Sign in to follow this  
i3luevein

Gangsta Wars

Before I start i know about Mission name standard and will correct this for next fix. :rolleyes:

All the coding for this mission are from an old version of City Life (1.31) I have now converted it over to ARMA 2 and renamed it so people don't get it confused with the City Life 2 MOD.

I will release the mission file for every one to use, tweak and edit but please all I ask is credit is given to the original script writers.

DaChevs wrote allot of the code and the ones he didn't, the authors name is in the script title

img1.jpg

Gangsta Wars

The Idea of this Team based mission is for shop ownership, in essence Civ Vs Civ with the Police refereeing it.

The Laws are set by the cops broken by the civilians, you know just some real gun fun.

You will need to work hard at gathering resources to start earning cash for some fire power though.

Credits and Thanks

Dachevs

ArMaTeC

PROTO

Mando

Spooner

CAF=Guardian

Current Version 1.5

download_pages.png

Down Load From Armaholic.com

Known Issues:

Sold cars don't delete

Edited by i3luevein

IS there a playes guide for this , there is noting in the map menu for guidlines of play.

I threw up a server to host it for a bit to see who joins.

Looking good! :)

We will run this for a time. Let's see how many people will join.

default.png

Hello, thanks for your interest in the mission.

I will work on a user guide as well as fixing and adding more content for the next release.

If you find any bugs, please put them hear and I can work on those also.

Hi vein,

we met on our server today. My Ingame nick is BTK.

Bugs found so far:

- Civilians can use the Police MH60, and it can't be locked.

- Buying Ammo is not working at the police station. (most of the time)

- Ammo for M4 is completely missing

- Selling cars is not working at the police station (most of the time, only happens if you got more than 1 vehicle i noticed)

- vehicles which are totaly damaged can't ne repaired or removed (?) thats annoying if they are blocking the road

Suggestions:

- Marker for player positions.

- NV Goggles is needed (and possibility to skip the nights please!)

- Shops (fuel stations) should be at the real fuel stations.

- Laws and posibility to change them

Keep on that good work. I like it. :) I'll post more soon...

Edited by sxp2high

- vehicles which are totaly damaged can't ne repaired or removed (?) thats annoying if they are blocking the road

Civilians have the job ability to be a repo man. With this they can impound cars or delete them in exchange for steel.

Thanks for your reply and I'll work on the bugs for a hopeful Thursday release

Money does not seem to be carried over whne people leave the server , lic stay but not th cash'\

1.3 Change Log

Fixed:

ATMS

Intro

Ammo from shops now works (And added M4)

Changed:

Location of drugs

Location of pimping town

Gas Stations moved to Gas stations (as many as I could find)

Police chopper is now available to purchase from the police vehicle shop

Added more items to the police checkpoint builder

Added:

Boat shop

Fishing Area

Hospital

A siren for Police, SWAT and EMT

Hire Goons

Working on for next release:

Markers (For now play it in recruit mode so you can see yourself)

Taser

Instructions

Download new version from hear

http://www.filesavr.com/rpggwarsv13chernarus

Edited by i3luevein

Just had a little test of it and the mission looks good. May run this on my sever to replace my #2 warfare server and pretty sure could get few people intrested in it. Nice work :)

great update ,

You really need to fix the cash saving right off. its a missions killer if people go back to 50000 after working for hours on the server when they log of for a break.

great update ,

You really need to fix the cash saving right off. its a missions killer if people go back to 50000 after working for hours on the server when they log of for a break.

Yeh easier said than done :butbut: I am looking into it.

At least they don't need to pay for all their licenses again.

New Bugs that i found:

- Unlocking Vehicles is not possible after reconnect.

- Buying M4 is not working (2 guys reported that)

- Weapons get lost sometimes when you put 'em into holster (1 guy reported that)

It should be possible to arrest the Prostitutes too. (Just delete them then)

We had some great battles today. The Gangsters had captured pimping town and we had to use gunfire to take it back. It was much fun. But for killing you get negative score and as cop youre losing the licenses. Thats annoying...

Non-Lethal weapons would be perfect...

