Sign in to follow this  
Deadfast

Deadfast's RH AKs replacement

Deadfast's RH AKs replacement

Replaces original models of the AK family with those from RobertHammer's AKs pack

MP Compatible: Yes, client side

Signed: Yes, server key included

Requires: RH AKs pack

rhaksreplace_sm.jpg

If you prefer RH's AKs over the ones that come with your stock game this tiny addon is the option.

As said in the sum-up above, the addon is fully multiplayer compatible and as long as the server has my signature key enabled you will be able to join just fine, other players are not required to have this addon or RH's AKs pack.

List of replaced weapons:

• AKM (AK_47_M)
  • AKS-47 (AK_47_S)
  • AKS-47 Gold (AKS_GOLD)
  • AK-74 (AK_74)
  • AK-74 GL (AK_74_GL)
  • AKS-74 Kobra (AKS_74_kobra)
  • AKS-74 PSO (AKS_74_pso)
  • AKS-74U (AKS_74_U)
  • AKS-74UN Kobra (AKS_74_UN_kobra)
  • SVD (SVD)
  • Bizon (bizon)
  • Bizon SD (bizon_silenced)

Edited by Deadfast

You're the man deadfast, downloading now :D:D

is it Ace2 compatible?

It changes only the model, so it should be.

If it doesn't work try loading ACE first (-mod=@ACE;@DFS_rhAksReplace).

Thank you for the mirrors, Miller and Fox :xmas:

the RPK is not replaced?

The sound of the ak-74 is the normal BiS sound. why?

Edited by Leogecko27

Yeah make a sound replacement! That would be the best! Im sure its possible.

the RPK is not replaced?

I felt it'd look a bit weird given the fact Robert's RPK has the 45 rounds box mag while BIS uses the drums.

But hey, I can make a standalone for that. In fact for the sounds too if you guys want. Modularity FTW :)

I know this was posted a long time ago, sorry, but is there a way to change which guns are replaced with what? specifically, you replaced the stock un folded AKMS-47 that BIS had with the RH model of an original 1950's AKS-47 without any stock. Is there any way I or yourself could modify this so that it uses RH's model for an AKMS-47 with the stock open, because it looks really dumb to have an AKM and then pick up an AKMS and have the sights be completely different even though in theory its supposed to be the same gun just with a different stock. If you could explain how, that would be great.

Just open up the file inside the replacement file and search for the RH class name you want to change and swap it with a different. Not sure if this will work to be honest but it seems like it should. I'd make a backup first

Just open up the file inside the replacement file and search for the RH class name you want to change and swap it with a different. Not sure if this will work to be honest but it seems like it should. I'd make a backup first

I thought of that, I just don't really know what to change, and what to change it to. the class name that is currently used is RH_aks47. It needs to be RH_akms. when you unpbo the file, this is what is in the config.bin.

Ideas:confused::

raP — CfgPatches 6 CfgWeapons E — DFS_rhAksReplace R E units weapons AK_47_M AK_47_S AKS_GOLD AK_74 AK_74_GL AKS_74_kobra AKS_74_pso AKS_74_U AKS_74_UN_kobra SVD bizon bizon_silenced requiredVersion ÃÌÌ=requiredAddons CAWeapons CAWeapons_AK CAWeapons_bizon RH_aks_cfg E AK_BASE AK_47_M AK_47_S Y AKS_GOLD £ AK_74 ï AK_74_GL 7 AKS_BASE AKS_74_kobra Æ’ AKS_74_pso à AKS_74_U AKS_74_UN_kobra l Rifle SVD ¿ bizon bizon_silenced K — AK_BASE model \RH_aks\RH_akm.p3d picture \RH_aks\inv\akm.paa Y AK_47_M model \RH_aks\RH_aks47.p3d picture \RH_aks\inv\aks47.paa £ AK_47_S model \RH_aks\RH_aks47g.p3d picture \RH_aks\inv\aks47g.paa ï AK_BASE model \RH_aks\RH_ak74.p3d picture \RH_aks\inv\ak74.paa 7 AK_BASE model \RH_aks\RH_ak74gl.p3d picture \RH_aks\inv\ak74gl.paa Æ’ AKS_BASE model \RH_aks\RH_aks74k.p3d picture \RH_aks\inv\aks74k.paa à AKS_BASE model \RH_aks\RH_aks74sp.p3d picture \RH_aks\inv\aks74sp.paa AKS_BASE model \RH_aks\RH_aks74u.p3d picture \RH_aks\inv\aks74u.paa l AKS_BASE model \RH_aks\RH_aks74usdk.p3d picture \RH_aks\inv\aks74usdk.paa ¿ Rifle model \RH_aks\RH_svd.p3d picture \RH_aks\inv\svd.paa Rifle model \rh_aks\RH_bizon.p3d picture \rh_aks\inv\bizon.paa K bizon model \rh_aks\RH_bizonsd.p3d picture \rh_aks\inv\bizonsd.paa —

Any news about a compatible version for OA?

I would like to know this too, I can't get the current version to work with my CO install, it doesn't replace the AKs.

I'm being buggered by the fact that A2, OA and Combined Ops all need a separate version and I'd rather not mess things up ;)

That sounds annoying. Does this mean you are not going to release? Seems strange the three different versions are needed.

So hows this updated addon coming along? I am a big fan of the RH ak's and with OA this addon will not work. ( I would fix it myself but its been made into something that is difficult to change... )

Still nothing new on this? Are there any other replacement packs for AKs which work with OA?

If there would be any news, then Deadfast most probably would have posted them here. Sounds logical if you think about it, no?

We do not allow digging out old threads just asking for 'any news'.