Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Reinforcements Demo - v0.5

Download here - http://creobellum.org/node/95

Summary:

This mission is to demonstrate the use of the Reinforcements script, to send a specific number of units when the number of units in an area drops below a certain mark. It includes random spawning of different group types, who mount a variety of land and air transport and move to the area selected to reinforce. Use the radio commands to force reinforcements, as well as teleport and camera functions.

reinforcements1.jpg

reinforcements2.jpg

reinforcements3.jpg

Usage:

Use GameLogic objects, placing this line in the destination GameLogic object INIT.

call{[position start, position dest, position dismount, 12, 4, 100, 10] execVM "crB_scripts\crB_reinforcements.sqf";};

Parameters:

- the spawn position - eg a GameLogic object called start

- the destination position - eg a GameLogic object called dest

- the position where the units will exit the transport vehicle - eg a GameLogic object called dismount

- this is the number of units to send as reinforcements

- this is (the watermark) the number of units remaining that will cause reinforcements to be sent

- the radius to look for active units in the reinforced area

- the time in seconds between checks for the need of reinforcements

- the side, faction or array of factions, you want the units to be created for example east, resistance, "RU", ["INS","GUE"]

You will also need to add one Functions module(F7) anywhere on the map.

Created by: (AEF)Wolffy.au [2CAV]

Thanks to:

Random Group Spawn code, the HOWTO and multi-faction code by Odin

CEP Unit Caching by Myke

Improved taskDefend/taskDefend by Binesi

Improved AI Driving by Sakura Chan

Visit us a http://creobellum.org/

Change Log:

Changes in v2.0

- Added: Implemented new multi-faction random group methods

- Changed: Moved multifaction code out of crB_reinforcements.sqf

- Removed: Dependencies on ACE

- Removed: unit caching

Changes in v0.6

- Added: Selecting faction in the parameters of crB_reinforcements.sqf and crB_randomGroup.sqf (Odin)

Changes in v0.5

- Removed: defense units no longer have unit caching

- Removed: unlimited ammo on MG nests

- Changed: all units come at once, rather than refill to watermark

- Changed: "Land" units (vehicles, static defenses) are considered part of the watermark unit count

- Changed: Reduced the chance of getting Air transport (1 in 7)

- Fixed: spawn crew now specific to vehicle

- Changed: Transport speed now "FULL" (except AIR) which means transport does not remain in formation while moving

- Changed: Transport CombatMode now "GREEN" which means transport does not engage unless fired upon

- Changed: Improved code to transport infantry

- Added: Sakura Chan's Improved AI driving

Initial release v0.4

Developer notes:

Here is a list of nifty components to be found in this mission.

Random Group Spawn code by Odin

- This piece of code has turned out to be the most important piece of my future mission making. Using GameLogic objects, this code will spawn random enemy groups of Infantry, Motorised, Mechanised, Armour and Air. In conjunction with Binesi's taskDefend and taskPatrol code, randomised mission making has never been simpler. Now supports multi-factions.

CEP Unit Caching by Myke

- This code is originally from Myke's ARMA I Coop Essentials Pack. I have heavily modified it and it now supports vehicle units.

Improved taskDefend/taskPatrol by Binesi

- Binesi posted these improved BIS functions around the same time I was asking myself the same question. Placing patrols and defensive squads has never been simpler.

Improved AI Driving by Sakura Chan

- Improves AI driving skills dramatically, in particularly on roads.

Edited by Wolffy.au

I've had so many people ask for this change, thanks to some help from Odin crB_reinforcements.sqf and crB_randomGroup.sqf now support multiple factions.

crB Reinforcements now at v0.6

Thanks for the this Wolffy. Is it possible to have the reinforcement keep coming untill a building is destroyed? Like in Domination or Evo? I am making a mission and I need to have reinforcement come to my obj untill I destroy a barrack and vehicle factory. So if the barracks is gone infantry reinforcement is gone vice versa.

Is it possible to have the reinforcement keep coming untill a building is destroyed? Like in Domination or Evo?

You'd have to modify the code to do that and it gets a little complicate, especially with timing i.e. if the reinforcements don't arrive at all in x time, do you send out another?

Oh that sounds really hard sadly for me I have no experience with scripting whatsoever.

Oh well guess this will have to do. Thanks a bunch Wolffy:)

Changes in v2.0

- Added: Implemented new multi-faction random group methods

- Changed: Moved multifaction code out of crB_reinforcements.sqf

- Removed: Dependencies on ACE

- Removed: unit caching