Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Night lighting effects

This addon was created to enhance the night lighting effects of Arma2. Here is what is contained within the addon:

- Dim and yellow military style headlights for vehicles

- fixed missing green blinking light on Osprey

- new colors and sizes for aircraft positional lights

- removed ugly lighting on aircraft, lights were really bugged and didn't add anything so I removed them

- new light cones for streetlamps

- new light cones for directional lights (headlights)

- reduced effect and range of searchlight

- increased campfire/burning barrel/fireplace smoke and fire effects

- reduced campfire/burning barrel/fireplace light brightness and changed color to a soft orange

vehicle.jpg

night4.jpg

campfire.jpg

I also recommend using my sun and light flare mod

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6468

but it is not necessary.

Link - Mirrors are appreciated!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7137

Thanks goes to Armaholic!

This addon is fully signed and includes my key, so servers can enjoy better nv goggle missions too.

Edited by Sakura_Chan

Very nice one, Sakura_Chan!

Give's a really nice atmosphere! :)

Thx for this,

MfG, Medicus

It looks very nice.

Bad thing I always wear Nightvision googles at night XD

Like everyone says..FN Fantastic mod mate just like your sun mod! Thanks!

Love this, nice subtle addition to the atmosphere. Especially the campfire fix!

Great mod Sukura. :cool:

But one thing, why does the lighting still have very weird looking stages/layers? Is there an option to make it look like real light or is that just the engine?

Like the headlights!

Not a big fan of your sun mod (think it was a bit over done -my personal opinion) but this is great.

Question, were you not able to do this for the aircraft lights (heli spotlights)? I hope that you can fix them because they do actually have a use in some mission designs.

Keep up the great work.

were you not able to do this for the aircraft lights (heli spotlights)? I hope that you can fix them because they do actually have a use in some mission designs.

What do you mean by fix? they use the new cone effects don't they? wtf?

What do you mean by fix? they use the new cone effects don't they? wtf?

I thought you said you removed all aircraft lights, I didn't even try them . Apologies.

I just removed the lighting effect of the little green and red marker lights. if there was a blinking light on a chopper, the non blinking lights would turn off when the blinking light was on. The marker lights are still there, they just don't shine on the model.

I do love this addon and use it all the time. But i think the streetlights are too dim. Not just in your addon, but they have always been too dim IMO. Even in ArmA1 and it came over to ARMA2 as well. Villages doesnt look like villages from a far, and it would be very nice if they could be tweaked to be brighter.

I did a simple thing and brightened 2 lights (maybe a tad too bright), but coming with a helicopter or on foot from far away you really see the towns and it looks much better. Again IMO. Thaught i mention it here as you are the lights guru now hehe. ;)

Tweaked bit brighter (Sakura lights all the rest. I changed the 2 to the right):

lights.jpg

What do the rest of you think? I mean overall about ARMA2 street lights - not that Sakura Chan HAVE to do this. :)

Alex

Nice change Alex, and I agree. Looks like more real street lights. At least the kind of lights I'm used to see (unless it is those yellow, worthless mercury lights that I can't see why one use at all :P )

Suffice to say that this lightfix is permanently on my computer :)

Edited by Inkompetent