Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

RMC Tour of Duty [SP]

Hello all, this is another mission from me. I try to make a concept like a Tour of Duty, with dynamic mission. So for that, I use BIS SecOp Manager or SOM. I think SOM is very powerfull, if only we could create new mission template out off it.

Anyway my mission is very simple because I'm too lazy to create. I like to play more :D

I will try to improve the mission from time to time. I also think this mission could be made as a template for another Tour of Duty kinda mission on another Island or other locations. I'm thinking Panthera: Tour of Duty ;)

From Readme :-

RMC Tour of Duty v1.1

ABOUT:

You are a Platoon Commander of Royal Marine Commando. This is your first tour in Chernarus.

You will be tasked to relocate to one of Patrol Bases around Chernarus. Await for SecOps Mission. Mission will end after you've done 10 missions in this area. Good Hunting.

BASIC CONCEPT:

You will start near Chernogorsk. From there HQ will randomly assign to one out of 5 patrol bases. Onced assigned, proceed to the base and walk toward Satellite Phone inside the base camp. SecOp will start giving missions to you. The SatPhone is also used as SaveGame. Use it with action menu.

After you finish a secOp mission, return to the base for the next mission. After 3 missions, HQ will reassign you to another patrol base.

Rinse and Repeat. After 10 missions, the mission will end.

INSTALLATION:

Extract the file into your \ARMA 2\Missions folder

Author

Mr_Centipede

Changes in V1.1

1. Locations of PB is relocated. Mission start near Mogilevka.

2. Arty and Mortar support is available. Not always, about 10% chance at the beginning of new secOp mission

3. Random weather (merely using setFog, setOvercast command)

4. Mission numbers reduce to 10 for Tour completion

Required Addons:

1. British Royal Marine Commando by STALKERGB & STEMACK

Mirror Download: British Royal Marine Commandos c.2001

2. Project UKF Weapons ported by STEMACK

Mirror Download: UKF Weapon Pack

Download Link

http://rapidshare.com/files/291207214/RMC_Tour_of_Duty_V1-1.7z

Mirror

Armaholic mirror: v1.0

RMC Tour of Duty (@)

Enjoy :)

Edited by Mr_Centipede

Excellent. I love dynamic missions. And an SP mission that uses the Brits, thank you. I've been itching to try them out.

Just a small tip, when heading out to your assigned patrol base, be extra carefull. Forgot to mention that ACM is active, so you might run into enemy armor before your tour of duty actually starts. On another note, if you're lucky, the journey to the patrol base can be scenic... What a wonderfull way for sightseeing. Driving along the coast can be very breathtaking. :)

About some texture rvmat texture is missing, that comes from UKF weapons port. Hope the owner will fix this.

I'm updating this mission. Some changes will include:

1. Locations of PB is relocated. Mission start near Mogilevka.

2. Arty and Mortar support is available. Not always, about 10% chance at the beginning of new secOp mission

3. Random weather (merely using setFog, setOvercast command)

4. Mission numbers reduce to 10 for Tour completion

Now, I'm just testing abit.. hopefully will re-upload by tomorrow