Sign in to follow this  
Aeneas2020

USMC Variety Pack - New Camo

USMC Variety Pack

Merry Christams Everyone!

I just decided to do some reskins of the standard USMC units in game to spice things up a little. Included in this addon are:

USMCVarietyPack1.jpg

Download:http://www.filefront.com/15204653/USMCVarietyPack2009.rar

USMC in Brown Uniforms and Desert Digital Helmets:

th_USMCVarietyPack2.jpg

USMC in old Woodland BDUs:

th_USMCVarietyPack4.jpg

USMC in 3 color DCUs:

th_USMCVarietyPack5.jpg

USMC in Woodland BDUs and DCU Helmets:

th_USMCVarietyPack3.jpg

A few quick notes. I didn't include any flags or unit patches because every time I release an addon I get a bunch or requests asking for said unit to be included. This way if I leave them plain I can just do them when requested.

Awesome!!!

These look fantastic mate, well done !

Merry Christmas to you & thank you for the gifts :)

You gotta love this community, especially @Christmas :D

Awesome again Aeneas! These will be put to good use (maybe by me, but hey I'm no Jarhead so no promises! :wink_o:). But yes, they've been asked for many times by the community. Thanks for the hard work and Merry Christmas!

Wow looks nice Aeneas. Very good work!

Thank you and happy hollidays! :drinking2:

So I popped these guys into the editor, and easily my favorite is the guys in the NOMEX flight suits. Simply because, well I love NOMEX.

Nice work, but I don't see the tactical advantage of mixed camo?

Should I expect some of this in ACEX for Friday? :D

Nice work, but I don't see the tactical advantage of mixed camo?

Should I expect some of this in ACEX for Friday? :D

Could've been inspired by Generation Kill.

generation-kill.jpg

Great Units Aeneas2020 :) Great christmas present. And Merry Christmas forum and to everyone else.

To answer a couple of questions:

a) Never seen generation kill...kinda hoping to get the box set for xmas. The mixed camo were based off some units I saw back in 2002 or 2003 I think. Happened to be in the middle east (Qatar) and was watching the news and saw USMC patrolling and they were wearing this combination. Thought it was odd but cool.

b) Re: Nomex suits. This is just a simple reskin job. It took me ages to draw over the marpat camo as I had to redo the entire base texture from scratch (I don't just whack camo over the existing texture and hope the normal maps covers me), which is a round about way of me getting to the point that the actual structure of the nomex suits in my addon is no where near accurate but jut to give an overall impression. Anywho I played around with the color for ages using a variety of refs. What i found with the pink hue was that parcitularly in high light conditions the game tends to give the guys a pinkish glow that makes them stand out. On top of this i have about 50 ref shots which range from a very red color to an almost tan color. I am assuming they lose some of their color as they age but not really sure. Either way if i release an update i'll pink them up a bit.

Edited by Aeneas2020

Thanks, gonna use this in my new mission :cool:

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

I get this message

supportace.jpg

when i use your "Squad Support" units along with ACE :)

looks like a problem with ace...they are just generic USMC units they have nothing custom on them other than the skins...very strange.

looks like a problem with ace...they are just generic USMC units they have nothing custom on them other than the skins...very strange.

Ok, but it works fine with your "Squad Support" units in your UKSF pack :)

Also i can't get this -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92226 <- mod to work with your new USMC Variety Pack but again with the UKSF pack it works fine :confused:

Anyways thanks for all your work it's appreciated :cool:

HMMM i'll look into it, the odd thing is that the only difference in config between the USMC and UKSF packs is the base model, there is no config diff at all....Have you tried using ace with the standard USMC Mg class because thats the model i'm using. I'll write to the ace guys and that custom sound guy and try and figure out what the issue is.