Sign in to follow this  
USSRsniper

Cheytac M200

CheyTac Intervention M200

snipbnew01.th.jpg

Long range sniper rifle, Cheytac M200 is finally done :)

Known issues:

- hands clip through the weapon

- regular version of Cheytac M200 uses BIS M107 sounds

Version: 1.00

Download Links:

Armaholic

http://rapidshare.com/files/279483312/ussr_m200_v1.00.zip.html

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fw2m5zm1dzt

Edited by USSRsniper

From the pic this camo variant looks a bit too desert-bright for woodland Chernarus. Anyway good to see new sniper rifles in Arma2! :)

Btw at which range your Cheytac M200 Intervention is zeroed?

Model looks great and ya its a lil too bright. Would be a snipers camo nightmare. Other than that great work! Possibility of a suppressed version?

nice rifle.I just try it and found one question.The recoil seems too high when I shot it in prone position(3rd person view),the whole upper body backlashed.But when I use M107 or other sniper,no such thing happens

I noticed you forgot to delete an original M200_nohq (the one without soft bumps effect on the body) in the main folder. Small file though and doesn't gives an error i think....just get it cleaned up :) .

Also noticed your detail texture is pure white. Not sure if that was the plan.

Haven't checked ingame.

*PM still stands though ;).

Nice to see it turn out like this after all the beta testing.....

And I'm sure someone can fix the sound issue...

Great work!!!

Model looks great and ya its a lil too bright. Would be a snipers camo nightmare. Other than that great work! Possibility of a suppressed version?

There is one :p

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

I noticed you forgot to delete an original M200_nohq (the one without soft bumps effect on the body) in the main folder. Small file though and doesn't gives an error i think....just get it cleaned up :) .

Haven't checked ingame.

*PM still stands though ;).

Strange, loaded the detail texture from the pbo which I released in Text2View and it's not pure white :eek:

Could it be ATI issue, just like with custom faces? Which look ok in Photoshop/TextView2 but look almost white in game.

nice rifle.I just try it and found one question.The recoil seems too high when I shot it in prone position(3rd person view),the whole upper body backlashed.But when I use M107 or other sniper,no such thing happens

Thats because BIS M107 has a recoil of a hand gun :) . For some weird reason BIS has M107 recoil in config

class CfgRecoils {

M107Recoil[] = {0, 0, 0, 0.1, 0.2, 2, 0.05, -0.02, -0.03, 0.05, 0, 0};

M107RecoilProne[] = {0, 0, 0, 0.1, 0.1, 0.005, 0.05, -0.2, -0.01, 0.05, 0, 0};

But the weapon config uses this recoil

recoil = "recoil_single_primary_9outof10";

recoilProne = "recoil_single_primary_prone_7outof10";

And in game M107 appears as it has no recoil, I modeled my Cheytac recoil based on the recoil values of M107Recoil

Edited by USSRsniper

That tan color is a bit bright but I could live with that. Now if the M200 was in coyote brown... :) or dark earth. Great job on this fine sniper rifle USSRsniper.

Don't overestimate the recoil of a large caliber rifle, especially in prone position. If a well trained soldier can manage this:

...and the recoil of the M200 is more manageable in real life from a sitting position than in a prone position where your center of gravity is even lower:

...so other than fixing the recoil on this M200 and getting the new sound to work for the non-suppressed model (as well as maybe fixing the brightness of the camo job just a little bit) then this addon is golden.

There is one :p

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Strange, loaded the detail texture from the pbo which I released in Text2View and it's not pure white :eek:

I have pure white _dt too :)

I noticed you forgot to delete an original M200_nohq (the one without soft bumps effect on the body) in the main folder. Small file though and doesn't gives an error i think....just get it cleaned up .

Haven't checked ingame.

*PM still stands though .

Also there are unnecessary files, It can be use a standart files from ca\. Ðnyway I love that addon. :)

Great one!!

But like to see some other tan texture for this Cheytac M200.!!!:):)

Great work, but as everyone is saying, the color should be darker, it looks like a candy.. in a bad way.

Some other issues :

The SD verson flashes... you know, blinking when you are shooting.

The recoil is just too insane

And the sound, its not an issue, but would be nice with better sound for both rifles, regular and sd.

btw, any posibility for a reload animation? :P

Keep up the good work on this rifle, it has a very good potential

Edited by MirLo

Don't overestimate the recoil of a large caliber rifle, especially in prone position. If a well trained soldier can manage this:

...and the recoil of the M200 is more manageable in real life from a sitting position than in a prone position where your center of gravity is even lower:

...so other than fixing the recoil on this M200 and getting the new sound to work for the non-suppressed model (as well as maybe fixing the brightness of the camo job just a little bit) then this addon is golden.

??????? I've fired many rifles and machineguns and I've never experienced or heard of a rifle that has less felt recoil in the sitting position compared to the prone position. The lower your center of gravity the more the recoil is absorbed through the full length of your body. Sitting up, if you're not leaning forward with the butt tucked tightly into your shoulder, it'll likely knock you on your back if the recoil is anything like a 10 gauge shotgun.

In the prone position however, barrel rise should be minimal. In other words, in the prone position, you should not be looking at the sky after each shot.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Mate i love this mod. Excellent work on the gun it looks fantastic. I've been using it since its been out non stop with SLX Mod and ive been blowing the limbs off everyone, seriously body parts have been flying everywhere.

It would be nice if you could maybe get some better sounds than the bis ones or see if someone else could do it?

P.S not really much of a poster on the forums but i had to tell you what a excellent job this is, cant wait to see what you make next ;)

??????? I've fired many rifles and machineguns and I've never experienced or heard of a rifle that has less felt recoil in the sitting position compared to the prone position. The lower your center of gravity the more the recoil is absorbed through the full length of your body. Sitting up, if you're not leaning forward with the butt tucked tightly into your shoulder, it'll likely knock you on your back if the recoil is anything like a 10 gauge shotgun.

In the prone position however, barrel rise should be minimal. In other words, in the prone position, you should not be looking at the sky after each shot.

No, this was exactly my point....in the MOD/ADDON ( when I said "and the recoil of the M200" I should have specified that) there is more recoil in prone position than in this REAL life video that I posted. So I was pointing out that it didn't make any sense for his M200's recoil to be greater in the prone position in the game than in a sitting position executed in the video I posted, where the center of gravity is higher.