Sign in to follow this  
zarcuz

WIP GRID 7-09. Mod Idea.

Hello dear community just wanted to hear what people think about this idea... Tried this idea on the ETW forum. Didn't work so i hope some of you think this would be cool. Ohh and i know it's probally a lot of work. But i can deal with that. Ive already built some models so it's not an idea of total nothingness. The story is just an excuse to great a cool mod. So hear goes... :D

GRID 7-09 2nd Colonial Dispute.

The year is 2132, mankind has been navigating space for more then 47 years. It all started with the invention of the C.S.M.D (Charged Super Magenetic Drive) which granded the possibillity to reach nearby star systems within acceptable time. The invention sparcked the beginning of a new era, and it was on January the 5/1 2084 the age of space exploration began by the construction of D.S.E.S. Ganamee. (Deep Space Exploration Ship) Soon after the construction of the vessel in Houston many other contries followed in their fot steps creating even larger and more complex ships, and within short time the world plunged it self into harsh competition as it has done so in many other ocations. Tension began to rise following one political dispute after another. The goal of finding the first real hapitalble planet which could feed the growing world lack of resources was almost fanatical. And it was on that very Monday on October the 24 while the French Exploration Ship Lafayette was conducting Deep Space Scanning in the Magellen star stystem on a potential planet positioned at Grid 7-09 on the Starmap. The French gorverment in all secrecy launched a small colonisation operation hoping they could keep their findig a secret but to no vail it was soon spread as global news, and in all haste five other countries including the USA, Germany, N.S.R. (Nothern Scandinavian Republic), China cominced simular operations. In the beginning the newly founded Trade Companies coexsisted in peace but within few years hostillities between the companies began to rise and in 2128 the two largest companies the French C.F.S.C (Colonial French Space Company) and A.C.S.T. (American Coalized Space Traders) began an armed strugle against each other for territory. As the world watched the new conflict develope people began to fear the possibillity of the conflict leeding to a World War. A comitee was therefor founded to prevent war on earth and Grid 7-09 but due to the extreme distance between earth and Grid 7-09 plus the companies having full control of this new planet lead to no real security mesures could be taken, thus continueing the conflict on Grid 7-09.

Genre: Scifi

Gameplay: Multiplay / Prehaps Singleplayer

Enviroment: Like earth just more extrem with dangerous Wildlife

Combat: Mainly infantry combat.

I have a more then just this model. Just not on this comp... Further more i have never tried moding arma 2 before. So if anyone wants to have a look at my models they can just page me. Ohh and you can use it for what ever you like. It dossn't have to be in this mod.

PS. My English is bad. Not my native language...

Armed Colonial Settler.

Pers.jpg

Frt.jpg

New Soldier. French Colonial Legionnaire.

French_Colonial_LigionearP.jpg

Edited by zarcuz
New Screens.

I like the story.

But what parts of it will be implememnted into the mod / game?

BTW your english is alright so dont worry about it :)

I like the story.

But what parts of it will be implememnted into the mod / game?

BTW your english is alright so dont worry about it :)

Well for the moment im not certain about anything. As i said im very much a noob when it comes to modding. At the moment though i don't think it's that importent. All what matters is that some models are finished to create the foundation. So gameplay wise i think it's going to be like bis Arma 2 gameplay... For now.

But hey everybody is welcome to through in some Scifi dudes to speed up the proces. :help: => :sigh: => Me happy

Screens of my new guy. Come on now it's gotta be a little interesting... Post something :D

Cool beans.

Reminds me of USCM...

... and the good old days of modding in OFP.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Cool beans.

Reminds me of USCM...

Thx on the bean thing... I think. By the way what's USCM im always looking for creative input.

It is interesting indeed. Your are a very talented artist. :) I’m a bit confused how is this soldier supposed to see… Is that small sphere in the middle some sort of camera?

Also I suggest when you post new screens do it in a new post so people know that there are new things to see. I didn’t noticed at first that there was a new screenshot.

It is interesting indeed. Your are a very talented artist. :) I’m a bit confused how is this soldier supposed to see… Is that small sphere in the middle some sort of camera?

Also I suggest when you post new screens do it in a new post so people know that there are new things to see. I didn’t noticed at first that there was a new screenshot.

Thx alot hope to some of it inside Arma 2 soon. And thx on the info i'll remember that. And the sphere/Ocular is the viewingpoint.

Sounds and looks pretty damn interesting! :D

I think what Big Dawg was referring to as far as the USCM was the United States Colonial Marines from the move Aliens. I can see some similarity as well, which is cool. :) Keep up the good work!

Sounds and looks pretty damn interesting! :D

I think what Big Dawg was referring to as far as the USCM was the United States Colonial Marines from the move Aliens. I can see some similarity as well, which is cool. :) Keep up the good work!

Ahh didn't really acure to me. But yeah there is some similarities.

Sounds good man. Yeah reminds me of USCMC from aliens... and mechwarrior good stuff man

Before a moderator gets ya, you might want to remove the tags as the pics well over the 100kb limit.

Just thought I'd tell you befor you get in trouble :p