Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF Weapons Pack.

Weapons Pack, V1.1

Following on from our addon releases last month, Project: UK Forces are back with another series of exciting updates! This time around we have versions of the long-anticipated update to the UK Weapons pack for both ArmA 2 standalone, and Operation Arrowhead/ArmA 2: Combined Operations.

The major changes are the addition of rifles with the latest accessories for operations in Afghanistan including the new picatinny rail platform, and an ACOG scope provided by panda_pl and scubaman3D from the ACE mod. There are also some weapons fitted with a Surefire FA556-212 suppressor, as used by Special Forces Support Group. Other changes include improvements to the rvmats to utilise ArmA 2's DX9 "super-shaders" and detail maps, the weapons now also have shadow LODs and some of the lighting problems on the models have been fixed.

The pack contains a General Purpose Machine-Gun and nineteen SA80 variants; with numerous variations on the L86A2 Light Support Weapon, L85A2 Individual Weapon and L22A2 Carbine, including different sight configurations and blank-firing adaptors for training scenarios. The UKF weapons pack is a comprehensive collection of modern British small-arms, suitable for almost all players' needs.

Functionality wise, we have adapted the scripts from AAW's weapon pack with norrin's permission, to allow players to use the peep-sights on top of the SUSAT, and the Docter red-dot sight on the ACOG. We have also included handanim switching for the L123A2 UGL and bipod deployment for the LSW and GPMG; a feature you will have seen demonstrated on the L115A3 addon released a few weeks ago.

The Operation Arrowhead version utilises the new weapon features added in the expansion such as: Thermal imaging maps, native sight-switching support, IR laser pointers and visible light torches. In the OA version, BIS' native support for sight switching has allowed us to adapt sight-switching script from the ArmA 2 version to control the Laser/Light Module attachment, allowing players to use both features on one weapon.

ArmA 2 standalone users:

DOWNLOAD UKF_UKWEPS 1.1

Operation Arrowhead users:

DOWNLOAD UKF_UKWEPS_OA 1.0

Both addons require Extended Eventhandlers (XEH), part of Community Base Addon (CBA)

DOWNLOAD CBA+XEH

Speaking of the L115A3, we have made an update to fix the lack of a working bolt animation for the weapon. Follow the link for more info.

We have also created an update of UKF_Shared and UKF_Misc to fix a couple of file-allocation errors that were present in the previous release of the Land Rovers and Jackals.

DOWNLOAD UKF_SHARED 1.12

DOWNLOAD UKF_MISC 1.12

Jackal BIS forum thread

Landrover BIS forum thread

If you downloaded these addons previously, it is very important that you update UKF_Shared and UKF_Misc to V1.12

P:UKF would like to thank Steve from VOLCBAT and Sabre for the accompanying screenshots.

Click for Original Release.

UKF Weapons Pack. 1.0

http://volcbat.com/pictures/riflesfinal.jpg

Included:

UKF_UKWeps.pbo

UKF_UKWeps_cfg.pbo

UKF_L96a.pbo

These addons will give the following;

SA80 Series

L85A2 with Susat

L86A2 with Susat

L85A2 With AG36 and Susat

L22A2 Carbine with Susat.

Blank firing versions of the L85 and L86.

Other:

GPMG

GPMG with Blank Firing Attachment.

L96A1 in various forms.

For various reasons this addon is incomplete, and has been released in an 'as is' state. At this point in time, there will be no future updates and fixes after the initial release.

Compatibility with Operation Flashpoint Ports

There is some degree of compatibility between the two, and for the most part they should exchange 1 for 1 with few problems. The big issue is that there are no Ironsight weapons in this release, and so any missions made with the OFP ports that use the Ironsights will not function.

The L96a's are simply modified versions of the OFP ports, and are not new models or textures.

Known Bugs and issues:

A few of the L96a models still have the "hand glitch" problem. This doesn't affect them all, however, and so they're still worth including in the release. I believe the ones that work are the Camo variants.

GPMG isn't fully animated.

There are also a few model/lighting errors about that whilst 90% of people won't notice, still niggle me as the person who made them.

Credits:

Chris (Pathy) - SA80 Models, Textures, Sounds, Config & Animation.

Messiah - GPMG Model & Textures.

DK - RVMats and other general help.

Da12thMonkey - Making some fantastic hand animation

EULA:

By downloading this content you agree to the following End User License Agreement:

1) Ownership and Permissions.

1.1 The content of the download is sole intellectual property of P:UKF and it's creators.

1.2 You shall in no way modify, repackage or reserve engineer any of the content of the .pbo files included in this download, without first receiving prior permission from P:UKF.

1.3 You agree with this EULA that, should you modify said content without permission or otherwise breach this EULA, you are liable to prosecution in a UK Court of Law, under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act, 1988.

1.4 This content is provided for entertainment purposes. You may not use this addon for commercial, military or teaching/training purposes.

2) Distribution.

2.1 You may distribute the .pbo files within this download freely, so long as the .pbo files are unmodified (see 1.2), and the Readme File, including this EULA, is attached.

Mirrors:

VOLCBAT

RKSL

SWdepot

Enjoy

Edited by Pathy

Thank you pathy. They are very beautiful. Just a question, will LMG will be included somewhere around the future?

Thanks. I'm not planning on updating these at all, no. The BIS LMG should tide you over till someone makes a Para-stock one, anyway.

Roger that. I'm sorry to report an issue, sound for bullet crack wasnt there. I hope it's just a quick fix in the config somewhere. Reloading sound also missing. Just test with l85a2. Though

Reloading sound I can live with, but supersonic crack, I think will be abit weird not having those.

Thanks for these again:

edit:

Just noticed the 'as is' statement. I wish you all the best, and big THANK YOU from me.

Regards

Edited by Mr_Centipede

I get a supersonic crack at my end. Hold Alt, rotate your camera round to the front, and try firing off some rounds. It's 100% certain it's there. Are you running any sound mods that might mess it up? Curious though, I just turned on fraps and it stopped the bullet crack. Turn off fraps, and the crack is back. Hmm.

Edited by Pathy

Thats what I did, rotate thing. Though I do played with vop_sound on. Will test without

[edit] the test was inconclusive, I think the rifle sound sink the crack sound, because I test it with BIS weapons, I can barely hear the crack myself. so need to test it in a firefight.

I suspect it's a non issue afterall :D

[edit2]

It is a non issue afterall :yay:

Edited by Mr_Centipede

Cheers for this Pathy, especially in light of what's happened. These weapons do look top quality too, definitely an addon worth downloading.

Excellent work been waiting for this for a while now, Brilliant. Ive got the British-RMC-V1.3, just a quick question when i make a scenerio my troops still are armed with american weapons, am i doing something wrong, i can get the Brit weapons from a crate and arm myself, just im working on a scenerio, excuse the noob questions but how can i get my Royals to start with the SA80 ETC. Thanks

You need to use the removeallweapons then the addmagazine and addweapon commands, try searching and asking in the editing section of the forums.

On topic: it's a shame Cougar's units have a dodgy bug with the head when looking around or using the GPMG iron sights.

Can confirm that British Royal Marine Commandos mod works fine with this!

m8 stick to the thread instead of talking about some mod where it works with...

I can now sleep at night, safe in the knowledge of this fact!

and i can comfirm that i wont have nightmares either since the mod works well for u... hoo'rah

Still not getting any sonic snaps on my end, all i hear is the sound of the gun, btw i have tested playing as a civilian and standing at a distance in front of the gun, still no snaps... is it vopsound?

EDIT:

Never mind, I'm just a bit deaf.

Awesome weapons and the animations and sounds are awesome!

Edited by Dmahon