Great update btw! Your doing a good job! I like the siren feature and i love builing a checkpoint! :thumb_down:

Edited by sxp2high

New Bugs that i found:

- Unlocking Vehicles is not possible after reconnect.

- Buying M4 is not working (2 guys reported that)

- Weapons get lost sometimes when you put 'em into holster (1 guy reported that)

It should be possible to arrest the Prostitutes too. (Just delete them then)

We had some great battles today. The Gangsters had captured pimping town and we had to use gunfire to take it back. It was much fun. But for killing you get negative score and as cop youre losing the licenses. Thats annoying...

Non-Lethal weapons would be perfect...

Great update btw! Your doing a good job! I like the siren feature and i love builing a checkpoint! :thumb_down:

Thanks for great feedback and I will look into all those points mentioned.

Working on for next release:

Save Money & vehicle keys

Taser (Will be M9SD ammo)

Repo job working correctly

Goons Working Correctly

More items for the check point builder so you can secure the jail properly.

M4 weapon issue

Markers (For now play it in recruit mode so you can see yourself)

Instructions

Edited by i3luevein
Added more info

When i first saw this i was skepical but now that i played i,m freakin hooked! Its totally different than what arma2 was intended for and its like you are playing a completly new game and it shows how flexible this software is. I also think that the one who came up with this is a mastermind!!! anyway some things that i would like to see is

* More atm machines! Seriously there just arent enough esspecially in far away places

* Please find a way to save my progress ! I mean it takes about an hour to get reasonable money and a pistol i like gangster wars but it just takes to long to be somebody and that would be ok with me if you could only save your progress. I played for 4 hours and got pretty far but i dont allways have 4 hours and 1 hours just isent enough when you cant save

* Why only 2 hoe,s? Let me at least have 4

* Maybe someone could make a mod for some cooler modern police cars and police choppers.

* Give us some gangster to play with expensive suits or something.

* Please fix the holster bug! I had to go back to the pistol dealer 7 times because i holstered and leter accedently this was just so frustrtating.

* i would like to see the slx mod be used for this mission so that players have a knife. I mean its just stupid to be defensless when you not happen to have a gun.

Other than that i must say that this is the most creative stuff i,ve seen so far

Edited by oscar19681

* More atm machines! Seriously there just arent enough esspecially in far away places

Do we need more or just position them in better places.

* Please find a way to save my progress ! I mean it takes about an hour to get reasonable money and a pistol i like gangster wars but it just takes to long to be somebody and that would be ok with me if you could only save your progress. I played for 4 hours and got pretty far but i dont allways have 4 hours and 1 hours just isent enough when you cant save

Working on it

* Why only 2 hoe,s? Let me at least have 4

I done this for lag issues, but if servers are handling it fine then is an easy change.

* Maybe someone could make a mod for some cooler modern police cars and police choppers.

Yes, the mission files are public, use them but remember to credit

* Give us some gangster to play with expensive suits or something.

I will change that on next fix, one group in one colour suits and the other in another

Functionary1.jpg

Functionary2.jpg

* Please fix the holster bug! I had to go back to the pistol dealer 7 times because i holstered and leter accedently this was just so frustrtating.

I don't understand why it could be doing that, but will look into it.

* i would like to see the slx mod be used for this mission so that players have a knife. I mean its just stupid to be defensless when you not happen to have a gun.

As I said above, I'm not going to ad mods to this but feel free

Other than that i must say that this is the most creative stuff i,ve seen so far

Thanks and thanks to the City Life community's suggestions and our Dev team. Glad the files are getting use.

Edited by i3luevein

Hi.

I just had a few comments to make really.

I could easily enter the police base, block it off, destroy it.

This caused alot of problems. Maybe add some non-destructable walls, a proper base maybe?

I didnt see the point in getting a job, whats it do?

I BOUGHT my job ( why do you have to BUY your job ?! ) as a bus driver, got a passenger and never got paid. Seems pointless.

Shop1 was $3000 or so. I got around $150 per 2 mins. My maths is probably wrong but doesnt that take 40 minutes to get your moneys worth?

Most of the cop items are way to expensive if you ask me.

I could easily enter the police base, block it off, destroy it.

