Sign in to follow this  
armatech

Strange ANN web site Found

While Searching Google today for the old ANN news from arma1 I come across this rather neat informal website that seems to be covering the situations from A2's story in real-time I don’t know who created it. All the info on there is it was created by AAN Network and parent company.

Any way here is the link take a look let me know if you find any info out.

http://www.aan-online.com/

Share this link around to friends as it’s quite interesting

th_aan-onlinecom.jpg

Edited by armatech

Kind of weird that the oldest news is from October 3rd when the game has been out for months. Maybe it's a trick to make the reader think it's up to date.

Domain Discreet

ATTN: aan-online.com

Rua Dr. Brito Camara, n 20, 1

Funchal, Madeira 9000-039

PT

Phone: 1-902-7495331

Email: 23eb25780a141152001783a6d55c5d8e@domaindiscreet.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com

Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com

Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: aan-online.com

Created on..............: 2009-10-05

Expires on..............: 2010-10-05

Administrative Contact:

Domain Discreet

PT

Email: 23eb25760a14115200984e8ab4a92a23@domaindiscreet.com

Technical Contact:

Domain Discreet

PT

Email: 23eb25790a1411520018a3452f6f25f6@domaindiscreet.com

DNS Servers:

dns249.d.register.com

dns210.c.register.com

dns155.b.register.com

dns052.a.register.com

that a cool site. i like how it mixes the game and real news together

maybe some OA info will be released on it some time in the future? (if it is an official site that is)

Am i the only one that thinks we soon read there about Soldiers going to a certain Fictional Arabic Land to fight Insurgents there?

Seems like BIS created another "fake" page to advertise Operation Arrowhead :)

Interesting webpage.

There is a linkage to real czech News pages (if the language is chernarusian), like novinky.cz and or zpravy.idnes.cz or to english news if the site is set in english

This mixing a real and fictional news give it a feel like it was real. :)

Seems to me also that we can expect something about arowhead soon.

What's even more bizarre is that the site links to real news stories from CNN and that some of the photos had me thinking they were ArmA2 screenshots, further increasing my paranoia!

Admittedly I'm a little hung-over this morning but here are two examples that made me squint quite hard....

art.pakistan.rawalpindi.attack.afp.gi.jpg

From this article

capt.effccf41ce7d4a8c87d937a3982928b5.pakistan_anj103.jpg?x=247&y=345&q=85&sig=UY.CWVKgIAdplTAprCTTLg--

from this article

Edited by sbsmac

Very well done site, if someone was to read this and had no knowledge of ArmA 2 I wouldn't be suprised if they thought it was real.

I guess this is like the William Porter blog was in Armed Assault, but in a news site form instead.

http://www.armedassault.com/william/

It seems kind of late for that though? A2 has been out quite some time, and its hard to care for the A2 story now.

Perhaps we will get an introduction to Op Arrowhead in it. That would make sense.

Edited by sparks50

I guess this is like the William Porter blog was in Armed Assault, but in a news site form instead.

http://www.armedassault.com/william/

It seems kind of late for that though? A2 has been out quite some time, and its hard to care for the A2 story now.

Perhaps we will get an introduction to Op Arrowhead in it. That would make sense.

yes, I think so too. Maybe when OA is nearing release we will see more about takistan :)

lets hope so i still wanna know who created it as its starting to bug me now lol. and i to hope they do indeed have OA info(**hope**)

Very well done site, if someone was to read this and had no knowledge of ArmA 2 I wouldn't be suprised if they thought it was real.

That's a good idea.

Just wondering, never actually played the campagin yet, when does HARVEST RED actually begins? If it happens it october, then it would be no surprised that AAN news only reported it now (so we actually gone to the future and save it eh?)

Another question, when does the campagin ends? I think the campagin is only 6days right? Maybe for Razor, but I think the war is far from over...