Sign in to follow this  
biggerdave

ArmA2 SLA Pack 0.9

6.jpg

The SLA are back! And they're invading Chernarus! Oh noes!

Features:

-1 new faction

-25+ New infantry units (including basic infantry, special forces and vehicle crews)

-20+ vehicles (currently only reskinned ArmA2 vehicles, new ones will be added in later versions)

-Uniform randomization feature for special forces

-Fully compatible with the mission generator

4.jpg2-1.jpg

Download Links:

Filefront

Armaholic

5.jpg

I don't visit these forums much, so if you could post any bug reports in the Armedassault.info forums thread, that'd be peachy. Link

Edited by BiggerDave
Added version in title, Armaholic link

haha love it, now really we need the RACS to come save the day! where is project RCAS Arma2? (WLD where are you :)

Southy

haha love it, now really we need the RACS to come save the day! where is project RCAS Arma2? (WLD where are you :)

Southy

I saw him the other day for the first time in the A2 section. Not sure if he's been around more but that was the first time for me.

This is fantastic D@VÅ! I was just thinking about this last night. Thanks.

Southy

True!

1+ for SLA units in ArmA II :yay::yay: Now I can replace my russian units with them :)

Project RACS should come to ArmA II as well. We need it badly for Sahrani missions :(

Nice idea.

A replacement config will be more than welcome.

(SLA instead of Chedakis) ;]

Regards,

TB

I dont understand how to set the textures on the specops units, im trying ,this setobjecttexture KLMKT_co , and it doesnt seem to work, can anyone help?

Sweet! It's glad to have these guys back, they look awesome on CAA1!

A very special thank you D@VÅ!

Special, because you added "groups" and "support vehicles"!

A thing most vehicle addon creators simply forget.

Can you please, in a future update, add the SLA "logo" on all vehicles.

A2_SLA_logo.jpg

Thanks!

MfG Lee :)

@Lee_H._Oswald:

Oh that's very true! That's something I already missed it in ArmA I on the BIS vehicles :( I liked it how ericM added the sign on his Mi-24 and Ka-52.

I dont understand how to set the textures on the specops units, im trying ,this setobjecttexture KLMKT_co , and it doesnt seem to work, can anyone help?

The syntax is incorrect, you should use:

This setobjecttexture [1,"\HSO_SLAInf\data\KLMKT_co.paa"];This setobjecttexture [2,"\HSO_SLAInf\data\KLMKT_co.paa"]

You might also want to use:

This setobjecttexture [3,"\HSO_SLAInf\data\OD_Pioneer_co.paa"]

To recolour the chest rig, as it doesn't blend in as well in some schemes.

@Lee: It was supposed to be on the Mi17... this was an oversight... (I'll fix it now)

The reason I haven't added it to the ground vehicles is because it completely kills the camouflage... that said, I'll see what I can do.

@Thunderbird: I rather wouldn't do a replacement config, IMO the SLA are too different from the Chedaki for it to work properly. I believe there is a replacement mod for Rellikki's CRA addon if you're looking for something similar.

Edited by BiggerDave

The reason I haven't added it to the ground vehicles is because it completely kills the camouflage... that said, I'll see what I can do.

How about turning the red into green?

A2_SLA_logo2.jpg

MfG Lee

I like your idea Lee. I think it'd give the SLA a more "modern" look.

Yeah I'm liking the more green for the vehicles, nice one. SLA/RACS are all made up anyways. It's not like changing the color of something for the Army--then at least someone can say "it's not realistic, they don't do it that way" or something along those lines. Like Binkowski said above me, it gives it a modern look to it.

Don't get me wrong--either/or look nice, but my eye is liking the green a bit more for the vehicles. :)

Subdued green markings for the win. Why would you go to the trouble of painting an IFV camo and then put a bright red bullseye on it, it might be the national colour but subdued colour schemes are becoming commonplace.

Is it possible to create both versions? Maybe using hidden sections and creating class names for each versions? I'd like to recreate the old Sahrani war and modern units wouldn't fit.

I've always liked the DRS logo on the vehicles. Its not like you can see the Star anyways.

This Logo is by EricM

slase5.jpg

Edited by suhsjake

This addon could almost open up a story for a new campaign/mission. SLA Advisors in Chernarus to help train/equip the CdzK hehe.

Nice addon im using it for a campign based on panthera and ive come accros one minor problem.

that the especas dont have a medic, and because im using the texture thing for the especas all the time on the campign the medic in the team looks some what out of place.

i realy like the custom texture idea it brilliant it save having to have lots of versions say you wanted some dezert soldiers ect.

i just with that the regualr SLA soldiers had this feature and mabey the vehicles to