This caused alot of problems. Maybe add some non-destructable walls, a proper base maybe?

Thanks for feedback, I was hopeing the police would use the check point builder to build their own base. If this isn't the case I could easily put a trigger in there that will move the civs out.

I BOUGHT my job ( why do you have to BUY your job ?! ) as a bus driver, got a passenger and never got paid. Seems pointless.

That part of the mission is relied upon role play I'm afraid. If someone didn't pay me, I'd tell the cops or deal with him/her in my own way. Apart from the repo man job where you delete damaged cars for steel or impound them for $250.

Shop1 was $3000 or so. I got around $150 per 2 mins. My maths is probably wrong but doesnt that take 40 minutes to get your moneys worth

Each shop starts at a low price, the closer to sawn the less income you get from it. Each time someone purchases it, the previous owner looses out and the value of the initial payment go's up. The shops are designed to supplement your 2 minute pay check. If it was worth this much, maybe its worth fighting for to stop others making the value of it go up.

Most of the cop items are way to expensive if you ask me.

Please be more specific or give a suggested price list for items, Thanks

I appreciate you taking the time to play this mission and then come hear and making suggestions/comments about it.

how about for us to buy explosives? I mean gangster do blow shit up. Just make them really expensive

That part of the mission is relied upon role play I'm afraid. If someone didn't pay me, I'd tell the cops or deal with him/her in my own way. Apart from the repo man job where you delete damaged cars for steel or impound them for $250.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I can understand what your saying in an ideal, realistic world.

However, how much money are you expecting a passenger to pay a bus driver?

Its $3000 just for the job.

You may as well buy a car and just pickup people who are on the side of the road.

Im afraid I really dont see many people waiting in a town for 10 minutes for me to role by, while I pick them up, drop them off an then pay me.

When they can just shoot me, get their own bike or hitch a ride.

----

When I made TWOC (a similar game type for A1) I calculated the time, distance and amount of passengers in a bus, then paid the bus driver accordingly.

Eg: 1 passenger = $10 per mile/minute

Maybe this might be an easier, more reliable method.

I just had a look at some really old code from two years ago, I think this was it:

#loop2
_array = crew bus2
_amount = count _array
_fee = _amount * 5
?(vehicle player == player) : goto "bus2end"
?(speed bus2 > 0) && (player == driver bus2) : SPON_playerCashBalance = SPON_playerCashBalance + _fee; hint format["Bus Driver - Current Cash: %1",SPON_playerCashBalance]
?(speed bus2 < 1) : hint "Bus Driver \n----------------------\n\nYou must keep moving to earn money...\nExit the vehicle to leave the job."
~10
goto "loop2"

Similar to what I mentioned, maybe something to think about?

Edited by nullsystems

how about for us to buy explosives? I mean gangster do blow shit up. Just make them really expensive

Yes, the weapon shop is going to get some nice items such as Satchel charges.

@ nullsystems:

I see your point, will look into it.

1.4 Change Log

Added

Save money & Car keys (Array only every 5 mins, will loose on server restart not 100% tested need feedback)

Taser (M9SD AMMO)

GPS in pistol shops

Another armoured vehicle for SWAT

Illegal weapon & Car shop (No Licence required)

Satchel Charges

More weapons

Trigger that kills civs if they enter cop base

Breefing

Changed

Some shop locations moved

More items in the police checkpoint builder

Civ are all now in suits

Prises Various

Repo Man Vehicle

Intro

Fixed

Repo Man job now works!! (You get 20 steel for deleting destroied cars, $100 for impounding them)

Goons

Download from hear

cool mod!keep it up :) , gonna test now

Save money & Car keys (Array only every 5 mins, will loose on server restart not 100% tested need feedback)

I haven't touch Arma 2 scripting yet,yay just got my Arma 2 order today :D,anyways just simple idea,why you don't output the save array into text files and reload it when the server restart?would be this possible in arma 2 scripting for file io?

Edited by Duboix

:):):yay::yay:

seems to work ....white and dirty lol

cool

running it now on my server

save array into text files and reload it when the server restart?would be this possible in arma 2 scripting

Yes it is I believe, just working out how to do it is the solution to my problem :P