Sign in to follow this  
343rdBadger

Russian Tank Pack

Russian Armor Pack version 2.0 for Arma2:bounce3:

T-90A T-90S T-80UD T-80UK T-80UM1 T-72Mp T-72bm

Changelog:

Fixed the highjumping crew bailout,Added proper missiles and sounds for the ATGM system.

download:

http://www.filefront.com/14332221/RussianTankPackArmA2Ver2.0.7z

Screenshot:

T-90SandT90A.jpg

I have totally forgotten everything I learned from Arma 1 addon making... so this pack has some issues with ArmaII.Not to mention I didn't have the tools.

First thing is the rvmat problems that make it dependent on the tracked.pbo.The only way I could get around this was to add them into the tracked.pbo package.All you do is de-pbo the tracked.pbo and add the included rvmats to the data\detailmappy directory.If you DON'T do this, what will happen is the game will nag you about it on startup and the textures will be flat/matt without the ArmaII "shinyness"(no biggy really but I personally like the shiny textures better).I also couldn't find a missing rvmat for the helmuts sitting on the tanks fenders...so it will nag also if choosing a tank with extra details on it.

Other than these little problems they work great,look great(better than they did in ArmaI) and add alot more variety to the armour section.They also have defensive systems so they can survive longer(well...alittle longer!)Enjoy

If anyone wants to try to fix these issues please give me a holler.Would be nice to have them perfected.

Thanks to ModEmMaik,Marijus, and Snoops for helping with this project...couldn't have done it without ya.

Edited by 343rdBadger

cool thanks ill check it out, just to let you know, your picture link is down.

Thanks for this! I've been waiting for realistic Russian tanks to be in ArmA2, not just the T90.

Back at it again I see, thanx for the addons B and here is looking for the final release :D

nice 1, thanx :icon14:

I do have one question, where do I copy the rvmats files, can't seem to finde the Data folder :confused:

thanx in advence

Could you give us more screens? I would like to see all tanks before downloading. :)

nice 1, thanx :icon14:

I do have one question, where do I copy the rvmats files, can't seem to finde the Data folder :confused:

thanx in advence

Its in the tracked.pbo,you have to un-pbo it and then repack it...its a big file so I didn't load it with the upload.I use pboView to pack/unpack...works good

As for screenshots.maybe the users of the tanks can post some???,I'd like to see some cool photos of them myself.

Could you give us more screens? I would like to see all tanks before downloading. :)

Thought I'd post one

T-80.jpg

I'm not sure how to de-pbo something, is it not possible to upload the already fixed thing?

I'm not sure how to de-pbo something, is it not possible to upload the already fixed thing?

Better to learn how to unpack pbo's inorder to get the full effect from version one,ie the specular material textures

edited...see first post.

Edited by 343rdBadger

Ah thanks dude, sorry to be a bother. I'll have a google and see if i can figure it out if it's recommended.

Thanks again :]

Better to learn how to unpack pbo's inorder to get the full effect from version one,ie the specular material textures

edited...see first post.

Doesn't work for some reason. Tried all different .pbo tools to unpack and pack. After reinstalling the edited tracked.pbo an error message appears after starting Arma2 saying that it cannot load ca\data\ico\bmp2_ca.paa or something like that. I'm gonna remove your addon again. Maybe I'm gonna find some time to try again and again for some hours. :( Never had such problems with editing .pbo files before.

Edited by DiFool

hmmm..thats weird...as I think "ico" is an icon file,which it doesn't use.:confused:Must be another weird arma thing.I did notice however that if i tried to binarize it,it kick up a fuss.So i left it unbinarized.Its possible that your repacking was doing this also.Binarizing it.

Edited by 343rdBadger

Got it working with the last version of the .pbo viewer!:bounce3: