Sign in to follow this  
oktane

BIS: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.iconCreated'.

Do you get the error pictured? No Entry ...Task.iconCreated  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get the error pictured? No Entry ...Task.iconCreated

• Yes I get this error - I have the Steam Version
    • Yes I get this error - I don't have the Steam Version
    • No I don't get this error - I have the Steam Version
    • No I don't get this error - I don't have the Steam Version

TRY DEMO MISSION HERE if you haven't experienced it.

BUG REPORT: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6279 REGISTER AND VOTE PLEASE

Sample Mission:

Download PBO Mission

Steam Users: If you don't get this error, please try the demo mission in the first post. If you still don't the error, can you tell us your region? (country) It may be that there are different steam versions?

Comon BIS, this is something that was left out of 1.03 and still wasn't put back in 1.04. Can you hot fix it for us steam users? I believe we are the only ones that get it. We need an updated Arty module with the fixed config or the missing icon assets.

ArtyError.utes.jpg

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.iconCreated'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.iconCanceled'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.iconDone'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.iconFailed'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.colorCreated'.

Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.colorCanceled'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.colorDone'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.colorFailed'.

Edited by oktane

No error - Not steam.

Thanks for checking.

This is related to the error that used to appear in the lobby of MP games too, there were missing assets for Steam users... they FIXED that in 1.04, but forgot about this.. You'd think they'd do a diff of a steam version vs a dvd version to see what they are missing, that would totally solve the issue.

Bump. If you don't get this error on steam, please try the demo mission in the first post. If you still dont get it, can you tell us your region? (country)

I get this error since 1.02 or 1.03 with MLRS and GRAD

It works fine with static artillery (canons and mortars).

Mobile arty is useless for me... no change in 1.04

I have german download version.

I get this error since 1.02 or 1.03 with MLRS and GRAD

It works fine with static artillery (canons and mortars).

Mobile arty is useless for me... no change in 1.04

I have german download version.

Thats strange. Did you use the test mission?

I dont know what you mean about mobile artillery. If you mean the MLRS, you must load it with the proper ammo type. This is off topic, but here are the ammo types that work with artillery (I'll put them on the wiki soon, edit done.. here ):

// * WEST *

ARTY_30Rnd_105mmHE_M119

ARTY_30Rnd_105mmWP_M119

ARTY_30Rnd_105mmSADARM_M119

ARTY_30Rnd_105mmLASER_M119

ARTY_30Rnd_105mmSMOKE_M119

ARTY_30Rnd_105mmILLUM_M119

// Mortar shell "magazines" - West

ARTY_8Rnd_81mmHE_M252

ARTY_8Rnd_81mmWP_M252

ARTY_8Rnd_81mmILLUM_M252

// MLRS magazines

ARTY_12Rnd_227mmHE_M270

// * EAST *

ARTY_30Rnd_122mmHE_D30

ARTY_30Rnd_122mmWP_D30

ARTY_30Rnd_122mmSADARM_D30

ARTY_30Rnd_122mmLASER_D30

ARTY_30Rnd_122mmSMOKE_D30

ARTY_30Rnd_122mmILLUM_D30

// Mortar shell "magazines" - East

ARTY_8Rnd_82mmHE_2B14

ARTY_8Rnd_82mmWP_2B14

ARTY_8Rnd_82mmILLUM_2B14

// BM21 Rocket Magazines

ARTY_40Rnd_120mmHE_BM21

Edited by oktane

Nothing to do with steam.

I don't have steam and have the "problem" too. RscMap config in the arty module didn't get updated in patch 1.04, class Task is still missing the new fields that were introduced with patch 1.03, that's all.

Xeno

Nothing to do with steam.

I don't have steam and have the "problem" too. RscMap config in the arty module didn't get updated in patch 1.04, class Task is still missing the new fields that were introduced with patch 1.03, that's all.

Xeno

Well it does have to do with different releases. (regions?) Some people get it and some people don't. I'll install my dvd version tonight and do some diff's.

If they don't fix it soon I am thinking of just including the artillery scripts with missions, with fixed configs. :j: And a better arty map! using the mortars on that huge zoomed out thing is atrocious.

I'm not able to vote since the poll is closed, but I have this same error pop up and I don't have the Steam version (ordered DVD-box from http://gogamer.com, if that matters).

