Sign in to follow this  
halleyelec

Donation to the community

Yo!

I was just going through my stuff on a machine I have and found that I still have the .3ds and .p3d file for the Aliens Colonial Marines Dropship, the UD-4L Cheyenne.

I also have the SR-71 in .3ds and as far as I can see I have the B2 Spirit. Well, I have tonnes more .3ds's but didn't get round to converting them to .p3d.

If anyone should want them, maybe to bring them to life, I'd rather that be the case than me attempting to and then getting too distracted with other commitments.

Just let me know how I can get them on here and I will :D

Phew, I didn't know it was that easy!!!! Like I said, I don't really have time anymore. Unless its teaching my 5y.o daughter to fly in Arma.

Ok so I have uploaded a few for now until I get back from work later. Then I may sift out the crap ones.

EDIT - Before I forget, These are not my own models (if you haven't already guessed!) I probably did spend a hell of a lot of time getting them from free sites and converting them to a format that could be converted into a format that would be imported by O2. Just so you know.

-B2 Spirit-

http://www.filefront.com/14482637/b2%20bomber.rar

-Aliens UD-4L Utility Dropship-

http://www.filefront.com/14482665/dropship%20ud-4l.rar

-Izuzu 4x4-

http://www.filefront.com/14482661/Izusu.rar

-Aircraft Pushback Vehicle-

http://www.filefront.com/14482671/pushback.rar

-SR-71 Blackbird-

http://www.filefront.com/14482681/SR-71%20Blackbird.rar

Well there you go for now. I hope they inspire people with more time and more skills to bring them into Arma/Arma II. I just can't remember where I got them from but they seem to be all over the place!

I have had to remove 2 of these due to copyright problems.

Edited by halleyelec

two models I've wanted to look at for a long time the SR71 and B2 spirit :)

In fact a nice group of models

Southy

:DWell, I say to thee sir. Good luck! Hope you get some enjoyment / inspiration / loss of sleep / kudos from the community for releasing them!:bounce3:

HOLY CRAP! UD-4L Cheyenne!

Time to get busy...

Thanks alot. You've made my dream come true.

There's way too many polys. I tried to reduce them as much as I could but there were still too many.

How many is too many? I vote it gets made anyway.

That shouldn't be too much unless they are all 4 sided polygons. It's the tri count that really matters and 20k tris is still very acceptable :). I think BIS A10 has almost 20k tris too.

Ah! Well thats some good news. I heard that it wouldn't be able to handle over 20k. And just think.....Arma 1 has the Colonial Marines and the APC addon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope someone can do something with it!

I remember, and I do keep going on about it to friends, an addon in OFP. I think it was OWP MI- something. It was a big mother that you could drive a vehicle into and lock it into place, fly about and then take it out. You could even sit in the vehicle as it flew. The only problem the addon had was the wheels of the vehicle rolled as if it was driving.

Now with that, can you imagine a dropship starting a mission @ flyinheight2000, a trigger activating a Marine saying "I gotta bad feeling about this drop" and near to landing, another from the dropship pilot "Coming around for a 7-0-9er". :eek: Tres cool!:eek:

Thank you Sir! That Aliens UD-4L Utility Dropship is one wicked cool stuff, we've been waiting for it since 2002 OFP release!

Vilas: choppy chop, finish up your addon :)

I know exactly what you mean! I saw the youtube video of vilas's dropship and wanted to swap my girlfriend up for a copy, beta version or not!:D

I know exactly what you mean! I saw the youtube video of vilas's dropship and wanted to swap my girlfriend up for a copy, beta version or not!:D

Vilas is doing a dropship?

On a related note...

Vilas was doing a drop ship for Operation Flashpoint. But its now a dead addon I think.

Here is something for you to c*m in your pants for....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0SsFFdTMkI

I have the addon for the apc somewhere but I think its only for Arma 1. I searched for it on Armedassault.info but they have taken it off. Luckily I have Vilas's Aliens APC (inc USCM+plasma weapons) on my external drive if you want me to post it. But like I said, Its only for Arma 1.

Edited by halleyelec

I have the addon for the apc somewhere but I think its only for Arma 1. I searched for it on Armedassault.info but they have taken it off. Luckily I have Vilas's Aliens APC (inc USCM+plasma weapons) on my external drive if you want me to post it. But like I said, Its only for Arma 1.

He brought out the Pulse Rifles, APC, Squaddies and Smartguns over a week or two back mate. If you check his thread in the completed stuff board, you'll find it there!

Good god, I want this drop ship done. NOW! :bounce3:

So. Many. Missiles... :yay:

I implore the community to get somebody to get this done, and right. Maybe after Fortran gets done with his F-117, I'd be willing to wait. Seriously, Fortran, Please.

Good god, I want this drop ship done. NOW! :bounce3:

So. Many. Missiles... :yay:

Nukes, knives and sharp sticks? :)

Check it out; Independently targeting particle-beam phalanx, *VWAAP!*, fry half the city with this puppy, We got tactical smart missiles, We got phased-plasma pulse-rifles, we got RPG's, We got sonic, electronic, Ball-breakers!!!

:p

So... is anybody interested in making this?

I think its more of the case of just waiting for someone to release a beta now. don't think anyone will hold their hand up and say "Yeah, I'll make it". I'm sure given some time it'll be brought to life.