Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Army 2009 Units

Here's something that some of you may have been following for awhile. Well here it is, the first public beta release of my US Army Units for ArmA2. I have tried my hardest to replicate what we actually wear in the field, using my uniform and battle rattle as a reference.

acu_grens_s.jpg

acu_prisoners_s.jpg

acu_stop_s.jpg

acu_team_s.jpg

acu_tl_s.jpg

Currently, this is my first public beta release for ArmA2. So, naturally, these are not bug free, there may be bugs that I have not noticed and if you do notice them, feel free to inform me. Eventually down the road when I have more time I will increase the quality etc etc. This is more of a, preview, of what's to come in the future.

Yes this addon is signed for multiplayer.

Yes the Server Key is included.

Mirrors appreciated!

To anyone who mirrors this, please update the images with the larger images that are provided. Thank you.

W0lle kindly took the time to make a mission for you to test these with, it is very well made and I recommend trying it out! All credit goes to W0lle.

No, this Addon is not perfect and has it's bugs. For example, not all of my RVMATS are using the new ArmA2 RVMATS, notice I said "not all", most of them do, a few do not. Just be aware.

Change Log:

1.7 (10-31-09 (Beta Patch 1.7)

- All normal map issues have been fixed.

- Added the vilas weapons pack back in.

- Finally fixed the goggle issue.

- All problems with the vilas pack is now fixed.

- Fixed some of the back pack issues.

- Added more editor groups.

1.6 (10-21-09 (Beta Patch 1.6)

- Added new backpacks.

- Fixed some normal mapping issues.

- Fixed config issues.

- Added more units thanks to W0lle.

- Removed the old weapon pack.

1.5 (10-09-09 (Beta Patch 1.5)

- Added new weapon pack (courtesy of vilas)

- Added new units (Engineers, Snipers, AA soldier)

- Fixed some config issues (thanks W0lle!)

1.4 (10-05-09 (Beta Patch 1.4)

- Fixed the "Nohq" error on Crewman

- Added custom weapon pack

1.3 (09-21-09 (Beta Patch 1.3)

- Fixed texture issues

- Added more units (Officer, Breach)

- Fixed some section issues

- Found a fix for the "blurry" textures. Run your game with high / very high texture quality

- Fixed RVMAT issues

- Added clan support, clan logo's will now appear on the right arm, where a normal patch would appear

1.2 (09-5-09 (Beta Patch 1.2)

- Fixed some texture issues

- New ArmA2 heads models (Yes, your prayers have been answered.)

- Added goggles to AR and Machinegunner models

- Added more units (Crewman, Machinegunner, Rifleman (FGM148))

- Fixed the handbugs on all units

- Added one working group (more to come)

- Fixed the ACH straps

1.1 (08-31-09 (Beta Patch 1.1)

- Made each texture uniform

- Decreased the "sharpened" look on the textures.

- Remove the rifleman hand bug

- Attempted at adding groups, need assistance. Please contact me with help if you are kind enough to help.

- Added it's own faction under "US Army \ US Infantry 09'"

1.0 (08-30-09) (Beta release)

- First public beta release

Credits:

CameronMcDonald - For the textures and allowing me to heavily modify it, thank you!

Vilas - Yeah, see those weapons? His work.

Christian1987 - For letting me use his handgrip model (For M16A4SDM)

Jonny - For letting me use his superb models.

DaSquade - For letting me use his ACH Straps for the helmet.

ardvarkdb - For letting me some of his models from his SF Units

Demon Cleaner - For generously writing a replacement pack!

W0lle - For helping me with Config stuff.

Special Thanks:

AnimalMother - Testing

Jake - Testing

W0lle - Testing Support

Evans - Testing & Support

Bryson - Testing

Bigstone - Support

The Community - Feedback

The 20th SFG (www.20thsfg.com)

If I missed anyone let me know, my apologies.

Download Links:

US Army '09 (v1.7) (ArmAholic)

US Army Missions (v1.0) (ArmAholic) By W0lle

US Army '09 Replacements (v1.2) (ArmAholic)

Enjoy, and let's give the US Army a nice welcome into Chernarus.

Edited by Binkowski
New patch 1.7! Happy Halloween!

Good job, downloading right now.

Also, I don't know much on the US Army's camos, but do they also wear that camo in woodland areas as well as sandy areas? (Generally asking this and not trying to bash on your work in a snidey way)

Yes we wear the ACU's, it's a universal camo we wear in all environments.

They're very nice looking units. Do we even need Operation Arrowhead anymore? :p

Pmed foxhound ;)

Just what we needed, I couldnt find any ACU camo out there for ArmA II, and you just gave us that, I'm downloading it and will test right away, much appraciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback and mirrors! Much appreciated. I have edited my first post to include the ArmAHolic mirror.

I dont know if its just me... but the Marksman, for me didn't have any magazines for the M9 pistol..

otherwise i have to say really nice work.. and its going to be nice to play with this. :D

Not working here, maybe im doing something wrong, I put it in my addon folder that I made, i called it @Mod and inside i put the two files needed, inside AddOn folder of course, when i join a multiplayer match all the players still are with the Marine uniform, am i missing something?

Note: Also do we have to add "beta" to the shortcut when we are running the beta with the rest of the addons? I've a lot of different stories.

Not working here, maybe im doing something wrong, I put it in my addon folder that I made, i called it @Mod and inside i put the two files needed, inside AddOn folder of course, when i join a multiplayer match all the players still are with the Marine uniform, am i missing something?

Note: Also do we have to add "beta" to the shortcut when we are running the beta with the rest of the addons? I've a lot of different stories.

I do not have a replacement pack made for the units yet. That will come in the next release. For now, you will only be able to use them in your missions unfortunately. I may actually write the replacement pack tonight and get it out to you guys. Until then, check them out in the editor.

While playing as the fireteam leader, if you look down in first-person you'll notice that your right leg looks a little.. stretched. Although it doesn't happen in third-person. That may be something to do with the RVT thingy that you mentioned.

I do not have a replacement pack made for the units yet. That will come in the next release. For now, you will only be able to use them in your missions unfortunately. I may actually write the replacement pack tonight and get it out to you guys. Until then, check them out in the editor.

Ohh thats why, well thats good enough, thanks for your efforts to get the replacement out. Thank for everything.

EDIT: It worked, it looks awesome, nice work, now just waiting for the replacement lol ;)

Edited by Gringo85

Great work, guess I will probably stop work on my ACU units...

No need to stop work on your project, by all means continue! I replied to your PM you sent me this morning by the way, sorry for the delay.

I have only one (little) complaint besides that they are under USMC: The textures are a bit... weird. As if somone (ab)used the sharpen filter in Photoshop. ;)

No big thing but something you can clearly see if you are close to them.

I have only one (little) complaint besides that they are under USMC: The textures are a bit... weird. As if somone (ab)used the sharpen filter in Photoshop. ;)

No big thing but something you can clearly see if you are close to them.

Yeah I used the sharpen filter in PS because, before I used the sharpen filter, the textures appeared blurry, to the point where you couldn't even see the pattern, it just looked like one big blur. Until I figure that out I'll have to use the sharpen filter unfortunately.