Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

Hey all

I'm back and with the help of Protegimus , we are currently working on a new sound mod in the same style as CSM but more to fit ArmA2. It's been a grueling few months with me with family life and life in general I should say but I'm hanging in there. Here's a link to the quick preview

I must say that it sounds amazing. How are you looking progress wise as far as completion?

Have to say you really feel the scale of the map with that vid, great sounds guys!

OMG finally a sound mod that "sounds" real.

Thank you Chammy and Protegimus

I used your sound mod in Arma because it was the most overall realistic sounding, and have been (im)patiently waiting on your Arma2 version.

I knew you wouldn't let us down. :yay:

HELL YAH! FINNALY! Excited for this one. And other sounds planned besides gunfire and explosions? Maybe radio chatter?

If it would be possible, make it modular. so that you can release it bit by bit, like the sonic crack first, then US weapons, RU weapons, vehicles, planes, so on and so forth.

I'm really liking the supersonic crack. Good job :)

Awesome! Hope it's coming out soon. By anychance it will include any ambient sound? distant gunshooting...explosions etc?

Extremely realistic great job man . finaly someone who knows how guns sounds in RL

Awesome! Hope it's coming out soon. By anychance it will include any ambient sound? distant gunshooting...explosions etc?

I second this question.

Well I can include them, I am also working with project Reality and will be including the distant gun shot sounds that i have for PR into ArmA, but Protegimus is working on that part, until we'll see what turns out.

Heh thanks everyone and I thank Protegimus for helping me with the config. Thanks to you too also Mark, I will be talking to you later as well.

I must say that it sounds amazing. How are you looking progress wise as far as completion?

So far I am testing everything to make sure it sounds ok. Pro is cleaning up the config and sorting out unnecessary sounds and adding new entries and trying to do the whole distant sound effect

If it would be possible, make it modular. so that you can release it bit by bit, like the sonic crack first, then US weapons, RU weapons, vehicles, planes, so on and so forth.

I'm really liking the supersonic crack. Good job :)

I believe so it is or will be modular as far as I understand.

Sounding truly excellent. Just wondered, as it stands are differing sounds for different distances possible (read:feasible)? I'm sure it's been answered but not sure what the current consensus is.

Great news, always liked the old Soundpacks.

Do you maybe need some sounds from eastern hardware that were directly recorded from the real thing?

Couldnt hear the preview as im at work so maybe you already got it perfect.

Like always Chammy, you never dissapoint, f***ing awesome work!!! if you closed your eyes, it will sound like a real battle!

Why can't bis ever create such amazing sound fx? I think they should hire Chammy!

Well done mate! Hope the release isnt too far away! :D

hey, great work there Chammy! Good to see hear your work in ArmA2. I thought your ArmA1 mod was pretty much awesome already, but this one is like 100x better!

edit: You mention it's modular, so there will be/are no compatibility issues with TangoRomeo's tracked vehicles and Robert_Hammer's heli soundmods?

Edited by Cole