Sign in to follow this  
manzilla

[SP]They Came from Above

Another mission, this one shorter and less PCU intense.

above1.jpg

Here's the first beta:

They came from above

Version: Beta v1.5

The ChDkz have recently aquired some BM-21 Grads and have been raining down rockets on the local pro-Chernarus population in the north. Also there have been reports of civilians being taken in the night. We need your team to HALO jump into enemy territory assault the airbase, destroy the launchers and search for any info regarding weapons shipments received by the ChDkz. Also keep an eye out for civilian hostages. There have been reports some have been seen on the base recently.

Features:

Urban Patrol Script by Kronzky

SOM support options(Tactical Airstrike and Supply Drop)

First Aid Simulation

HALO

Credits:

Kronzky for his wicked UPS

Imutep for his badass missions.

Known Issues:

Not sure but there's gotta be a ton.

No picture for overview.

Need to add more to the Intro and Outro.(Currently just temporary sceens for effect.)

Mirrors:

ArmAholic.com

Enjoy! All feedback is welcome.

Edited by Manzilla

Cannot play this. It says that i'm missing some content.

Are there any addons needed?

Same here. Something about Can't play this beacuse of deleted Units "_Extra Units."

Same here. Something about Can't play this beacuse of deleted Units "_Extra Units."

Shit. It's not needed in the mission. I'll re upload it again. Sorry

EDIT:

New version 1.5b available in first post. Removed "Extra_Units" dependency, sorry about that.

Edited by Manzilla

Good mission.

To bad i wasn't able to finish the mission because the evidence was locatad in a building I destroyed.

I also didn't find the hostages, probally blow them up :p

The cas doesn't really seam to work that wel. I request it, it asks for a location. I click on the map but sometimes the marker ends up somewhere completly else. And does the laser designator work?

Good mission.

To bad i wasn't able to finish the mission because the evidence was locatad in a building I destroyed.

I also didn't find the hostages, probally blow them up :p

The cas doesn't really seam to work that wel. I request it, it asks for a location. I click on the map but sometimes the marker ends up somewhere completly else. And does the laser designator work?

Ah I never thought about that. Yes if you can't get to the evidence then you won't be able to find any civilians unless you get real, real lucky. And the mission wont end either. I'll have to learn more about Editing and figure something out. Not sure about the Airstrikes. It worked for me but i'll test it again. But what I do is when I call for support I'm asked to lase the target the LD, then I hold the lase on the target and ka-Boom! I'll check it again though to make sure I didn't screw it up somehow.

Like the old game developer's adage says: "If you build it, they will break it."

:D

I'll try to explain what happend when i requested air support.

The 'plane' ask fo coordinates and I mark my map. Sometimes this went wrong, the marker was placed somewhere else, not where I clicked the map.

After clicking the map the 'plane' says somethign about the laserdesignator, i take it out and try to mark my target.

A plane flys by but doesn't attack, it only fires at the second attack run.

This may because i called multiple planes in right after each other. At one moment i had 3 planes in the area.

Ah yes, I've had this occur before. As far as the marker, I've found that the marker doesn't always show up where I click but if I keep the target lased they usually come through. I've also had them not always hit the target one the first run too. Not sure if this has anything to do with my set up or if there's other factors at work here. I'll definitely look into it some more in the next few days.

I usually wait for a bit before calling in a new airstrike as well. Matter of fact, what I really wanted to do is have another airstrike become available automatically and not until the current airstrike is over. I'm not sure how this is done though. I just use the radio to add another available support.

Does anyone have any input? There's been a ton of DL's but few comments. There's gotta be some problems with the mission. Any suggestions/observations/bug reports is very much appreciated.

Good mission so far,but one question. How do you get the supply drop? I radio for it and it says its on its way, but nothing.

I havent managed to finish this one yet, but seems a good mission! As with the above post though, I found that if I used the airstrike I didnt have access to the supply drop, or vice versa, was that meant to happen? Atmosphere is good though & observing the enemy patrols on the airfield was fun, especially after calling an airstrike & watching them taking pot shots at the planes! One of the enemy patrols sneaked right round the back of us as we were firing on the airfield from the hill & caught me out, good tactic from the AI!

Good mission, I love calling in air strikes. The mission played out fine, except for the very end with the hostages. The 2 officers just stood there and didn't react to me at all. Maybe they didn't see or hear me, but I wasn't being particularly stealthy or quiet at the time. It could be a fluke, I haven't played through it again to see if the same thing happened though.