Sign in to follow this  
dimitri_harkov

@Isla Duala: When Diplomacy Fails

When Diplomacy Fails - Isla Duala Version 1.0

This is just a straightforward port of the stock BIS 'When Diplomacy Fails' Warfare mission to Icebreakr's Isla Duala.

Get it here:

Filefront

Armaholic mirror:

When Diplomacy Fails - Isla Duala (@)

Required Addons:

Isla Duala

DIH Duala African Warfare (signed; get server key HERE)

The latter is a small replacement addon that enables warfare for Isla Duala.

Here is it's Readme:

DIH Duala African Warfare - Version 1.0

Released: 2010-01-04

Readme

1) What is it:

This is a replacement addon for Icebreakr's Isla Duala.

It enables 12 cities for warfare.

2) Installation

It would be easiest to just copy the files to your Isla Duala addon folder. The usual modfolder method works too, of course.

3) Notes;

This addon will be redundant soon, as Icebreakr will most probably add warfare game logics to his map himself. As soon as this happens, just remove this addon.

4) Credits

Written by Dimitri_Harkov.

Thanks to Icebreakr for his great map.

Usage:

Everyone may edit and/or re-release this mission as he pleases as long as credit is given.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov
Armaholic mirror added

Is there a WIKI describing this warfare mode?

Not that I know of. But it's more or less BIS' improved 1.05 Warfare mode with three sides.

Biggest difference is, that human commanders may forge alliances or request cease fires via a diplomacy menu that is available on the map screen.

Where do rebels start, random?

Yup, all starting locations are chosen randomly. The rebels get a bit more starting towns than the other sides (I think the ratio EAST : WEST : GUER : NEUTRAL is 0.2 : 0.2 : 0.4 : 0.2)

p.s. added to the official mission list. tnx!

You are welcome. It's a joy to play this mission on your team's excellent island :)

I'm not sure I understand...

Guer = Resistance = NAPA = playable

If no player is their commander, AI will command them. Just like it is with West and East.

Neutrals are not playable. These are the civilians. They don't defend their cities in this game mode (They can't because the engine doesn't really allow for more than 3 sides to battle themselves).