Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

RMM_AI_Range

Description:

This is simply a port of my ArmA1 addon. AI_Range simply increases the AI effectiveness to its maximum capability, with its only decreases in the AI's super accuracy in game, to give a more instinctive and enjoyable firefight.

Contents:

rmm_ai_range.pbo

SourceFiles\RMM_AI_Range\config.cpp

Dependencies:

None

Installation:

Simple installation; drag and drop into the mod folder of your choice; or simply ArmA\Addons.

Possible issues:

AI Range may be over ridden by other mods, such as ACE2 (on release) and Zeus modular AI.

Bug Report:

If you find anything, just post here or send me an email rommel@australianarmedforces.org

... or forever hold your peace.

I included the source files for you all to play with if you want.

Author: Rommel

Date: 01/12/2009 (thats 12/01/2009 for the yanks)

Revision: 1

------------- DOWNLOAD -------------

Size: 0.5KB

Type: 7zip | .7z

Unpacker: www.7-zip.org

Mirrors:

http://www.4shared.com/file/163149635/28074658/RMM_AI_Range.html

EDIT: Yes if I had foresight I would have put both add-ons (noMapTex and AI Range) in the same thread, maybe an admin could help there?

Edited by Rommel

a question : the ai is with this mod not a shootgod more ? thats good i hate this when i was shoot from a mile with a ak47 :rolleyes:

Thank you! The Ai now engage of their own accord at 300+ metres (which is really good). Also, if they are say, 400m and cannot spot you then they will react to incoming gunfire richocheting around them and then spot and engage.

Thanks, DA :)

Edited by Das Attorney
typo

How does it work with snipers? I hated it when they couldn't hit anything and wasted all ammo...

Not sure if it was your mod or something similar though.

Thanks, if this will work the only LAG left will be that of the connection stability problem (might go away by itself if everyone is up-to-date i hope)

Is there no need to update the server in anyway to get this mod to work?

Does this work with the Beta patch?

And could you maybe recomend any AI inteligence improvement mods that work nicely with your mod ?

There should be no problems as far as compatibility really, it just may be over-ridden by the specified mod, it will not be a critical error.

It should work with all versions of ArmA2 above v1.04.

The mod is server side, therefore you don't need to rely on clients having it.