Sign in to follow this  
alleycat

Combat Extreme: The plant (coop30)

plant.jpg

Combat Extreme: The plant

A coop mission for ARMA2

Works with and without ACE

Mission Info:

Ever wondered what it is like to be at the wrong end of a sniper ambush? Do you enjoy the paranoia and suspense that comes with sneaking through a town, knowing there is a sniper somewhere, staring at you through a high-powered rifle scope? Or how it would feel cowering behind concrete, asking yourself where the fk that shooting comes from?

Then you might want to check out this mission.

An up to 30 player coop against an extremely cunning and very outnumbered enemy. You will (depending on the difficulty parameters) never encounter more than 2-7 enemies. So in case you play this alone, or with up to 4 friends in one squad, you will never encounter more than 2-3 enemies. This may sound a bit empty, however due to combining hand picked locations and a high level of randomization in selecting these locations, the enemy may hide in over 43 different places.

In short, this is basically your own personal traumatic urban sniper drama in ARMA2, which you can play over and over again.

Team roster:

1x mission commander

6x 5 man squads

(the mission commander is a separate unit in his own squad, ideal for organized coops. He is however not necessary and can be safely turned off in the slot selection)

Other info:

- Has a working briefing and mission triggers.

- Quality placement of enemies. Every single unit is carefully placed by hand which provides challenging combat without resorting to overwhelming amounts.

- Extreme replayability, due to combining hand-picked locations and random selection.

- Difficulty scalable with parameters

- Ideal for coop players who enjoy combat in dense urban areas

Note to server admins:

Please do not server-side modify any AI skills settings, because several things in the mission depend on these.

changes

v02:

- Replaced dragunov marksman with rifleman in all player teams

- Moved starting places a bit away from the water

Download:

v0.2

http://www.tr-racing.de/arma2/plant02.rar

Edited by alleycat

Downloading ! :D

Edit : The mission is not compiled. Maybe a mistake ?

Downloading ! :D

Edit : The mission is not compiled. Maybe a mistake ?

Indeed, it aint compiled :p

whooops, going to fix that

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Updated file.

Great idea for a mission, but the spawn point drops some of our folks into the water. I did get the "un-packed" version, so the edit will be simple enough. But you might want to fix it if you submit it for download as a *.pbo. ;)

Respectfully submitted,

WH_Boomer

Great idea for a mission, but the spawn point drops some of our folks into the water. I did get the "un-packed" version, so the edit will be simple enough. But you might want to fix it if you submit it for download as a *.pbo.

Respectfully submitted,

WH_Boomer

Updated to v0.2

Fun mission alleycat. We also played Trashcan today.

Thanks for making some missions!

We also played your British Para Airport Assault mission a week ago and loved that one.

We also played your British Para Airport Assault mission a week ago and loved that one.

This is not my mission

This is not my mission

Your right, I got the wrong mission maker!