Sign in to follow this  
TangoRomeo

TR Soundmodules: Fixed/Rotary Wing AC & Tracked/Wheeled Vehicles

Been some time, so hope this will make up for the lack of updates on the original TV release. ;)

>> Sound Demos

Fixed Wing AC

6h6NiYJMhXs

Download

TRFW

Rotary Wing AC

7KuhXrf-TuE

Download

trrw.gif

Tracked Vehicles

XX5yQSX_iQk

Download

trtv.gif

Wheeled Vehicles

8WirAQ8tBkA

Download

trwv.gif

Mirror.

Kindly provided by http://www.armedassault.info/

Mirror#2

Kindly provided by http://www.armaholic.com/

Audio format 44100hz, 16bit, .wss.

Binarized + key included.

Hope you'll like it.

HF :)

Edited by TangoRomeo

Dude, you're the best. :D

Downloading now, if it's anything like your Tracked Sound Mod then this will rule.

YES!

Thank you so much for this!

I'm thinking.. maybe your new goal could be sound modules for ACE vehicles? :b

Sweet! Downloading now. Going to go good with CSM :).

You have exceeded the download limit for free users. Please wait 25 minutes to download more files, or upgrade to FileFactory Premium for instant access.

not cool :(

Cole. Try disconnecting your line and try again. That's what i do if downloading multiple files from hosts with a set cap.

Got the Fixed Wing one, just gotta wait for ArmAHolic to host the rest so I can get them, not a member of FileFactory. :p

YES!

Thank you so much for this!

I'm thinking.. maybe your new goal could be sound modules for ACE vehicles? :b

i need a break! :D

But if the guys want to use any of these sounds in ACE, they can of course do so.

i need a break! :D

But if the guys want to use any of these sounds in ACE, they can of course do so.

ofcourse, take a break, you deserve it for all of this. It was just an idea incase you'd want to do more sounds in the future :)

I'll try the line disconnecting, it's a bitch though. sometimes it does change my IP, sometimes it doesn't.. :|

+1 on the Tracked Sound Mod, those T72s sounded epic. I used to have to make sure there was at least one T72 per mission just so I could hear the things, epic stuff. :D

Great news, thank you very much, I look forward to hearing these!

On the Fixed Wing front, all is perfect. I mean perfect.

The ONLY aircraft that doesn't sound quite right to me is the SU-25, which usually sounds like a high pitched screech, but that's the only thing I can find which isn't perfect. The C130 is just amazing.

I agree, the fixed wing is amazing, especially the C-130. You nailed it. I grew up around them, and that's what they sound like. All of the sounds are amazing, really. Thanks for these, and keep up the great work!

The ONLY aircraft that doesn't sound quite right to me is the SU-25, which usually sounds like a high pitched screech, but that's the only thing I can find which isn't perfect.

Ty Simon. I searched high and low, but quality source material is a rare occurance. For some vehicles i use generic sounds, or synthesize them, i.e. main rotor sounds, as it's somewhat difficult to get this sound isolated from mediocre youtube videos (background chatter, wind gusts, cell phone mic, etc.)

Example. For the main rotor sound i look up the helicopters main rotor hub r.p.m and number of blades for the blade passing frequency. Let's take the AH-64D. It´s main rotor hub spins at ~ 292 r.p.m. and it has 4 blades installed.

(292 / 60) x 4 = 19.47 hz

This means every second there are 19.47 blade slap impulses.

There are several audio editing programs /filters, plugins available to achieve the desired result. I´m using Cooledit (now called adobe audition) for this example.

First i generate some brown noise by creating a new file, then > Generate > Noise > Brown Noise.

Next i open the Doppler Shifter plugin (>Effects>Time/Pitch>Doppler Shifter).

First i want the sound to be stationary, so i select "circular" for Path Type.

Using the calculated value for blade passing freq. i´m now adjusting radius & velocity for a 19.5 times/sec cycle. A starting value would be Radius: 2.7, Velocity: 330m/sec. It´s somewhat trial &error. If i have an ok sound, i apply some EQ and mix in some slight tail rotor noise. That's basically it.

If however, anyone has high quality audio recordings of the real vehicles, i´m all "ears" :)

AC = Aircraft?

Ah well I guess that makes sense, although the fixed/rotary wing sorta gives it away.

On another note: We need to get more mirrors. I have to wait 30 minutes between each download unless I want to pay to use their download service.

TangoRomeo:

a little bugreport:

- The C-130 is missing a turn-off sound. When I shut the engines down, it's just instant quiet.

- The Osprey could have a slightly better transition between the engine and engine off sound, but it's not that noticable anyways.

Apart from those two minor things, I'm loving it! :)

Why is it called fixed/rotary wing AC?

AC= Aircraft.

Fixed Wing AC (Jets/Props/Glider..)

Rotary Wing AC (Helicopters..)

very good job! my new standard soundmod. do you plan to work on ambient/environment sounds?

TangoRomeo:

a little bugreport:

- The C-130 is missing a turn-off sound. When I shut the engines down, it's just instant quiet.

- The Osprey could have a slightly better transition between the engine and engine off sound, but it's not that noticable anyways.

Apart from those two minor things, I'm loving it! :)

Looking into. In general, AC need longer startup times, as they spool up almost immediately to 100% from cold cockpit, wish it was somewhat longer like with Helicopters.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

very good job! my new standard soundmod. do you plan to work on ambient/environment sounds?

Ty luemmel. - if someone provides a config, i´ll provide the samples.

Ty Simon. I searched high and low, but quality source material is a rare occurance. For some vehicles i use generic sounds, or synthesize them, i.e. main rotor sounds, as it's somewhat difficult to get this sound isolated from mediocre youtube videos (background chatter, wind gusts, cell phone mic, etc.)

Yeah, tell me about it. Finding a good SU-25 video with sound is like finding a needle in a haystack. :p

At 1:02 in this video is an example of the noise I mean, that sort of high pitched screeching, really weird sound.

DHJGKnCAn7A

It seems from my search that the in flight sounds you have are correct, I was mistaken into thinking that the plane sounded like it did in that video at all throttle positions. It seems your sounds are correct after all, my mistake. Apologies for this, will do more research next time. :)

Thank you very, very much for these packs! They perfectly blend into ACE2 as well (at least as far as I could tell)! You are extremely talented, I gotta give you that! :-))