Sign in to follow this  
cole

Cole's M-Family Replacement Config

mfamilyreplacements.jpg

Cole's M-Family Replacement Config

Version: 1.2a

PLEASE NOTE THAT 1.2a DOWNLOAD CONTAINS NEW SIGNATURE FILES!

1.2a Download (Armaholic.com)

1.2a Download (Armed Assault Info)

1.2a Download (MediaFire.com)

========

Changelog:

========

- 1.2a - Removed CfgAddons as kju suggested. Configs will not break savegames anymore

- 1.2 - Added Camo weapons from RH's weapon pack 1.01.

- 1.2 - Changed M4A1 to M4A1 RIS.

- 1.1 - Added optional M4A1 SBR configs.

- 1.1 - Added optional Cole_M4Camo_Replace_M config (see PBO Descriptions below).

- 1.1 - Config repaired by zGuba. (Thanks mate!).

- 1.1 - Removed an obsolete weapon entry from ArmA1.

- 1.0 - Initial Release.

========

Description:

========

This is the latest build of M-Family Weapons Replacement config for ArmA II.

These files are only configs, you will need "RH M4/M16 Pack ver 1.01 Rearmed" weapon pack by RobertHammer

in order to use this replacement (see "Required files" for links).

=============

Weapons replaced:

=============

- M4 family

- M16 family

- Mk12 SPR

- M249 SAW

============

PBO Descriptions:

============

Cole_MFamily_Replace_M.pbo ------- Replacing M-family models.

Cole_M4Camo_Replace_M.pbo ------- Replacing camo M4's with woodland camo counterparts.

Cole_M4SBRAim_Replace_M.pbo ----- Replacing M4A1 CCO Camo with M4A1 SBR Aimpoint

Cole_M4SBREOT_Replace_M.pbo ---- Replacing M4A1 CCO Camo with M4A1 SBR EOTech

Cole_M4Camo4SBR_Replace_M.pbo -- Same as M4Camo_Replace, just with removed M4A1 CCO Camo entry to be compatible with SBR replacements.

==========

Known Issues:

==========

Hopefully none this time.

==========

Required files:

==========

- RH M4/M16 Pack ver 1.01 Rearmed ---- http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89158

(It is recommended that you use the latest versions/betas of these weaponpacks)

======

Credits:

======

zGuba (repairing the config that I broke)

Cole (maintenance and releases of new replacement packs in Armed Assault and ArmA II)

Ryan_D (original creator of weapon replacement packs in Armed Assault)

========

Disclaimer:

========

I take no responsibility for (im)possible damage to your game/system that may be caused

by installation of this AddOn. This AddOn is also prohibited to be used in any commercial product.

Edited by Cole

So it substitutes the normal M4s family weapons with the new ones made by RH ?

So it substitutes the normal M4s family weapons with the new ones made by RH ?

Exactly. I replaced as many as I could. You can ofcourse use any kind of ballistic/better optics/sound addon with this.

Excellent work sir :)

I guess this will be your replacement file home for other things too?

Excellent work sir :)

I guess this will be your replacement file home for other things too?

Thank You and yes, once I finish up the soundmod replacement and possibly the SBR one (If I get suggestions what to replace with SBR's, as I'm absolutely clueless on that) and there's going to be more weapon packs with high-detail vanilla ArmA2 equivalents (such as RH's AK pack), I'll keep posting them here* :)

* I'll change the thread name for that ofcourse, so people don't get confused.

Thank you for this but can you change it so the m4's with camo get replaced with the ones that RH made?

Thank you for this but can you change it so the m4's with camo get replaced with the ones that RH made?

I've left that out for 1.0 because RH didn't add woodland camo weapons (although he planned those), but I'll replace them with the classic black weapons in an optional config for the next release.

I've left that out for 1.0 because RH didn't add woodland camo weapons (although he planned those), but I'll replace them with the classic black weapons in an optional config for the next release.

