Sign in to follow this  
El Mariachi

Error compiling pixel shader PSTreeAToC:0 (1.03 update)

The game loads to black screen and then crashes to desktop with the above error. This is after Steam updated arma to 1.03

I have an ATI card. Did my upgrade get hosed somehow?

Wow. Thank you. I'll give it a shot. Next time I'll denote the mods I have installed.

I get this problem too, but I dont have any No-Blur mods downloaded.

How can i fix this?

Just installed 1.03 patch :confused: :confused:

Try removing any mods you have (if you have any) otherwise try reinstalling the game and install only the 1.03 patch (not the 1.02)

Just confirming removing the noblur mod worked for me. I'll wait for a new version.

Cheers guys - did a search for "PSTreeAToC:0" here after my patched (non-Steam) version failed to start, and I can confirm that removing the noBlur mod from my startup switches worked for me too.

Cheers guys - did a search for "PSTreeAToC:0" here after my patched (non-Steam) version failed to start, and I can confirm that removing the noBlur mod from my startup switches worked for me too.

+1 here also, thanx. :yay:

also just so you guys know you can disable blur/bloom in the game options now by turning Post Processing to disabled.

also just so you guys know you can disable blur/bloom in the game options now by turning Post Processing to disabled.
Thanks for the tip - I hadn't looked at the graphics options menu since the patch.

I wonder if I'll be able to improve performance - the game seems to have got horribly stuttery and jerky since the 1.03 patch, with what seems to be almost continuous disk thrashing... this is a new one for me, before I was just plagued by SP campaign scripting horrors - now the game's performance has taken a dive too.

Thanks for the tip - I hadn't looked at the graphics options menu since the patch.

I wonder if I'll be able to improve performance - the game seems to have got horribly stuttery and jerky since the 1.03 patch, with what seems to be almost continuous disk thrashing... this is a new one for me, before I was just plagued by SP campaign scripting horrors - now the game's performance has taken a dive too.

try defragging your HDD (use something like Ultimate Defrag) and, at least for me, the stuttering is gone. Typically Arma patches frag the hell out of the files they replace and kill performance, so it's a good idea to defrag at least after every patch install

i have the same problem here but how can i remove the noblur mod ?

Well if you used a modfolder (which is always a good idea) then just delete the folder and remove the command switch (i.e. -mod=@noblur). If you just plunked it down in your addons folder, you'll probably have to reinstall since it replaces a core file.

try defragging your HDD (use something like Ultimate Defrag) and, at least for me, the stuttering is gone. Typically Arma patches frag the hell out of the files they replace and kill performance, so it's a good idea to defrag at least after every patch install
Thanks NUFAN - I'll give it a try. I have DiskKeeper installed and it runs all the time my Screen Saver is active, but it's not necessarily defragged my C: drive fully since the patch. I'll see how things are after I've done a specific defrag.

All I have is a postprocess effects option that's disabled in video options. I still have the ugly noblur/hdr stuff going on.

i have the same problem here but how can i remove the noblur mod ?

just go to the properties of the shortcut and remove "-noblurA" behind the arma2.exe

im getting this error too but i dont see any "-noblurA" behind the arma2.exe ... can anyone post a pic of this, how to remove.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

How to remove noblur mod ???

Edited by coder67

Try removing any mods you have (if you have any) otherwise try reinstalling the game and install only the 1.03 patch (not the 1.02)

I did not downloaded any mods.... i just installed arma2 and i got that problem...

where and how i can remove the noblur mod?