Caxton Gibbet

Copy My Stance -UPDATED

Copy My Stance V 3.01

21/1/2010

By Caxton Gibbet

HISTORY

V.3.01

Fixed: Removed Debug text "RUN" which was left in by mistake.(Sorry:o)

V.3.0

Added: Support for Prone with launcher animation from SLX and ACE2.(Addons NOT Required).

Fixed: Player static crouch not being seen on addon start up.

V.2.03

Created a Work around for the addons faliure to initiate on some addon units.

-As long as ANY unit type on which the addon initiates is present

in the mission,(eg. ANY vanila units including mounted crew and pilots),then

the addon will initiate on the player.

V.2.02

binarized addon.

V.2.01

Added checks for player using binoculars and laser designator.

Added checks for unarmed player.

V.2.00

refined the system and then Re-wrote all scripts in .sqf format.

Fixed Issues around teamswitch and joining or leaving Groups.

V.1.00

Initial release.

Download Links:

Caution:the armory mode of the game will not function correctly with this addon loaded.

MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zjyd2g1dnzd/GIB_Copy_Stance.V.3.01.7z

Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8484

Armed Assault Info: http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1222

Description.

This addon will make a players AI team copy the players stance.

It can be switched on and off via the action menu.

It would seem that the "Keep Low" command is not entirely a "copy my stance" order as

indicated by the vocal command sometimes associated with a "Keep Low" order in game.

In fact when a 'keep low' order is issued to a unit parseing the 'Unitpos unit' command on that

unit returns the value "AUTO".

AI units will copy a prone or standing stance.I wanted them to also copy a crouch stance.

This addon may be rendered obsolete by future game patches.

The scripts Detect Changes in the player's stance and issue updated stance rules to the

players group.Any unit in the players group that is under stance rule "AUTO",

'Keep Low' in menu 7,will act on these rule changes.Any unit that has been given any

other stance rule via menu 7 will retain those rules over those issued by the scripts.

To have A unit with,for example,a 'stay crouched' order begin to copy the player's stance

simply give it a 'Keep Low' order and ensure 'copy my stance' is switched on in the action

menu,the system switched ON is indicated by the 'Copy stance off' option appearing in the

action menu.The system OFF is indicated by the 'Copy My Stance' option appearing in the Action

menu.If either of those options are not available its because you're not the group leader.

ANYTIME the system is deactivated the rule "AUTO" is given to the team as it is the default order of

all units that haven't recived other rules via menu 7 or as a 'SetUnitPos' command by the mission maker.

ANYTIME the system is deactivated automaticaly,for example,if you change from being team leader to not.

When it is re-activated by,for example,you becoming team leader again it will always be in the mode it

was deactivated in.ie On or Off.

If you enter a vehicle the system is shut down and the stance rule "AUTO" is parsed to your team.

This is because the action menu options to control the system are not available whilst you are in

a vehicle.Once you exit the vehicle the system will re-start in the last mode it was in.ie if switched

off when you mount a vehicle it will be switched off when you dismount.Once you dismount the vehicle

the action menu options will be available again,Provided of course that you are still team leader.

*NOTE Any rules applied in the editor via 'setunitpos' on the Players team will be over ridden by

the Addon at startup as the default setting for the addon is Switched on IF YOU BEGIN AS TEAM LEADER.

REQUIREMENTS.

You will need the latest version of CBA ('extended_init_eventhandlers')

find it here: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/cca

or here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

LIMITATIONS\ISSUES

Caution:the armory mode of the game will not function correctly with this addon loaded.

When Units are added to the players team,(Recruit\spawn),Simply change stance or switch system off then on to

have the new units copy your stance.

When the player equips a rocket launcher the ai team will sometimes adopt a crouch or prone stance.This is a game function.

While testing with different troop addons I found that it would only initiate on SOME units from

bb_mercs by SchnapsdroSel-(V.4.0).Also it will not initiate on Binkowski's genreic US special forces-(V.1.0).

I came up with a workaround for this,At the moment as long as there is another unit in the mission on which

the addon does initiate,(eg. ANY vanilla units, including mounted Crew and pilots),then the addon will initiate on

the players Unit.Beaware that if the only working units are to be spawned by,for example,the civillian module then

the addon will not initiate until the first civillian\unit is spawned.

If the above fix is not of use then simply parse:

nul = [] execVM "GIB_Copy_Stance\GIB_Copy_Stance_START.sqf";

somwhere in your mission.

I would suspect that this is not MP compatible,but I haven't tested it.

There is no Bisign file simply because I haven't a clue how to create one and this is unlikely to

work in multiplayer anyway.

Edited by Caxton Gibbet
Update Links.

Awesome dude! Exactlly what i want to be standard in A2. :)

Time to test. Thanks for your work.

Alex

Thank you thank you thank you.

Another feature I've been waiting to see tackled (AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN STANDARD BIS).

Just last night while playing and seeing the AI NOT copy my stance i wished they would. Thanks for this.

