soul_assassin

ArmA2 Modding Toolbox for 3ds max V1.1

*** UPDATE v1.1 ***

NEW VERSION AVAILIABLE!

The links have been updated. The documentation also reflects changes in 1.1.

- Automatically set up your project folder structures

- Fast create blueprint cross

- Easy unit scale sync with O2 simply 1:1 import

- Fast and easy bake of Ambient Occlusion and diffuse colors

- A super fast an efficient way of generating named selections, storing lists of named selections for re-use or exchange, sequential naming etc.

- Create memory LODs straight in max and then easily assign mem points as rotation axis for objects to preview animations without ever exiting max.

- Export your memory LODs to O2 with proper names (redundant in 1.1)

- Link up you object and set up you bone structure

- Generate complex model.cfg files based on your model straight in max within minutes!

New in 1.1:

- Manage LODs

- Create materials (rvmats) and preview them in the viewport

- EXPORT TO p3D STRAIGHT AWAY !!!

- overhauled model.cfg generator.

screen.jpg

DOWNLOAD (1.1) : http://www.sparrowstudio.net/armavdv/toolbox/download/ArmA2ToolBox_1.1.rar

UPDATE: Patch 1 (for v 1.1) fixes some errors caused by trying to export improperly prepared modes to p3d. http://sparrowstudio.net/armavdv/toolbox/ArmAToolBox_1.1_patch1.rar

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS AND DOCUMENTATION WITH DEMOS: http://www.sparrowstudio.net/armavdv/toolbox/

SOME TUTORIAL VIDEOS CAN ALSO BE SEEN HERE: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78083

Mirrors 1.1:

Armaholic mirror patch 1 for 1.1 (requires 1.1 to be installed):

- Modding Toolbox for 3ds Max - Patch 1

Armaholic mirror v1.1:

- Modding Toolbox for 3ds Max v1.1

I strongly recommend to read through the documentation and watch the 60+ mins of demonstrations. Note: model.cfg video isn't uploaded yet.

testedc on 2010 64/32bit, 2009 32/64 bit but theoretically should work with ver 9. min. for sure with 2008.

FAQ

1. When I run the script I instantly get an error message about a button.

The toolbox only work with 3dsmax versions 9 or higher. No support for earlier versions. Do not ask if a downgraded version is being developed. It's not because of the sheer amount of stuff that would need to be taken out, it wouldn't be a toolbox anymore.

2. When I export to p3d the models in O2 are not the right size

Work in meters, with the right dimensions.

3. When I export to p3d I get an error: Mesh operation on a Non-mesh object: Blabla" (In v 1.1 with patch 1 you get a warning.)

Make sure that all geometry that you want to export in converted to Editable Poly. Also make sure that there is no non-geometry objects (cameras, lights etc.) in the LODs that you want to export.

Restart the toolbox after fixing. Next version will include a warning.

4. It exports fine but when I try to load it in O2 it says Unable to load file. (In v 1.1 with patch 1 you get a warning.)

Make sure that your geometry is consistent of only triangles and quads. N-sided polygons are not supported by O2. Check things like cylinder tops etc. Better warning will be built in in next version.

5. When I check off Save Materials or Save Texture and export I get an error in max and the export is aborted. (In v 1.1 with patch 1 this is fixed.)

When you use this option make sure that ALL geometry that you are trying to export has at least one of the shaders applied as stated in the video. Silly bug, will be fixed. Meanwhile if you need to export untextured stuff just dont check off the boxes.

LICENSE AGREEMENT

By using the software provided in this package you automatically agree to the following terms of use.

This software is provided as is with no USER WARRANTY.

THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM CAUSED BY THIS SOFTWARE, BE IT TO YOUR COMPUTER OR MODELING SKILLS.

The package is free of use for non-commercial projects and may be redistributed freely as long as the contents remain the same.

It is prohibited to modify the software in any way. For further questions please contact vorobiev.a.j[at]gmail[dot]com

I will grant commercial licenses for FREE but in return all I ask is that the user/organisation/group contact me at vorobiev.a.j[at]gmail[dot]com for it. Untill such a request is received the toolset is still under the non-commercial rule.

Special thanks to:

T_D

Rocket

USSRSniper

Enjoy and happy modding :)

MIRRORS (1.0 version):

865731.gif

Edited by Soul_Assassin

Ah yes that a big shame :( max 8 had no support for DotNet :( well let me think about it and maybe I can create a downgraded version (but unfortunately I use alot of dotNET :()

Great work! I'll see it tomorrow :) 3dsMax 10 (aka 2008) is supported, isn't it? I hope :)

Should but has not been tested. Test bases were 2010 and 2009 both 32 and 64 bit but theoretically from ver 9 should work.

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

865731.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=utilities&game=1&id=67][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/865731.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=67]DOWNLOAD - ArmA2 Modding Toolbox (for 3DS-Max) (v.1.0) - [43,6 KB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

Edited by Deadeye

Omg! It's Christmas! Testing now, came just at the right time! Many many thanks for this! Much appreciated.

There are unconfirmed reports of the blueprint tool not working sometimes, if thats the case for you then restarting the toolbox (by pressing the toolbar button) should fix it.

And i was sleeping --> shit happends

will try it asap

Great Job ! SA

Edited by MCPXXL

It is very hard to learn all features. I have no project which I'll can try :D

Many Thanks by it beautifull tool Alex !!!

Testing it !!!

PD: confirm the small bug wih blueprints, but easy to fix

It is very hard to learn all features. I have no project which I'll can try :D

The easiest way I guess is to watch the videos alongside a model of your own :)

The easiest way I guess is to watch the videos alongside a model of your own :)

It's not interesting export to arma that already have in.

Only making the new model :)

any chance or version ArmA2 Modding Toolbox for maya 2008 and ty

@mod0

if someone with good knowledge of mel script is willing to do it I will be happy to cooperate in a conversion for maya.

Great, thanks again SA,

havent had a chance to test this out yet but am looking forward to it :)

This might have already been asked but, have you considered setting up the .rvmat as a .max shader?, not as in it being viewable in the view port, i mean just the parameters be exportable for use in O2, would be just another thing to speed up the workflow.

Tha is the idea for the material editor that im thinking about. Not only that but I want to reconstruct bis shaders (all of them) into .x so that you can preview in viewport :) Its doable.

Thank you very much for this 3ds max plugin but I haven't succeed in reseting the unit to meters , it was already in meters but when I export the box whose size is 1 meter , it's actualy the length of 3 Ak 74 in Oxygen² ...

3 options:

1 - u didnt press the button :P

2 - ur box isnt 1m :P (make sure you make the box AFTER you reset the units)

3 - the AK-74 are wrong size :)

Either way Ive tested it countless times and it works :)

Tha is the idea for the material editor that im thinking about. Not only that but I want to reconstruct bis shaders (all of them) into .x so that you can preview in viewport :) Its doable.

that would be awesome, i was going to ask for something like that but thought i might be asking too much :), thanks for all the effort :)

3 options:

1 - u didnt press the button :P

2 - ur box isnt 1m :P (make sure you make the box AFTER you reset the units)

3 - the AK-74 are wrong size :)

Either way Ive tested it countless times and it works :)

And when i import in Oxygen² , the scale that i shall use is 1:1 right ?