Sign in to follow this  
Gameadd1cted

Vehicle stops at waypoint

Hi,

I set a few waypoints on a road and I set myself as cargo. The vehicle that carries me stops (speed = 0) at every waypoint.

Is there any option for the AI to pass through a waypoint without slowing down?

I tried setting the speed to full and behaviour to careless but AI still stops.

Thank you.

You can set a way point to where you want to go. Set the behavior to 'safe' and the vehicle will stay on the road the whole way (because that is 'safe'). If you try to set your way points to follow the road due to curves and turns, the AI will stop at every one. I assume to re-evaluate the command.

"SAFE" will not prevent it from halting at waypoints. I still need to experiment with it, but you could try having a bigger completion radius to the waypoint (so hopefully the unit will keep moving towards its center until the game tells it to go to the next waypoint and the commander passes that order down to the group), and if that doesn't work, try use a trigger that will force the group to switch to the next waypoint via setCurrentWaypoint.

I tried increasing the completion radius, but the vehicles will halt nevertheless.

The solution involving triggers and setCurrentWaypoint works very well - it is tedious but the vehicle will run through the waypoint without stopping.

Thanks for the solution :)

you dont need triggers

in the waypoint condition you can delete the "true" and write something like

player distance this < 10 in it which ends the waypoint while the player is still 10 meters away in in full drive

Scars09,

It works though not as smooth as with triggers (the vehicle does not halt, however slows down).

Anyway, it is a better solution as using triggers was such a hassle (the map was looking so filled with lines).

10 meters maybe a little short, he allready will slow down at that distance. just try it with 30 meters or 50 meters (<30 or <50), should be smooth then

I found that Placing waypoint a ways before the intended turn helps, I have noticed that if you place a AP on an intersection where the vehicle has to turn, it will stop every time, sometimes even backing up, or hitting shit.

Placing the way points before the intended turn makes a big difference. I found this works well in the SAFE and careless state best, but good with normal as well, only be sure to move the WPS further from the intended turn.

A WP has a zone of its one, a minimum for 5 so sometimes a vehicle will pass the center of a WP before it stops. Trick is to make sure the outside ring of the way point ends before your next turn does.

If you have then driving on a long road, you only need a WP at the start and one at the end in safe, careless and normal.

Hope it helps.