Sign in to follow this  
alpha9

The Lost Brothers Mod

Whoopeeee!!

Christmas%20Beanie%20Hat.JPG

Towards the top of the screen there is something known as a sticky.

They normally contain frequent queries, generally if there is one covering the subject you want to discuss there is no need to start a new thread.

The one you are looking for is PORTING ARMA1 ADDONS TO ARMA2.

How helpfull am I?

yeah.....sorry.

You can blame that one on red wine, plus my dissapointment that the lost brothers mod is in fact not coming to arma2 as the thread title suggested.

actually we packing the stuff for arma1 so we can move on to arma2 :)

so hopefully there will be Lobo for ArmA2

yeah.....sorry.

You can blame that one on red wine, plus my dissapointment that the lost brothers mod is in fact not coming to arma2 as the thread title suggested.

Yeah, we are DEFINITELY coming to ArmA2. At NO time has our mod ever said otherwise. However we are trying to tie up a few loose ends and release a few things for ArmA 1 first mainly because we promised and I can't install the new tools for ArmA2 without overwriting the tools for ArmA1.

At any rate, there's no rush. ArmA 2 only came out recently and already people expect our whole mod to be converted or something. It is NOT easy to convert stuff, especially not infantry. Combine that with adding the new shaders and stuff like that, requires us to learn a whole bunch of new stuff that takes alot of time...something we don't have much of due to our real life responsibilities. So please understand this. But be patient and we will make lots of cool stuff for ArmA 2. I already have a good infantry template donated to us and so hopefully soon we'll get started on converting our infantry first followed quickly by a small vehicle pack to create nice mini-packs similwar to what the BW mod are doing (as well as the Canadian, Italian and Spanish mods).

Also we DO NOT authorize anyone porting our stuff unless they want to volunteer to help us out and can demonstrate their ability to do so as far as porting stuff goes.

We are also looking for new members who can model and texture to help out with creating higher-end models and/or textures so as to increase the quality of our addons to ArmA II standards.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod

Edited by Miles Teg

The good news is that our weapons pack has ported very easily accept for pistols. Most likely tanks and most aircraft will probably be easy to port as well. But all that is useless without infantry. So that's our main hurdle...getting infantry working. Once that's done things will go very fast as I think we'll slowly update stuff with the new shader textures after we've ported things.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

That's gorgeous, mikebart, but can the game handle that kind of detail?

Maybe its for the normals

yeah, its for the normals, ill bake the normal map and the ambient occlusion from the high poly model down to a lower poly model using the projection modifier in 3dsmax.

Just made a start on the ingame model for the turret, I havent had alot of free time lately to work on it, but i just thought i'd post some picks to show some progress and how the high poly model compare's to the low poly model. So you can see im baking the normal map and the AO to texture from the high poly to the low poly ingame model, and that part of the turret is actually only 420 verts, but it will end up being alot more once all the details are re modeled for ingame, then the turret will also receive AO from all the details shown in the 3rd image aswell.

mk3rtt01.th.jpg mk3rtt02.th.jpg mk3rtt03.th.jpg

Edited by mikebart

If you will release Arma2 Lobo addons, can you add Hebrew and Arabic radio-voices (like - "esh" -fire in hebrew) as BIS made English for USMC, Chernarussian for CDF and NAPA, and Russian like Russia Army and CHDKZ?

if there are people willing to record there voices , then yeah we will add them (that was planned for ArmA releaes but we didnt find any voices :( )

Actually the problem wasn't so much with the voices. We have alot (although not all of them are good quality). The problem is in figuring out how to code it to mimick the BI sounds. As of now, until someone else does it and I can see how its done, its way above any of our scripting levels. I might check on the editing forums to see if anyone knows how to do this. I don't want to replace the BI sounds (as some mods did in OFP), but just to have them make certain sounds when certain actions are done such as responding to greetings and stuff. The only thing I do know how to do is make them yell stuff when they fire RPG's. lol! And even that is a little tricky and I'm not sure if it'll work in ArmA 2. Also I will add the voice pack for mission makers to use on triggers. It was in our ArmA 1 pack, but sadly nobody made missions with it (or with our mod period).

Now, fortunately I'm a supporting member of the Tactical Gamer server so I'll probably be getting them to start up a "Mod night" where some of the members will make some missions for our mod. That will be very nice.

At any rate, right now LoBo is in the process of getting our infantry fully working and then converting a few vehicles for an initial release. The infantry is the main goal as they are the core of the mod. Once that is done and we have our Hamas converted (and then Hezbollah) we'll also see about making them ACE2 compatible where they can take full advantage of ACE2 features (at a later date). Hopefully however it won't make them dependent on ACE2. If it does, then I'll just leave them as they are. They'll work in ACE2, but just won't be able to use a few ACE features. So no biggie.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Think Fromz's PLA mod has working voices, might want to check that out.

I think you will get more missions made with Lost Brothers if you fully support ACE2 as opposed to making ACE2 not required, as I bet there are more people that will refuse to pass up on some ACE2 features than people who will refuse to use ACE2. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In any case, I can't wait to get my hands on this addon. And I agree infantry (and weapons) is by far the most important part.

Think Fromz's PLA mod has working voices, might want to check that out.

Yeah I saw that... I'll have to check out their configs to see if I can figure out how they did that. The hard part however is figuring out what they're saying or what English phrases they replaced.

:(

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>