Sign in to follow this  
Smooov

TG TVT 58 Operation RedfangV2

Well this is my first pvp mission which was meant for tactical gamer but i thought i would just share it with everyone else.It isnt that advanced or fancy but I thought it was good enough for my first.Its a V2 because the V1 crashed because of the huge file size caused by a custom song.Its now 500kb instead of 2mb.I tried to make a TVT that had the same tension or sense of urgency of the Large Coops usualy we play at TG since we have no serious large scale pvp missions.

download it herehttp://www.filefront.com/14759159/TGTVT_58_Operation_RedfangV2.Chernarus.pbo/

or at armaholic Operation Redfang TvT-58

Victory Conditions

All Opfor dead

All Blufor dead

A Blufor unit must stay within 500 meters of Stary Sobor or else Opfor wins by default.

Story behind it

In this mission a Marine Recon team,called Phantom has been causing trouble for the russians by sabotaging bases and ambushing convoys denying the chedaki much needed supplies.A Spetznaz commander has been tasked with finding them and during his search his platoon made a stop at Stary Sobor to ask for thier whereabouts.The town didnt talk so many of them were executed and a mass grave was made right in thier town. Team Phantom comes by a week later and was tipped off to this grave site and called in the engineers to dig it up and a russian sniper team sees them.They radio back to the Spz commander and of course he plans to move back into stary sobor to destroy Phantom and the evidence.

The engineers intercepted the transmission and alerted the USMC regional Commander.During this time, the commander,his tank crews, and the pilots were celebrating recent victories at the officers club in Drozhino.Tank crews must now rush to stary sobor while the pilots and commander rush to balota airfield for thier aircraft.Team Phantom also requested reinforcments.Basically a assualt on stary sobor by the russians against the smaller american force.

Features

No respawn

General Carvers Rappel script,Yes its a script instead of a addon and my mission is probaly the first to use it.Instead of a rope its flagpoles obviously because theres no actual rope in the game.It works well and with every Heli in the game.

Nous Foward observer script

Russian officers(except the SPZ general) get 1 AI vehicle under thier command.1 APC,3 tanks(1 per tank officer) and 1 KA52.All of them are locked.They were added in to make it feel like a bigger mission w/o demanding more player slots.

The US commander has a uav at the airfield that automatically calls down mortars.Its best used when enemy numbers have been thinned out a little to prevent it from getting shot down or to find the last few opfor.While it automatically calls them down it doesnt mean instantly.

The reinforcments that Phantom Requested are flown in via c130.A 14 man squad with fireteams with different specialities.A paratrooper script is in effect but ejecting manualy over the Designated drop zone is always better.Having the script do it will possibly result in death by the Russian sniper team.

The russian sniper team has a RU spec ops crate with them so they can ditch thier default weapons for something silenced if they wanted or if the SPZ commander specifies thier loadout.

The setting is at 5:45 am with thunder and lightning.

The AV8B LGB is availible and Team phantom has a FAC.It is important that he stays alive since there are 8(4 of them AI) Russian Armored vehicles against Just 2 US M1A2s.US also gets a Huey and Cobra.1 TOW and M240 humvee in Stary Sobor .

RU gets a MI8,Su34 and a AI KA52 controlled by the Elite Assualt Team(MVD)Leader.Also 1 BMP,1 T72 and 2 T90s.The officers of these armored vehicles command one of the AI vehicles mentioned earlier.There is a repair truck also so be careful with it.Remember that Tank smoke grenades are your friend in PVP

A AI ammo truck with every weapon in the game drives from the officers club to the mass grave.If it reaches I dont need to say what problems it can cause for the russians.

Opfor in spawn points after certain conditions are met may have mortars fall down on them.For example when the SU34 and MI8 launch from the russian airfield and get near novy sobor a Foward observer is launched to the area to kill afk.

Edited by Smooov
armaholic mirror