Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Dear community,

i'm glad to finally release the Group Link 4 Special FX Edition.

Group Link 4 is a A.I. and Special FX enhancement project with many new and already know'n features.

The A.I. Enhancement of Group Link 4 is available after creating the "Group Link 4: System" module and synchronizing a enemy A.I. group with the "Group Link 4: System" module once.

All Special FX features of Group Link 4 require AddOns which most of them are needed to be present on the player ( Client ) side only in multiplayer.

The Special FX of Group Link 4 are available after creating the "Group Link 4: Special FX" module.

Group Link 4 use a Dynamical Module System ( D.M.S. ) which means you can enable/disable/change/setup some core features of Group Link 4 by creating and/or synchronizing the given module(s) with specific groups/units.

Group Link 4 fully supports J.I.P ( Join In Progress )

The "Group Link 4: System" and "Group link 4: Random" modules will be synchronized with each J.I.P player after he had connected to the server.

Group Link 4 is coded to safe as much resources as possible in single and multiplayer.

The technically orientation is based on Operation Flashpoint Mod E.C.P. ( Enhanced Configuration Project ) which had lead a totally new way of scripting.

All features of Group Link 4 can be enabled/disabled by changing the given values in the "GL4_Global.sqf" and "GL4_Local.sqf" scripts.

Group Link 4 Enemy A.I. Enhancement:

--------------------------------------------

- Enemy A.I. Combat Features:

Enemy A.I. Request Reinforcement

Enemy A.I. Request Artillery Strikes

Enemy A.I. Request Air Support

Enemy A.I. React to / Detect Gun Fire

Enemy A.I. React to / Detect Suppressed Fire

Enemy A.I. React to / Detect explosion of vehicles

Enemy A.I. House Search

- Enemy A.I. I.Q. Features:

Enemy A.I. Unmount vehicles at the conflict point

Enemy A.I. Drop Smoke at day time

Enemy A.I. Fire Flares at night

Enemy A.I. Detect Dead Bodys

Enemy A.I. Garrison empty Buildings

Enemy A.I. mount empty Static Weapons

Enemy A.I. Rearme

Enemy A.I. Surrender ( Beta )

- Enemy A.I. Addictional Features:

Enemy A.I. Body Remove

Group Link 4 Player and Friendly A.I. Enhancement:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Recruit A.I.

Simulate Dead

Take Captive

Group Link 4 Random Features:

------------------------------------

Random Time

Random Weather

Random Snow

Random Position

Group Link 4 Special FX Enhancement:

- Artillery FX:

Artillery Incoming Sound

Artillery Impact Mud

Artillery Impact Stones

Artillery Impact Shock

- Backblast FX:

Backblast Flash

Backblast Sparks

Backblast Damage

- Blood FX:

Splatter

Bleeding

- Burning FX:

Vehicle Fire and Vehicle Fire Player Damage

House Fire and House Fire Player Damage

Camp Fire and Camp Fire Player Damage

- Crew FX:

Crew Burning

- Dubbing:

Friendly

Enemy

Reloading

Grenade

Incoming

- Explosion FX:

Shock Flash

Fire Flash

Shock Wave

Sparks

Smoking Debris / Burning Debris

Stones

Leaves

Mud

Dust Wave

- Impact FX:

Impact Sparks

Impact Debris

- Rocket FX:

Rocket Impact Stones

- Shell FX:

Impact Mud

Impact Stones

Impact Shock

- Sound FX:

Bullet Whiz By

Shell Whiz By

Body Flies

Group Link 4 Work In Progress Videos:

- Explosion FX:

LXilwGfRH4g

- Artillery FX:

T7vviYdCbdI

- House FX:

GGrqYOuzoxs

- Camp Fire FX:

_anJzcs35Zo

Note: A detailed description about the A.I. Enhancement and the Special FX features can be found in the "ReadMe" folder of Group Link 4.

Some features which are already included in this version but still in W.I.P. stage are not documented so far.

So you may will be suprised in some situations and/or at some locations.

Also you may need to play around with some values of Group Link 4 to fit some features like the Captive/Surrender to your needs.

Info: The current state of Group Link 4 is something between W.I.P. / Beta and Stable.

Most features was already successfully tested in single and multiplayer but of course there may will be some problems ( locallity ) in some parts of Group Link 4.

You can help me sloving thouse bug's by posting errors and/or any other kinds of problems in this thread.

I will do my best to slove every problem as fast as possible.

Known Bugs: Sometimes the blood splatter only is visible after pressing and hold the right mouse button. ( Weapon Zoom )

The classes "GL4_Blood_FX" and "GL4_Shell_FX" are listed in the mission.sqm while using thouse .pbos.

In memory and honor to Operation Flashpoint Modification E.C.P. ( Enhanced Configuration Project )

Prepare yourself for a totally new and enhanced way of playing and feeling Armed Assault 2.

Mirrors:

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.87 ( Full ) ( Armaholic.com )

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.87 ( Full ) ( ArmA2Base.de )

Edited by SNKMAN

Yes Group Link 4 should be compatible with each other AddOn/Mod. ;)

Yes Group Link 4 should be compatible with each other AddOn/Mod. ;)

Great :D thanks for the hard work

:yay:Amazing!!!thx for this gift:yay::slayer7:

-hope for option to initialize the Enemy A.I. Enahncement automatic

-FX seperate addon

Edited by TeilX

In memory and honor to Operation Flashpoint Modification E.C.P. ( Enhanced Configuration Project )

From my point of view the BEST mod of OFP. My respect to the old ecp team.

wffNRzJhkbs

And talking about your mod.... downloading!! :yay:

Edited by txalin

WHAT!!!! Beautiful, thanks SNKMAN! I can't wait to make missions with this! Thanks again bud and congrats on the release!

