Sign in to follow this  
Ozz13

shaftoe dead, will this be an issue?

Just got the game, outstanding and incredible.

Doing the campaign and for some reason the officer shaftoe is dead at his laptop at FOB manhattan. Is this going to be an isse going forth in the campaign?

That doesn't bode well, it depends on where you are in that mission. If you are still in the starting phase it can be big a issue.

I havent got this kind of an problem? I think it will be an issue because he gives the objectives.

But if you got the objectives already that shoud not be a problem. Hmm... Yes in the end you have to contact him, so i am not sure.

This shoud be posted in the Official missions anyway.

I've actually only got the main base and leader to kill, so mostly done with the mission...

Sorry this is possibly posted in the wrong place.

No idea. Reloaded a saved mission where I was in front of him and when I logged in he dropped to the ground...like a sniper shot him in the head.

I thought I had reverted to a previous save where he was still alive but I went up to him a couple days and several saves later and he's on the dirt.

I'm hoping that after the mission advances and he's needed he'll be revived...

i'm sorry but you will almost certainly have to start from scratch. This mission is particularly frustrating and I suggest you read some of the spoiler threads on it.

By doing that this early on you'll get the hints that help you beat mission structure but might still have the patience to enjoy it properly.

I've noticed this a lot. The AI tend to die by glitching with static objects. It's especially common when using the ambient civilians module - You can often find dead civilians near buildings. Shaftoe must have died by glitching with the table or something. :o:

This is in fact a common bug. I never play any mods, but I got this problem nevertheless. It happens especially when reloading a savegame where you are inside the manhattan base perimeter. It's not supposed to happen, and it ruins the rest of the game. Reload an earlier save game, and try again.

This is in fact a common bug. I never play any mods, but I got this problem nevertheless

And i played the campaign with tons of mods/addons and never seen that problem. At least it hasnt happened to anyone around me that has been important.

Skipping addons in ARMA is like eating a meal without sauce. You just dont do that. Gets too dry. :)

And i played the campaign with tons of mods/addons and never seen that problem. At least it hasnt happened to anyone around me that has been important.

Skipping addons in ARMA is like eating a meal without sauce. You just dont do that. Gets too dry. :)

:)

Well, maybe I'll have to download a few then. At the rate the game is crashing in DoW at the moment, it can't possibly get any worse anyway!

it can't possibly get any worse anyway!

You really don't want to say that, especially in DoW. ;)

You really don't want to say that, especially in DoW. ;)

:D

You're right. Next time I'll touch wood. (not meant in any dirty direction, but as the traditional expression goes... you know.)