.th.jpg arma220100127235833.th.jpg arma220100128003338.th.jpg arma220100127235710.th.jpg

Other screenshots: LINK

:)

awesome work dude - i'll see if i can port this into GITS Evolution

Could you make this a mod,so it's always illuminated by night?

Nice, I will have to try this. Thanks!

@ eggbeast

Thx. There should be no problem to merge this with your mission. I saw that you're working on the Evo mission like me ;-). I will give a try with your version v20. :)

EDIT: I could merge your mission with mine without any problems :-)

@ hamis

Sorry dude, but I discover the game since Arma 2 and I'm not experienced enough to make a mod. Someone else here maybe ? :o

Edited by cestcomi