Sign in to follow this  
Equi

Operation Flashpoint Remake, BIS listen to the people and follow these steps, please

Which things below would you like to be used from ArmA2 for a hypotetical OFP remake?  

624 members have voted

1. 1. Which things below would you like to be used from ArmA2 for a hypotetical OFP remake?

• soldier movement controls
    • soldier animations
    • AI
    • ingame UI
    • terrain rendering
    • tree rendering
    • grass
    • vehicle controls
    • helicopter flight model
    • airplane flight model

Dear Bohemia Interactive Studio, after how disappointing the title OFP: DR issued by Codemasters and louder every time criticized by fans of the game and after that time, the stronger memories of how wonderful was the time of Operation Flashpoint CWC / Resistance I propose to follow in the footsteps of publishers Blue Byte. Who gave the game quite Settlers 2 unchanged, only changing the graphics at the request of fans, who thought that the best part. Do a OFP remake with new graphics, damage models. Precede edition game advertising campaign titled: "It is the true Flashpoint" and collect the profits because then both types of players: the new players who came for advertising and veterans, experts in the genre will be happy. Maybe if the mass of players supported the petitioner's signature under it, the BIS have noticed the possibility of profit on the basis of this idea?

Edited by Equi

Remake OFP:CWC .Please :bounce3::bounce3::bounce3::bounce3:

Edited by PISTOLERO

Not a bad idea at all. CWR2 + BI => true OFP. :)

I am all for a updated grafics engine but if you can't use the original, English, sounds and the original faces then I am not interested in a remake of the game. I would pay for a patch for the original game to make it able to handle newer grafics hardware better.

STGN

+1 for a BI-made OFP, V.good idea, i just don't codemasters anywhere near it...

I miss OFP and Everon :) Id still play OFP with its graphics if there just was enough players to play with online!

Yep! Steering behaviour of acft / groundvehicles should stay the same as well as the player controlls, just improve graphics, animations and spend a additional sequel campaign to cwc. Very well done examples of graphics, animations etc. already exists, so they have a orientation what people like (or not).

What? That is ARMA? No, it is not, because of the better vehicle controls used in OFP! Maybe, you are lucky when using flightsticks and steering wheels for better control of vehicles - but not everyone has those equipment on his desk. Till yet, no one has tweaked the steering-behaviour e. g. of the heli's back to OFP's standards. Till yet, every flightmission in ARMA makes me crazy! Default ARMA flightbehaviour is much to inertial/clumsy concerning the ability to rapidly increase the altitude. In Reality, helicopters like the blackhawk are much more agile in this way. No, they should not climb like a rocket and it must not be to easy to handle, but the "upward-acceleration" has to be improved (at last for reality demands!!!) - and I had enough occasions during my service to get acquainted with this kind of "elevator-feeling".

If other like it the way it is, thats o.k. . So there should be a choice in the steering setup / config of ARMA, to get the OFP values back, if you like. Or do a remake of OFP like described.

Thats my wishlist for christmas - but I fear, it will be not fullfilled like some other wishes.... :)

Bah, just release the OFP 1.97 patch already with the additional scripting commands from vbs1/ofpxbox and the no more "light" version of the O2 for OFP :D

Agreed. ArmA and ArmA2 still got nothing on OFP for me... Just doesn't feel the same.

I'd be up for it :)

I've had a blast with all three games, but I never expected a next title to be "the best of" the previous title. In that aspect, BIS would just be a couple of modders rather than developers.

Thanks for three games that are each unique in their own ways :)

Lets get people to chip in, we can buy the OFP CWC code and then give it to some coders to improve it just the way we like. ArmA 2 is good, but OFP is golden :)

yeah we need a real OFP 2 not the batllefield made by codemaster who wear this name ... please BIS :)

Is the Cold War Rearmed mod not good enough for you guys?

Is the Cold War Rearmed mod not good enough for you guys?

Not enough, people want OFP Rearmed not CWC only.

Not enough, people want OFP Rearmed not CWC only.

CWR includes Resistance.

People mean the gameplay mechanics, atmosphere and mission style I assume.