Sign in to follow this  
pchaxor

Beta 1.04.60000 - BEST EVER!

4+ Hours Straight in Domination on the 15th MEU Server.

Best game I have ever played. No crashes and nothing but smoothness all the way.

Frame rates steady at 30-40fps in helo flight. I set most options on Normal, some on low and no post processing or AA. (video card limits)

This one seems extremely stable on my rig.

Thanks a ton for this new beta!!!!

I have never got a game to run this good until tonight.

WOW! KICK A$$ BIS! :bounce3: :yay:

Edited by pchaxor

Lucky you. :)

I have to roll back to 59928 (after my testings are done). Got some horrible stutters (not bad FPS!), but weird stutter even though FPS is really good.

EDIT:

No rollback here. Problem is windowed mode wich makes the beta stutter. Switched to fullscreen and the stutter is gone.

Edited by Alex72

4+ Hours Straight in Domination on the 15th MEU Server.

Best game I have ever played. No crashes and nothing but smoothness all the way.

Frame rates steady at 30-40fps in helo flight. I set most options on Normal, some on low and no post processing or AA. (video card limits)

This one seems extremely stable on my rig.

Thanks a ton for this new beta!!!!

I have never got a game to run this good until tonight.

WOW! KICK A$$ BIS! :bounce3: :yay:

Agree! :party:

kinda strange, cause BI changed only 1 thing to the last patch,and thats switch to desk:icon_question:

kinda strange, cause BI changed only 1 thing to the last patch,and thats switch to desk:icon_question:

if you look at the changelog closely, you will se that the only noted change ist build 59988, so there is enough space for performance tweaks to build 60000;).

Runs good for me since the new streaming change (window mode at Windows7 gives me 5 fps more, too). Why didnt they release now? I guess at least here in germany it would have been become much more successfull. Most ratings were about 50% or 5/10

Edited by Blechreiz

I'm running very good with this patch as usual

Also it may be wise to download gamebooster and defrag ur Bohemia\ARMA 2 folder with it after installing a new beta. I do this and the game runs perfect everytime i install a beta or new patch.

When i didn't i did get slight stutter one time but a defrag with gamebooster soon fixed it

Hi all

Since Beta 1.04.60000 Chernogorsk is now playable. Before they should have renamed it stutter city.

Now it is as smooth as silk.

BIG GRIN

Kind Regards walker

I am curious about what they changed in this build. Perhaps some Windows 7 optimizations? We all on Win7?

It seems as if Vram is more fluid or something was fixed with the video ram or perhaps I am imagining it?

I usually get a nasty Nvidia driver ctd or graphical vomit, complaining that a dll took a dump, but it all seems good now.

I wish there was a better way to monitor vram. (since my card only has 512mb)

Changelog entries for 59989 - 60000 are missing, so perhaps it is top secret? lol

Edit:

I have read that the new beta does actually detect vram properly now.

Is it wise to delete or rename the arma.cfg file or does the beta overwrite it?

I guess I can look when I get home if nobody knows.

Edited by pchaxor

Hi all

Liking this beta a lot. BIG FPS improvment over all and no problems in citys anymore.

Kind Regards walker

I am curious about what they changed in this build. Perhaps some Windows 7 optimizations? We all on Win7?.

No, I'm getting noticeable performance boost on XP32 too.

Hell yes. Been playing for 6 hours now. No problems whatsoever. Very smooth, I get no stutters (haven't been in cities yet though). And best of all, I can play with normal textures, low post processing, and even have grass on. Awesome. Not the best of frames in this configuration, but that one I'll only blame on my rather low spec system.

Dang a new one already? It just gets better and better.

I will be testing the new one tonight. (but gripping .60000 tight)

Edit: I did end up grabbing 60091 and testing it before work briefly.

I was able to turn up the visual settings a bit w/o taking a performance hit.

So far .. very impressive. I will fire it up and run it for a few hours or so tonight.

Edited by pchaxor

Indeed, event if there is no more fps (for me), the town scene is rendered fluently. Big thanks BI.

MainBoard: ASUS P5KC

Memory: 4GB @ 800

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6400 [2.7GHz]

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTs 320MB

Played on 60091 for 2+ hours last night. Amazingly stable and not a single issue.

I wonder of anything legit has been reported in the bug tracker? I can't imagine if we are all stable and nothing new is being posted why this would not become final.

I also got a nice perfromance increase as well and can now turn AA on low. :yay:

Played on 60091 for 2+ hours last night. Amazingly stable and not a single issue.

I wonder of anything legit has been reported in the bug tracker? I can't imagine if we are all stable and nothing new is being posted why this would not become final.

I also got a nice perfromance increase as well and can now turn AA on low. :yay:

The only reason that would stop BIS from making a final 1.05 is that they want to add more fixes, which is completely fine with me! :D

The only reason that would stop BIS from making a final 1.05 is that they want to add more fixes, which is completely fine with me! :D

+1

and as long we have the beta's to play with all is fine :cool:

What would be a few things you would like fixed? I cant get the game to bugger out on me the past few days. You talking AI related stuff?

What would be a few things you would like fixed? I cant get the game to bugger out on me the past few days. You talking AI related stuff?

Yes there's many AI issues that would be nice if got dealt with.

One thing that really annoys me:

I'm sitting crouched in cover then i hear armor approaching and select my SMAW, while putting M4 on back and almost got the SMAW in hands i stand up. Now he puts SMAW on back and M4 in hands, stands up and put M4 on back and SMAW in hands........ before this dance is over your dead :p

But besides minor bugs and stuff the game is running smoother than ever. It has always runned fine for me but on the later betas i can really feel a difference :cool:

Edited by JW Custom

Well, since the gameplay runs fine and the AI doesn´t mess up at every 2nd corner, they could bring some gun animation patches. For example I do not see bolt animations on the G36. Even Counter-Strike 1.6 got better ones...

Well, since the gameplay runs fine and the AI doesn´t mess up at every 2nd corner, they could bring some gun animation patches. For example I do not see bolt animations on the G36. Even Counter-Strike 1.6 got better ones...
I want the G36 aimpoint back first before BIs considers such things.

g36kollimator.th.jpg

Edited by Beagle

Yes there's many AI issues that would be nice if got dealt with.

One thing that really annoys me:

I'm sitting crouched in cover then i hear armor approaching and select my SMAW, while putting M4 on back and almost got the SMAW in hands i stand up. Now he puts SMAW on back and M4 in hands, stands up and put M4 on back and SMAW in hands........ before this dance is over your dead :p

But besides minor bugs and stuff the game is running smoother than ever. It has always runned fine for me but on the later betas i can really feel a difference :cool:

Yes! That has happened to me also!

Weapon Switching bugs ... go to pull DMR and it pulls the pistol.

Ok that is a bug I would like to see fixed too.