I downloaded the mortar mission linked in the original post, and got the same error that I get when trying to do it myself in the editor. I'm not sure exactly what the error means, but it seems to cause some strange occurrences with player-operated artillery firing. For instance, I set up a bunch of civilian groups (20 in all) in Chernogorsk, and then shelled it 30 times with the M119 using High Explosive shells. After that was done, I got in an empty heli and flew to the city myself. When I got there (and I tested this a couple of times), I saw what appeared to be "minor" building damage, a few downed trees, no destroyed vehicles (Ambient Civilian Vehicles module running), no sign posts knocked over, and a fair number of dead people with a few wounded scattered around as well.

To contrast that a little, placing a M119 inside the city and using direct fire on buildings there would blow up vehicles that were a moderate distance away, and only a couple direct hits would bring down many of the structures (the International Hotel only took 3 or 4 I believe). While I expect the long range shelling (and WOW is the minimum range not very minimal - especially for the MLRS) to be less precise than direct fire, and not necessarily get direct hits on buildings super often, I can't understand how it wouldn't have at least destroyed some vehicles - and after 30 rounds in roughly the same spot, probably knocked down a building or two as well.

Also, from playing around with the editor myself, it also seems as though the SADARM rounds for the M119 don't function if fired manually at buildings or tanks (haven't tested them with a fire mission). Also, firing off White Phosphorous rounds seemed to kill individuals that were very near where the round landed, but not much else - firing into a group that I set up on a hillside didn't kill all of them, despite their close proximity to one another. I've also fired WP rounds into buildings near the gun position and ran through the cloud 5-10 seconds later without taking any damage - shouldn't it be dangerous for a while?

So...what does the error mean exactly? Obviously the M119 shells do something when fired by a player through the artillery system, even though I suspect they aren't doing as much as they probably should.

I'm not sure exactly what the error means, but it seems to cause some strange occurrences with player-operated artillery firing.

Yes.. the bug still hasn't been fixed. Since its just an annoyance and doesn't affect the operation of the artillery, I guess its low priority. But still it would be simple for them to fix it and in doing so the product would be more polished... errors cause people to think other things are wrong.. just like you have shown.

FYI, the error is complaining about a missing section of code that describes an icon.. it is totally harmless. It won't affect the artillery in any way nor the damage values. As far as your test, it is not scientific enough imo to derive that anything is wrong. We use the built in artillery scripts (the manual one where you aim it) in our domination map and have no issues with it. The HE rounds work, the laser guided ones work, etc. They are more than capable of wasting a town if a person wishes to man them. (here are the types of ammo btw)

M119 (goes in init field in editor):
{this removemagazine _x} foreach magazines this;
{this addmagazine _x} foreach ["ARTY_30Rnd_105mmHE_M119","ARTY_30Rnd_105mmWP_M119","ARTY_30Rnd_105mmSADARM_M119","ARTY_30Rnd_105mmLASER_M119","ARTY_30Rnd_105mmSMOKE_M119","ARTY_30Rnd_105mmILLUM_M119"];

M252:
{this removemagazine _x} foreach magazines this
{this addmagazine _x} foreach ["ARTY_8Rnd_81mmHE_M252","ARTY_8Rnd_81mmWP_M252","ARTY_8Rnd_81mmILLUM_M252"];

Now, for your comparison of direct vs indirect, the answer is simple because the round is directly hitting the target vs having splash damage. I don't have the source code to the game but i assume there is a logarithmic type function that decays the splash damage as you get farther apart from it. In the ammo config for each shell type you can see these values..

// default rounds (note that the time to live for these is 15 seconds, or in the case of the MLRS/Grad.. 3 seconds. So they are useless for indirect.)
class Sh_105_HE : ShellBase {
	hit = 210;
	indirectHit = 40;
	indirectHitRange = 20;
	typicalSpeed = 1300;
	explosive = 0.8;
class Sh_122_HE : ShellBase {
	hit = 340;
	indirectHit = 45;
	indirectHitRange = 30;
	typicalSpeed = 1300;
class R_GRAD : RocketBase {
	hit = 340;
	indirectHit = 45;
	indirectHitRange = 30;
class R_MLRS : RocketBase {
	hit = 1000;
	indirectHit = 100;
	indirectHitRange = 40;

