Sign in to follow this  
Chill xl

SIX Aiaktalik map Beta1 released

SIX Aiaktalik map

mountainsPreview.jpg

Here's the first Beta release of my map "Aiaktalik" project for ArmA II. The 10x10km map features a remote and barren desert terrain with plains, hills and mountains, it is inspirated and loosly based on some environments seen in Afghanistan or Arizona USA. I've created the map mainly as a sandbox/playground to be used at our Coop community, the 6th Sense. The map is mainly created for infantry battles, i've focussed on overview and cover. You will find lots and lots of cover of the massive ammounts of rocks, furthermore the terrain is lightly covered with pine-trees. At the moment there are no human created objects or features to be found on the map. Maybe in a future update i will add some trails and tracks to have the AI move around a little bit better.

The island is exclusively released, updated and maintained on the excellent Six Updater Platform by Sickboy.

Not only does it save you, and the mirrors, a lot of bandwidth, every update,

also after configuring it once, fetching updates and information about the latest releases is extremely easy and very fast.

Check out the work in progress Six Updater Portal Site for the latest update, version, size and changelog information!

Awesome!! I just arrived at work, so this little beauty is going to be taunting me for the next 8 hours... :D

From that sceen a nice looking island,but please can someone post for that island an normal downloadmirror because i really dont have a plan how to get this island working with the six-updater? O.o

... can someone post for that island an normal downloadmirror because i really dont have a plan how to get this island working with the six-updater? O.o

I don't think that'll be an option:

The island is exclusively released, updated and maintained on the excellent Six Updater Platform by Sickboy.

I have Six Updater (from the ACE release), but how do I download this map with it? I checked most settings but I don't know how SIX can manage the mod if it isn't installed yet.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Map looks gorgeous :)

EDIT:

nevermind, I just added "@six_aiaktalik" to my preset and started the install/updater. It's downloading now :)

Edited by zoog

Finaly i see this map! Good work Chilly :) About the download indeed as Sicky says. You are free to distrubute all updates, its just the publisher (chill) wont do that. Same will be for more future islands and updates.

Edited by spirit6

Six, i cannot open the web configurator, log file launch exceptions on serveral lines, i'm using winxp 64bits. Is your (amazing) software tested on this OS?

Hi

I´ve set up the Six-Updater, but I think I made a mistake somewhere. ACE etc. is downloading fine (Did the lazy method because 5 hours of fiddling didn´t make it work for me).

I tried to set this up manually now because I thought I´ve seen trough it, started the webclient, edited the preset with the new addon, saved it and updated.

The updater runs fine until it gets to the new island: then it just crashes without prompt or complaint, leaving an empty folder inside my arma2 folder. (Literally no content).

When trying to update again it says the folder is incompatible. What am I doing wrong? Running on XP here, too.

Thanks in advance for the help

The idea is that the installation is harder the first time, but every update and every mod that is or becomes available on the updater system, becomes suddenly much easier.

@InstaGoat;

Please try deleting the island folder and just retry tnx :)

Hmm, I did that twice now. Everytime it´s the same. The island folder remains empty, and the update process seems to abort. I´m afraid of resetting the config because I might not be able to get it to work again at all, I´m not very tech savvy in these matters.

Possibly it -is- a problem on my end. How can I get SIX to log the whole event? The logfiles currently inside its folder don´t seem to be related to my attempts to download Aiaktalik at all.

Cheers

i am liking this map, especially the terrain, Unbelievably steep hills with heavy MG's, its gonna be like everest, will have to make base camps every quarter of the way up :-D

I have noticed one problem, but people in my clan say its my pc.

The game has crashed 3 times on me whilst walking/flying around this island.

Specs are q9650 @3.6, 4gb 800Mhz ram, GTX260(zotac,-shhhh-) plenty of Hdd space and Win 7 64bit OS.

Going to try and run the map with only ACE, ACEX, CBA, and the clan mod folder, See if this works, will report back.

EDIT: Game crashed whilst receiving now, i had placed down 15 AI groups and me, Loading Chenarus to make sure its not my game

EDIT2: Ok Chenarus was fine, played around with AI enemy for 5-10 mins, but upon loading this map, it crashed the game on receiving again

Edited by CannonousCrash

Seems to be a very nice addon.

To bad that the Six Updater still doesn't work on my computer:(

All the solutions given, didn't do the job on my side.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6600

You should be able to use the same "Lazy" method as with ACE.

If the workarounds provided didn't work for you, it would be extremely helpful if you report it, with your latest logs and findings :)

Most issues have been resolved or worked around in under a day of report, and usually faster :)