NICE!

At first I took out all my other mods and tried just this in a standard vanilla mission and was like big woop...

...then I noticed the readme(DOH!) went into the editor...and thats were the magic happened.

Outstanding :yay:

Downloading now with a lot of excitement. Can't wait to try this out! Wooooooo

@froggyluv

Yeah Group Link 4 is not a real plug and play modification in the traditional way.

You have to create the given module(s) in the editor to get the full beauty and power out of Group Link 4.

This way allowed me to create Group Link 4 without the require of addictional AddOns like C.B.A. for example.

If you guy's have any suggestions about this point or the module system of Group Link 4 please let me hear them. :)

@SNKMAN, does this mean that GL4 isn't an AI mod like GL3 for ArmA1 which modifies AI across the board by default?? This means that GL4 can only be used in user made missions specifically made for GL4???? If so, an old time GL3 fan is very disappointed (ME!) :(

Well yes GL4 do not initialize enemy A.I. groups by default.

You have to create the "Group Link 4: System" module and synchronize a enemy A.I. group with the "Group Link 4: System" module once.

After this all groups which have the same side like the synchronized enemy A.I. group will be initialized by the Group Link 4 A.I. Enhancement.

Of course there are some other modules like the "Group Link 4: Static" and "Group Link 4: Custom" which provide a fast and easy way to customize the groups which should use the Enemy A.I. Enhancement and the different group types.

This also means you don't need a mission which was made for Group Link 4 only.

In a existing mission simply create the "Group Link 4: System" module and synchronize a enemy A.I. group with the "Group Link 4: System" module once.

That's it. You will not recognize that it's still the same mission. ;)

Prepare yourself for a totally new and enhanced way of playing and feeling Armed Assault 2.

Great work SNKMAN and thanks for sharing! I suspected you had something cooking in the basement ;)

Downloading as I type and looking forward to test it out...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Played one of the samples that came with it. WHOA! Talk about intense fun. It was the one where you start by the shore line on utes by the boat. Most of the time they kept me and the AI with me pinned down there. Certainly view this as a must have. :D

Was wondering though if there was a way to make a module or something where we can have a bit of vehicle chatter like XAM and ECS did back in AA1? That's one thing I miss from AA1. :(

Great collection of modules, Man :yay:!! I did notice that each group that I have synced with the System Module is displayed in real-time on the in-game map. Is there a way to disable this? I went back over the readme and didn't see this mentioned. Again, great work!!!

@KeyCat

Yes of course. ;)

How could i enjoy my favorite game without my favorite tools. ;)

I hope you enjoy it like i do.

@Betsalel

Well Group Link 4 do already use Radio (Vehicle ) Chatter.

Go inside a Tank or Helicopter and turn on the engine. Then you will hear random Radio ( Vehicle ) Chatters from time to time.

Note: The "Group Link 4: Special FX" module is required, becouse the Radio ( Vehicle ) Chatter are part of the Special FX of Group Link 4.

@voyd

Thanks.

Yes thats the "Marker Debug" and i always use it to clearly see what's going on during testing and developing the Group Link 4 Enemy A.I. Enhancement.

Of course this should always be disabled during real gaming.

You can simply disable the "Marker Debug" in the "GL4_Global.sqf".

Open:

@GL4\GL4_Settings\GL4_Global.sqf

Find:

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Marker Debug:
   // Choose if the "Marker Debug" should be used.
   // Note: This debug creates a marker at the map for each enemy A.I. group and gives several informations about the group behaviour and moving direction.
   // True / False, default is True
     // GL4_Global set [48, False];

Change: ( Remove the "//" in front of the variable )

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Marker Debug:
   // Choose if the "Marker Debug" should be used.
   // Note: This debug creates a marker at the map for each enemy A.I. group and gives several informations about the group behaviour and moving direction.
   // True / False, default is True
      GL4_Global set [48, False];

Thats it.

Is anyone else having a CTD with an error about "Invalid crew Civilian" during the initial loading of the game when using GL4 with A2 v1.05 and the newest ACE2/ACEX update? I'm also using a ton of other stuff but when I remove only GL4 the CTD goes away. I've seen this error mentioned in another thread/section but not here.

Anyone or is this just me and my setup?

@SNKMAN - Thanks for the prompt response...this is going to be quite the pleasure experimenting with all of the possibilities of randomness and immersion that you have bestowed upon us :D...

@Manzilla - I had that same error (no ACE) only once when exiting the mission editor...restarted the game and have yet to see it again.

Well since i started working on GL4 i never had any CTD.

But i do not use any other AddOns/Mods.

So there is a conflict with any other AddOn/Mod in combination with GL4.

Hey guys had the same problem ACE + GL4 Invalid Crew error... just start ur game with -world=empty and everything will work fine ;)

Hey guys had the same problem ACE + GL4 Invalid Crew error... just start ur game with -world=empty and everything will work fine ;)

Ahh, you are right!

I'd say I'm about in Mod heaven righta bout now