Yes thank you cause i dont really care about the camo, i just want to use the new silenced m4 versions.

hi cole

i was wondering if you could update the pack as it seems to have a config bug problem some of the weapons have changed but no ammo is present on the load screen say somthing like not present config/bin/m16a4 be really greatfull

Thanks for making the replace back nice to se rh weapons back

lee

so, I'd like to ask you guys:

Which models would you like to be replaced with the SBR variants?

frankly, any FR guy who has a camo M4 and no GL or Silencer

Hey Cole buddy. Any idea why this wouldnt work?

Slapped RH's weapons and your config into the same folder and it doesnt replace. Dont know why. No other weapon packs or replacements etc loaded. Did test with some USMC guys that carry the same weapons, but no luck in replacements.

Any idea?

hi cole

i was wondering if you could update the pack as it seems to have a config bug problem some of the weapons have changed but no ammo is present on the load screen say somthing like not present config/bin/m16a4 be really greatfull

lee

Yea I have that problem also, and some of my men spawn injured now hehe. Its a great concept though and i'm sure you'll have the bugs ironed out pretty soon.

hi cole

lee

Yea I have that problem also, and some of my men spawn injured now hehe. Its a great concept though and i'm sure you'll have the bugs ironed out pretty soon.
Hey Cole buddy. Any idea why this wouldnt work?

Slapped RH's weapons and your config into the same folder and it doesnt replace. Dont know why. No other weapon packs or replacements etc loaded. Did test with some USMC guys that carry the same weapons, but no luck in replacements.

Any idea?

Uh, that's sure weird, I didn't get any errors at all on my end when testing :butbut:

- Are you guys patched up to 1.04? Full release or a newer beta build?

- Are you using any other addons?

--- If you are, please disable try using only RH's M4/M16 pack and my replacement to see if the problem persists.

Edit: Holy shit, you're right O_o I bet it's the damned binarization of the config.

Edit 2: Standby, I'm working on a fix.

Edited by Cole

Oh yeah sorry about that. Is playing the beta v59210 (best performance for me so far).

Did you find something wrong?

EDIT: Nvm *fixing it* :) Thanks a lot bud.

Cheers cole look forward to the up date i thought the same thing took all my addons off even reinstalled the game same problem was coming up and it on 1.04 understandable though these config files can be difficult

thanks again lee

News: Thanks to zGuba (I love you man! in a totally heterosexual way :p) the config is now fixed.

I've also done another one to replace the camo M4's as requested and I'm going to do one more which also includes M4A1 SBR instead of M4A1 CCO Camo. Hopefully I can pack it all up and release in a few minutes :)

1.1 Released!

Head over to the first post to get it!

New items are marked blue on the first page for easier recognition.

Sorry for the trouble with 1.0 release.

Also, I'd like to thank zGuba for fixing what I broke again! Wielkie dzięki! :)

Thanks man. And no problems at all. Great thing your doing. ;)

EDIT: To me only the SAW seems to be replaced. If i place the standard infantry group made by BIS it should replace most of them right? Only the automatic rifle guy gets a new one. Maybe i got some addon that is conflicting. I got no weapons addons however. Only RH and the rest is vehicles, units, landtex, drawdistance, lowvisuals, soundmod. Cant see what would mess with it. Using no replacements either apart from yours.

Will test remove my addons 1 by 1. Gonna take some time lol.

Found the "problem". First off to my naked eye in 1st person the weapons replaced look very similar so i didnt notice there. The second more obvious thing to not understand it was replaced is that the sound is not from the RH pack... When i put it in a box and take it out it gets the RH sounds.

So - your right Cole. It does work. Only the sound doesnt come along. But there was some sound config also i saw now. Or did see anyway before.

Edited by Alex72

It doesn't seem to work. I have both RH's pack and this config. I plopped down a standard USMC rifleman in the editor and he still has the vanilla M16A4.