Sign in to follow this  
Flightster

[AAS]Battle for Chernarus, min. 30 - max. 100 - TEST

Alright,

I've always wanted to see how an AAS map would work an a large scale, so I decided to give it a go and see how it would work out.

I'm hoping to get opinions, tips, advice, etc from you guys, seeing as this is only a test.. I do know that not a lot of servers out there offer 100 player slots, so I made sure the distances didn't go over the top and added enough transport to ensure a rather fast trip to each zone.. So it should be playable with 30 players aswell.

Keep in mind that this is only a test, so don't expect it to be perfect (zone location, zone size, etc.) :)

Download:

- filefront:

http://www.filefront.com/14573967/%5BAAS%5DBattle_for_Chernarus.Chernarus.pbo

Screens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW_y6uIBydg

If it's not very visible on the screens, the vehicles at each base are:

- Trucks

- Tanks

- Choppers

- Humvee / UAZ

- Motorcycles

Edited by Flightster

aascherno1.jpg

I want to encourage you to be creative with new ideas about AAS, but at the same time I have to issue my opinion of this one being total fail.

I want more action, and access to the frontlines as safe and as quickly as possible.

This mission does not encourage someone wishing for a similar play

There are plenty of servers running missions using the entire 'island'. Domination,Evolution, Warfare; etc.

I say, lets use this AAS mode to differentiate from those other missions and give a more rounded choice to the multiplayer gamer.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

I agree somewhat with Ziggy.

There is nothing wrong with having planes, tanks in.

Yet at the same time the main playing area should be multiple zones close together.

You can just make x-ray more distant and put the heavy stuff there.

Another option is to make neutral zones or multiple attack routes / zones to conquer

at the same time with the latest version of AAS.

So you can have both in one go IMHO. Short distance infantry combat along with

heavy vehicles coming from distance for support.

Thanks for the video though. Nice mission presentation!

Like I said guys, just a test.. I had my own doubts about a large scale AAS mission, but it never hurts to check :)

Personally I like my aas games to be CQB aswel, but with my clan's 100player server around the corner I'm trying to find ways to implement our favourite game mode (aas) into that amount of players (which is hard, simply because A LOT of stuff / areas has been done before).. Thanks for the feedback, and I'll be heading back to the drawingboard :D

Edited by Flightster

hey Fighster,

from the image ziggy put up, I can easily see charlie and delta being the heavily contested zones. I would make the map more compact, concentrate on the terrain around a specific region to provide each side with natural variations in battlefield and if you are getting 100 guys in the game, give them more than one objective. Maybe take a look at the aas split zone template.