//special arty class rounds

class ARTY_Sh_105_HE: ARTY_Sh_Base
   {
       hit = 250;
       indirectHit = 110;
       indirectHitRange = 25;
       typicalSpeed = 800;
   class ARTY_Sh_105_WP: ARTY_Sh_105_HE
   {
       hit = 60;
       indirectHit = 50;
       indirectHitRange = 30;
   class ARTY_Sh_105_SADARM: ARTY_Sh_105_HE
   {
       hit = 20;
       indirectHit = 5;
       indirectHitRange = 20;
   class ARTY_Sh_81_HE: ARTY_Sh_Base
   {
       hit = 160;
       indirectHit = 50;
       indirectHitRange = 20;
       typicalSpeed = 800;
   class ARTY_Sh_81_WP: ARTY_Sh_81_HE {
       hit = 35;
       indirectHit = 30;
       indirectHitRange = 20;
   //MLRS After the rocket burn is complete, shell ballistics take over and the shell "arms".
   class ARTY_R_227mm_HE: ARTY_Sh_Base // XM31 HE
   {
       simulation = "shotShell";
       model = "\ca\Weapons\shell";
       airFriction = airFriction_227mm;
       hit = 410;
       indirectHit = 200;
       indirectHitRange = 40;
       typicalSpeed = 500;
   class ARTY_Sh_122_HE: ARTY_Sh_Base {
       hit = 340;
       indirectHit = 125;
       indirectHitRange = 30;
       typicalSpeed = 800;
   class ARTY_Sh_122_WP: ARTY_Sh_122_HE
   {
       hit = 60;
       indirectHit = 50;
       indirectHitRange = 30;
       explosive = 0.800000;
   class ARTY_Sh_122_SADARM: ARTY_Sh_122_HE
   {
       hit = 20;
       indirectHit = 5;
       indirectHitRange = 20;
   // Sadarm projectile (spawned)
   class ARTY_SADARM_PROJO: RocketBase
   {
       hit=330;
       indirectHit=142;
       indirectHitRange=7;
   // 82mm Mortar shells
   class ARTY_Sh_82_HE: ARTY_Sh_Base // Real-world VO-832DU HE round.
   {
       hit = 165;
       indirectHit = 52;
       indirectHitRange = 18;
       typicalSpeed = 800;
   class ARTY_Sh_82_WP: ARTY_Sh_82_HE {
       hit = 35;
       indirectHit = 30;
       indirectHitRange = 20;
   //GRAD: After the rocket burn is complete, shell ballistics take over and the shell "arms".
   class ARTY_R_120mm_HE: ARTY_Sh_Base // 9M28F HE
   {
       simulation = "shotShell";
       model = "\ca\Weapons\shell";
       airFriction = airFriction_120mm;
       hit = 340;
       indirectHit = 125;
       indirectHitRange = 30;
       typicalSpeed = 550;

You can find the full file here if you want to look at it.

Also you should know that the artillery shells shot with the artillery module system are 'faked' in some cases (most.. even when using manual), the angles, range and times are calculated but the shell is spawned where it should be according to a lookup table. (you also notice you don't get kills for it like you would with a direct fire weapon) You can find all the code in the modules.pbo under arty. As far as the damage vals.. I don't know a ton about how the game uses the values, but generally larger numbers mean more damage. Speed also plays a big factor in direct fire rounds such as those from a rifle or cannon, but I wouldn't think they would matter on indirect rounds so much. There is also a value 'explosive' which is usually set to 0.80.. no idea if this determines some kind of damage or if its a visual effect. (like blur) Anyways, there are lots of people on this forum that know how all the values work, if you were interested you could ask in the Addons and Mods Discussion forum or at the OFP/Arma brain trust.. OFPEC. (ofpec seems to be having issues atm)

The WP (Willie Pete/White Phosphorous) rounds aren't that useful. They make a shitload of smoke but hardly burn the skin off your enemies in the game like they should. The manual fire artillery system leaves a lot to be desired, but it is a good start and I'm glad they included it in the stock game. The depth of the arty system as a whole is very nice. But for manual aiming, I'm really waiting for

which lets the shell fly all the way to its target with the games built in ballistics unmolested. Edited by oktane
clarification

I'm Bumping the thread because I bought a second copy of the game (505 DVD vs Metaboli Download) and I still have the same problem.

How come 50% of the players have the problem, 50% doesn't... Can anyone enlighten me ?

Edited by EricM

Yeah its frustrating. They left it out of some versions. Its such a simple fix too.

I hope you didn't buy that second copy because you thought it would fix it. It is just an annoyance, it doesn't affect anything.

Here is a bug that doolittle made about it: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6279

Register and vote on it!

Edited by oktane

No, I bought the new version to get multi-langage support and a backup CD + give some cash to BIS...

But I was hoping to see it fixed.

I get this error too if i link a artillery modul with a mortar and got to "artillery target" with the action menu.

I hope this will be fixed !

i just see this topic

i have the same error with all artillery.

i have italian dvd version 1.05