Hopefully BIS can fix this.

Yes, a big thanks to you man!

Not sure why the command doesn't work vanilla but boy I've been missing it.

Edit- small bug I think. If an AI unit is unarmed, and under this command, he will not move unless you stand up.

Edited by froggyluv

I really like it - it just does what it is supposed to do and it improves gameplay. Thumbs up :)

VictorFarbau

Thanks for the feedback everyone,glad that you find it useful.

Yes, a big thanks to you man!

Not sure why the command doesn't work vanilla but boy I've been missing it.

Edit- small bug I think. If an AI unit is unarmed, and under this command, he will not move unless you stand up.

I've looked into this froggyluv and it would appear that you have found a game bug.Unarmed AI won't move when given a 'stay crouched' order even when this addon isn't loaded.

Your post did however alert me to the fact that an Unarmed player's team would not copy the players stance as i didn't include unarmed animations in the lists of animations to watch for.

I'm going to add unarmed animations and binocular/laser designator animations

just to round the thing off.Thanks for the 'lightbulb' moment froggy:idea:

Will put a final version up in a short while for those that want it.

EDIT:link to updated version in first post.

Edited by Caxton Gibbet
update

Good mod, but problem is, that now the AI is like slave and copy your stance in every situation even if you are far from them in totally different situation. I think that it would be better, if AI behaviour is same as before PLUS they would be able to register your crouch position somehow to start care of their cover. So basicly same as in vanilla but with additional crouch position detection.

Otherwise, this mod is useless yet. (no offense, really. I appreciate this mod and effort!)

my opinion, hi everyone

Really love your mod, no more giving "get up" and "down" orders, fantastic.

Did you see the new entries in the beta log?

[60718] Changed: AI now goes to Combat behaviour automatically only when under fire, not when player is prone.

[60718] Changed: AI follows leader stance, but does not switch to combat behaviour when player is prone.

I havent tested but maybe this voids your mod :(

I havent tested but maybe this voids your mod :(

No, while improvements have been made, Caxton Gibbet's mod still give better results and control over the squad. :)

@Bouben : 'copy my stance off' would help you. also if you set their stance, the command will override the mod even if 'copy my stance' is on.

Great mod thanks, use it all the time, BI should of sorted this before, am happy it works now, thanks.

No, while improvements have been made, Caxton Gibbet's mod still give better results and control over the squad.

No in what sense, it doesn't work like this mod does (minus menu control)? Or your saying its the same but with this mod you have a the menu choice = better control?

[60718] Changed: AI follows leader stance, but does not switch to combat behaviour when player is prone.

I would assume this would be the fix needed that this mod filled in?

Hi guys,thanks for taking an interest in this little mod,to be honest I expected it to have dropped to the back pages of the forumn by now:D

I'm pleasently suprised.

@Nazul and mrcash2009

I've just tested the beta patch and It seems to me,as suggested by Reaper,that the mod does still give more control over AI stance than the new game code.If I could ditch this addon because the game code achived a better or similar level of control then I'd be happy to do so,but for now I'll continue to use it. If you,or anyone else,test the beta i'd be interested in your evaluation.

@Bouben

I understand what your saying and no offense is taken,all feedback

is greatly appreciated.As pointed out by Reaper the option to switch the system off is available and any stance order issued via menu 7 will take priority.The option to switch the system off is there for situations where the slavish copying of the players stance is undesirable.

I could limit the system to specific behaviour types as has been suggested but I feel that this would create a limitation on the overal system and that the option to switch the system off provides greater flexability to the player.

Once again,thanks everyone for your support and interest.

Yeah new beta patch AI is really broken so it isnit working anyways (BIS fix)

Broke? It is. Hell they seem to work better then ever. This fix does a better job still though.

Caxton,

Just for info: I can't get this to automatically work with Binkowski's Generic Army SF guys also. Not sure if that will help you figure out the reason but I figured I'd mention it.

Thanks for the heads up Manzilla,I can't figure out why it won't work automaticaly on some troop addons.

I suspect its somthing to do with my config.Unfortunatly I realy am not very familiar with the finer points of configs.Comparing theirs with that of addons it does initate on hasn't made anything any clearer.

My config is very simple.I simply looked for a common thread within other addon configs and through trial and error came up with what is used now.Frankly, once I finaly got it to work I said a small prayer of thanks and left it alone.:D

If anyone who knows configs could take a look at mine and tell me what I'm doing wrong I'd be very greatful.

Kju is your man for that :)

Thanks mrcash.

I am trying to contact Binkowski and Schnapsdrosel first to see if they have any insight into what the problem may be.

I have also binarized the addon and linked it in the first post,not a required download as there is no change to the addon other than that at this stage.

V.2.03

Created a Work around for the addons faliure to initiate on some addon units.

-As long as ANY unit type on which the addon initiates is present

in the mission,(eg. ANY vanila units including mounted crew and pilots),then

the addon will initiate on the player.

the first post has been updated with the new download link.