Sign in to follow this  
sic-disaster

Operation Indian (coop8)

This mission was made by SiC for www.tangodown.nl

For a long time i've had an idea in my head for a coop mission featuring large forests, kind of inspired by the Bielski Brothers who managed to hide themselves and their Resistance unit in the woods for years during World War 2.

I wanted to do something with that, and FDF's Podagorsk island finally presented me with the ideal area, since the entire North is uninhabitated forest.

The backstory:

The USMC have been taking over Podagorks slowly but steadily, but were halted at a river near Protvino.

Heavy fighting ensued, and a few squads managed to break through. Soon after though the assault was crushed by the rebels, cutting off several squads deep within enemy territory, while the rest of the Army was pushed back to the river.

The squads who were suddenly cut off took over an old army base, and transformed it into what is now FOB Romeo Echo.

They are slowly starving and are under continuous siege, and it is your job to help them out.

You will be inserted by blackhawk using fastropes to find and destroy as many enemy encampments as you can to relieve the pressure of FOB Romeo Echo.

With a little luck, food and ammo convoys can get through, and the rest of the army is able to link up with Romeo Echo.

V1.1 changelog:

- Added hints reminding players to write down enemy intel.

- Updated briefing, warning players to write down enemy intel.

- Voice-over for southern enemy encampment changed.

- Several voice-overs have got added radio static and background fire.

- Motorcycle at Romeo Echo entrance removed.

- HQ channel changed from command channel to side channel.

V1.2 changelog:

- Set outpost triggers to trigger only once, preventing voice-over spam.

- Added Norrin's revive script.

- Added extra voice-overs for the Northern outpost.

v1.3 changelog:

- Reworked part of the Northern outpost for a streamlined experience. (last night we managed to trigger the voice-overs in reverse order. I have ensured this is no longer possible, thanks to new lessons learned with Operation Irene :))

Installation:

Place your Indian.FDF_isle_a file in your MPMissions folder.

Place the addons in your ArmA 2 folder how you see fit, either with the @mod solution or otherwise.

Features:

- Custom voice-acting

- Norrin's fastrope

- Norrin's revive script

- Intro to get players into the backstory

Special thanks to:

Sepros, Binkowski, Nimster, Maionaze, Pepperana and Rulero for their willingness to do voice-overs.

Norrin for his fastrope script.

FDF mod for their excellent Podagorsk island.

Schnapsdrosel for his blackop units.

Killg0re for his help with adding Norrin's revive script.

Screenshots:

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq360/SiC-Disaster/Convoy.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq360/SiC-Disaster/Fastrope.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq360/SiC-Disaster/doorgun.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq360/SiC-Disaster/convoy3.jpg

Armaholic mirror:

- Operation Indian Co-08 (@) (EDIT: WRONG VERSION! I MADE A STUPID MISSTAKE AND INCLUDED THE WRONG MISSION IN THE .RAR!)

Download the real Operation Indian here for the time being: http://www.filefront.com/15391435/Operation%20Indian%20v1.3.rar

Required addons

- FDF Podagorsk

- Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps

- MP Compatible Fast Rope Addon

Edited by SiC-Disaster

This is an awesome mission! I've only played it SP so far, but the concept is neat! I just need a hand with something:

The officer at FOB Romeo said the attackers come from the EAST and escape to the EAST (am i right?)... i walked in a direct line east from FOB Romeo all the way to the sea, and then walked back to Romeo a bit more north (near the hills) but I still can't find the camp the enemy uses to launch attacks on FOB Romeo with... I am stuck haha

Hi Sic, 51 here, I actually managed to secure ob1 & ob2 or camp if you prefer.

I really wanted to do this without cheating but I had a heck of a time finding Camp 3, so I cheated, forgive me.

To find Camp 1 & 2 was practical after speaking to the out-post commanders.

But I think a few more tips for Camp 3 would be beneficial.

You could also leave the dialog chat on the map or at least make it repeatable.

The ending was a little dry, the game just stopped without anything after the radio message was activated.

I received a couple of error messages (re-spawn script not found) & (fast ropes script not found) although re-spawn worked as well as fast roping.

Not a game breaker in anyway.

Good mission...51...

Thanks guys, nice to hear you enjoy it.

The camp in the East is a bit hidden indeed, but it's there. Take note that it's 'somewhere in the East' and not exactly to the East :)

But i'll give a hint: in the Eastern camp you should be able to smell the salt.

That's a weird error you got though, especially since the scripts do work...

Dont know what might be causing that.

And at first the dialogs were repeatable, so you could 'ask' the commanders again where to look.

But after a trial on our server somebody thought it was funny to keep standing in the triggerzone and continually trigger the message which was rather frustrating, so i made the triggers activate only once. I wanted to make up for that by adding enough hints that you should write the info down hehe.

Now a question of my own: did any of you try to find the little easteregg yet?

I wonder if people will be able to understand my hints.

A note to the easteregg: you need to activate the music in your options, otherwise you'll miss the funny part.

Some of our TDNL guys found it but they had turned down their music volume so they were missing the joke.

Bunch of drunkards singing on the way to work, heehaws!

I found another on the map itself, did you?

Q: on what is the snowman sitting ?

A:=

Nice to know my hints were understandable hehe.

About the easteregg: that's the beer talking haha, it's actually me and Sepros on New Year's Eve :D

But i havent found that easteregg of the map itself yet though. Now you've got me curious.

Updated the mission to streamline the experience at the Northern Outpost.

Download link for version 1.3 can be found in the original post.

I made a really stupid misstake while trying to update and upload 3 different missions at once... I'm ashamed :p

The mission file in the download right now is Operation Hit and Run, and not Operation Indian.

You need this file to get Indian: http://www.filefront.com/15391435/Operation%20Indian%20v1.3.rar

I see Joseph Troska said above he was playing this in SP. Does that mean it works properly in SP or will there be a problem running this mission in SP?

Thanks for the fast response. How about your Operation Irene, or does that one to many units for SP?

Edited by Mysteryman5150

Operation Irene isnt that optimised for SP, since there are multiple squads who have no waypoints, so they wont get anywhere unless a player plays as them.

You wont for example have the second squad with you unless you play as both squad leaders, or have an Apache as back-up.

I didnt think it would be that great to play in SP since AI sucks pretty much in urban environment, you cant keep track of them and because of this the mission will become pretty hard, if not too hard.

Coordination between players is what wins the day there.

Operation Irene isnt that optimised for SP, since there are multiple squads who have no waypoints, so they wont get anywhere unless a player plays as them.

You wont for example have the second squad with you unless you play as both squad leaders, or have an Apache as back-up.

I didnt think it would be that great to play in SP since AI sucks pretty much in urban environment, you cant keep track of them and because of this the mission will become pretty hard, if not too hard.

Coordination between players is what wins the day there.

I played Irene in SP. Indeed its not easy. I switched between the AI leaders to get good positions for my team mates. The AI can be really hard when using ACE2/GL4/ZEUS..but I did it! With only 2 soldiers left. I liked the CQB and the fighting in the hotel. Good and intense mission, even in SP. Thank you!

Thanks Sic- I will definately try out Indian in the near future. Maybe hold off on Irene until I am comfortable enough (meaning I get better at the game) to go online and play with other people.