Sign in to follow this  
Potatomasher

Sp - weeds

Single player mission WEEDS 1.1

nimetnqb.png

Mission overview: You are part of the Molation army and try to survive against US attacks. Your biggest income of money is from drug trafficking. Today you need to infiltrate enemy camp and retrieve stolen money so that you can buy weapons to your poor troops.

Addons needed:

Isla Duala by IceBreakr http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8988

Molation army http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8989

Download links:

Armaholic mirror:

- Weeds (@)

http://www.filefront.com/15352123/SP_WeedsV.1.1.rar

Apparently some people got offended by my mission and it clearly wasn't my purpose. I'm sorry if you feel that way. :(

This mission isn't intented to be racial or anything. Just fun action with different sides than usual.

Edited by Potatomasher

Added to the official mission listing. Congrats for the idea & playing on "bad" side ;)

Thanks.

Yeah i thought it would be a good change to play for once other than US or Russia. This isn't very complicate mission, but hopefully someone will have smile on his face when playing. Even small. :rolleyes:

but hopefully someone will have smile on his face when playing.

I did. :) It was fun to rebel around causing some havok haha.

Thanks for the work Potatomasher. Missions are always welcomed!

Apparently some people got offended by my mission and it clearly wasn't my purpose. I'm sorry if you feel that way.

This mission isn't intented to be racial or anything. Just fun action with different sides than usual. :(

So i wan't to know did i go too far with this mission ?

Are there more people who were offended ?

Potatomasher: tell me more - offended by what? <sarcasm>I'm a good friend of Molatian and Afrenian government</sarcasm>:)

Could be the use of the "N" word at the begining of the mission. I was a bit suprised to see it in there, and can see how that might cause offence to some folks.

SD

Could be the use of the "N" word at the begining of the mission. I was a bit suprised to see it in there, and can see how that might cause offence to some folks.

SD

More that it is the original version of that word, pretty much only used by old-school redneck racists -not the bruthas. Use the slang version if anything instead.

PM sent.

Potatomasher: tell me more - offended by what? <sarcasm>I'm a good friend of Molatian and Afrenian government</sarcasm>:)

Well. The N word clearly raises some anger still amongst people. Also i got criticised about that there are racial stereotypes throughout the mission. Like all black people drug trafficking and so on.

I just don't understand why someone would get offended when the TV networks, movies other games like GTAIV are in the same way using stereotypes.

I know many thinks also that southern US (TEXAS) is full of rednecks who drive around in pick ups wearing lumberman jacket and Camel boots and so on. ;) And so those people are often stereotyped to rednecks. But i don't think they get offended by that so easily.

I have to admit this subject is still very difficult and can raise strong opinions.

In the next update i change the N word to something else. Now i don't have the time even though it wouldn't take long, but i have to go to nightshift. So tomorrow.

No one is more offended by that word than white people. lol

No one is more offended by that word than white people. lol

Yeah i think what you mean. ;)

To a scandinavian chap like me these things are difficult as we don't think the same way like people in somewhere else...

And we don't think every word is hiding some racial joke or something like that.

Well for me the N Word is just ... well a word wich can be used like "Yoooo N..... wuuuz up?" ^^ I know some black People, and noone of them feels offended when hearing the N Word. Some People are just overreacting on everything

Mission updated

Changelog V.1.1

- Added more enemies

- Added some vehicles

- Replaced the "N" word ;)

- And some minor tweakings

Thanks Potatomasher. I fun playing the mission.

Only came across one potential bug - The cz 550 ammo in the pickup doesn't work with the cz 550 hunting rifle.

Thanks Potatomasher. I fun playing the mission.

Only came across one potential bug - The cz 550 ammo in the pickup doesn't work with the cz 550 hunting rifle.

You sure ?

I just tried and the magazines loaded just fine.

Don't use any other mods than Isla Duala & Molation army because other mods might mess up something.

Older versions of OAC_Core (part of CAA1) caused the cz550 bug. Update your CAA1 or remove it whilst playing. :)

Thanks guys. I think it must have been OAC_Core. I forgot I was running it.

Is the "N word" nigga?

I think Nigga was what he was going for but, maybe due to translation, it was nigger in the original mission. Didn't bug me either way.

I think Nigga was what he was going for but, maybe due to translation, it was nigger in the original mission. Didn't bug me either way.

Yes.

Now it's "bruthas". Hope that will do. :)

The reason i think why people are offended by the 'N-word' is because it was used to refer to slaves, and lable the black population as an inferior race that had to be subjected to the white man.

I didnt like to see that word used myself either, though i dont feel that strongly about it. But i can imagine some people will be offended by it.

And ofcourse there are certain young black people who call eachother the N-word all the time, but they are just idiots because they complain so much about being put down as a lesser person too, yet act out to the stereotype.

A normal person wouldnt do that, just street punks.

Since the Molatian army in some way resembles an entire race because in an army there are no individuals (take this comment with a grain of salt), it feels wrong to use the N-word because with that you immediately label everyone.

It makes it feel like everybody in the Molatian army (which is all black) call eachother by the N-word, which would imo be wrong.

It's a slippery slope and you have to be careful with the words you use in these things, because what you might think is innocent might not be so to others.

And i guess you make missions for those others, and not so much for yourself (at least i see my own missions that way)

The reason i think why people are offended by the 'N-word' is because it was used to refer to slaves, and lable the black population as an inferior race that had to be subjected to the white man.

I didnt like to see that word used myself either, though i dont feel that strongly about it. But i can imagine some people will be offended by it.

And ofcourse there are certain young black people who call eachother the N-word all the time, but they are just idiots because they complain so much about being put down as a lesser person too, yet act out to the stereotype.

A normal person wouldnt do that, just street punks.

Since the Molatian army in some way resembles an entire race because in an army there are no individuals (take this comment with a grain of salt), it feels wrong to use the N-word because with that you immediately label everyone.

It makes it feel like everybody in the Molatian army (which is all black) call eachother by the N-word, which would imo be wrong.

It's a slippery slope and you have to be careful with the words you use in these things, because what you might think is innocent might not be so to others.

And i guess you make missions for those others, and not so much for yourself (at least i see my own missions that way)

Agree with everything you said. Wise words.

Being a scandinavian that has no slavery history and top of that native language is not english these kind of misunderstandings are most likely to happen.

Loved the mission. Simple, clean and very well done! Thanks for your time in putting a mission out for us to enjoy!