Sign in to follow this  
bartkusa

CO 54 Mind the Fulda Gap

03small.jpg 05small.jpg 04small.jpg

Mind the Fulda Gap

Click to download

Up to 54 playable positions, but can be played with as few as 15 real people. Fewer still, if you're savvy with ordering around AI units and/or using High Command (which I am not).

• Premise: Try to roadblock a large Russian armored force in a narrow valley.

• BLUFOR assets: Two platoons of infantry, two sniper/spotter teams, one commander, one mortar battery.

• OPFOR assets: One company of armor, one company motorized rifles, two companies infantry, etc.

• Mortar Officer: One player is in charge of a seven-gun 81mm mortar battery. They have access to the Artillery Module, which allows them to aim their own gun. By using custom radio commands, they can order their battery to use the same firing solution and volley-fire at the target called out by other players.

• Field Engineers: Most squads have an engineer that can spend money to build fortifications and static weapons.

This mission isn't going to have much polish, because by far the most effort was put into the engineer and mortar scripts.

My hope was to make a Saving-Private-Ryan-style delaying action, where the players would have to use guerilla tactics to delay the advance until assistance arrives. I don't know how hard the mission is, so I haven't programmed that assistance in; it's simply defeat all the enemy waves, or die trying.

I think the players are slightly overpowered, so it's fun in a different way than I had intended.

I know my maps are kind of ghetto and low on production-value, so advice and critical feedback are welcome.

Fantastic mission

Respawn or Revive would top it off nicely;)

Fantastic mission

Respawn or Revive would top it off nicely;)

That would certainly be more elegant than having 50+ playable slots. I must admit I'm not familiar with "Revive". I'll have to search the forums to see how people have implemented that.

SnR, can you tell me about your experience? I've only played this 2 or 3 times, always as the mortar officer, so I don't actually know much about how it plays from the front lines. :D

• How many players did you have?
  • Was it easy or hard?
  • Were there any boring parts?
  • Did the scripting stuff (mortar volleys, deployables) have any bugs or problems?
  • Any good screenshots or anecdotes?

Edited by bartkusa

My comment is based on its potential as no respawn with 10 of us hampers to play on, when a couple die we just reassigned to another Sqd, and start again elsewhere.

Being a Large no respawn Coop this mission is not suitable for public use, Great for Organised groups if it had respawn.

Ideal Respawn is to promote dedicated Transport from others