Sign in to follow this  
bascule42

SP Mission Comms Tower Siege

Well, I thought I'd actually make an effort to finish a mission for once and get it posted here. So:

Comms Tower Siege

comm.jpg

Situation:

You play as a US fireteam tasked with retaking the comms tower at Green Mountain just to the NE of Zelenogorsk. This is currently in the hands of ChDKZ insurgents and as such must be recovered as soon as! CDF forces are heavily reliant on this array as their main means of communication.

Enemy forces:

A sizable force of ChDKZ is situated at, and around the tower in the wooded area on Green Mountain itself. There is also a Russian presence in the nearby town of Pogorevka. Intel estimates this at platoon strength, (But when did they ever get anything right)? There is also a possibilty of reinforcements from the Russian held airbase a few miles to the NW of Pogorevka.

Mission:

To retake the communication tower and the nearby town of Pogorevka.

comm2.jpg

Notes:

Task briefings added.

WP's removed. Marker objectives added.

Fixed an error where the friendly APC would be entering the combat area too soon. This was caused by a late addition of friendly units, that *ahem* were placed inside the trigger which set the APC on its way. :rolleyes: Fixed now.

Added a few objects just to give it the feel of a small US presence in Zelongorsk, and not having your squad just dumped in the middle of nowhere.

There a few ammo/weapon boxes next to the tower at the IP.

Any feedback appreciated.

Download

Armaholic Mirror

Armed Assault Info Mirror

Edited by Bascule42
added armaholic mirror

Cheers, il give this a go now!been looking for an excuse to have a mooch round that comms tower,its always been too far away in other missions to trek to!

Hope you enjoy guys. Its not a technically demanding mission, but there are a few damn tricky points. :D GL

I love this mission dude but damn it gets tough when you get to the comms tower :D, had about 7 goes at that bit & still get slaughtered! advancing up the hill in the woods at the start is good too, encourages you to keep your men prone & be extremely cautious in your advance, anyone who stands up gets cut to pieces! I could hear a distant battle raging as well while we moved up the hill, guess il find out what that was later....

I could hear a distant battle raging as well while we moved up the hill, guess il find out what that was later....

If you can hear a battle in distance, that's your support for when you advance on the the town going off too early, it's a mistake I made when I added a few more units. Its fixed now and the links are updated with the new version. My bad. All apologies.

Glad you like though. It took me a few attempts at getting past the part you mentioned, and I knew exactly whats coming. ;)

I tried your mission today. As one of the mission testers at www.armamdb.de let me write some first impressions:

- no intro :o

- no briefing before the mission starts :rolleyes:

- mission starts in a US camp okay, but what about a short sitrep from an intel offizier or someone else

- retake the tower an hold is tricky but not impossible :yay:

- after the counter attack, there´s no information to attack the town now or wait for further counter attacks

- attacking the town starts the US reinforcements but without radio command for? :(

- can´t find the last enemy in the town to get this mission finished :mad:

- is there an outro-cutscene?

All in all:

Nice little mission with a bunch of firefights. But i missed some special things thats makes me "Aaahg!".

Kind regards

S.D.

Thanks for the feedback S D.

Yeah, I know its a little raw, some of the things I haven't got around to learning yet. Especially intro/outros....lol. Other points you make, I will certainly remember for the next mission I do, (like to instruction to move to the next objective), and of course I'll probably learn a bit more along the way. With missions that end with a "not present" trigger, there is always a chance one sneaky sod will evade you...its happened a few times to me so far.

Thanks for taking the time to play through and give some criticism on the mission. Really is appreciated. :)