Sign in to follow this  
shark-attack

co20 =RTY= Eve of destruction

halogpsg.jpg

Firstly many appologies to all who downloaded the first beta version of the mission ...

Had lots of bugs and errors ... far to many ... my appologies ...

i hope beta 1 hasnt detered you all

However thanks to the new =RTY= ARMA 2 dedicated server ive been able to spend the last couple of weeks conducting some beta testing of my own and with with the usual expert advice from the lads at OFPEC and my old mate from down under (ill chuck another prawn on the barbie in his honour), i have what i think is a much better version of the mission ...

(Special thanks to Tomcat from Reality friends for use of the server and the resulting countless hours of testing )

mission author

--------------

shark attack

mission type

--------------

CO-OP (teamwork - voice comms recomended)

max no of players 20

min recommended 4

mission requirements

---------------------

ArmA 2 v1.2

Description:

The purpose of today's mission is three fold.

To strike a major blow against the Soviets through the destruction of its ability to manufacture vital equipment and supplys

To cripple the Soviets ability to transport Equipment and supplys to the battlegrounds

And to strike fear into the Russian civilian population by bringing the violence of war to their home ground.

Installation:

Extract the pbo file to your ArmA2\MPMissions folder.

Change log:

v3.0 Beta

* Added Norrins revive (02j)

* Multiple respawn locations

* Chief medic can create mobile respawn point

* Fixed tasks after spawn

* added a few Random UPS patrols

* Reworked all non UPS enemy patrols (lowerd skill levels and reworked patrol routes)

* New player loadout

* Added limited weapons selection

* Enemy react to unsuppressed gunfire ( M9SD comes in usefull)

* Added High command to Officer in charge

* Added the triggers i had forgoton in first version

* reworked Halo insertion

* Added GPS to all player units

* reworked all scripts to SQF format

* Added midday options to mission start options (for those who dont like night time settings)

* Added lots of eye candy (working searchlights .. new enemy defences .. flares on detection ... etc)

changelog v4a

* Locked insertion aircraft

* Halo insertion available for the first 5 mins of mission only

allowing jips to select nearest spawn point to current objective ..

*added ammo caches to RV points

*re worked ai reinforcements

*fine tuned enemy ai unit placement

*hopefully fixed power cut for jips

*added revive v02o

*reworked revive options

no longer require med packs

all units can revive

2 x self heals after that medic/ mash tent required

*respawn with kit you died with

lots of other little bugs ironed out

*fixed bugs introduced by patch 1.03

*tweaked AI patrol routes

*tweaked vehicle behaviour with units in cargo

changelog v5

*updated revive to v_03b

*disabled 2 revives for jip setting

*added weapon / ammo box to mobile respawn ( thanks Norrin)

*tweaked available supplys at RV points ..

*several other little fixes

changlog v6

updated revive

reworked UPS

removed reinforcments option

added a few enemy armoured units

tweaked team set up

reworked briefing

download it from Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6359

as always any feedback or advice will be more than welcome

best wishes shark-attack

Edited by shark-attack

I'm enjoying this immensely, good work fella. Would it be possible to make the russian ammo crates "lootable" Also if I pilot the c130 and it gets shot down there's no further respawn available. Maybe add some more variation to the players loadout options? All in all very good work thankyou.

hi mate pleased your enjoying ... it never occured to me that anyone would pilot the plane .. thanks for the headsup ill be sure to lock it.. Also in v3_b thanks to norrins revive you should be given a choice of three (maybe four depending if the alpha medic is picked) respawn points ... also in v3_b there is a selection of weapons available from the gear menu ... check the ammo crates inside the soviet bunkers they contain some goodies ..

thanks again mate

best wishes shark-attack

it never occured to me that anyone would pilot the plane ..

Haha, always prepare for someone doing something like that.

Anyway, looking forward trying this out.

(Too much at work and no gaming)

BR

VanhA

i checked today .. Commandos can move to pilots seat from cargo of herc ...

it never entered my mind :o ive since locked it ... ]

I also noticed if you land on a slope at speed you cant escape your chute ... So please take care when selecting a landing zone . hopefully next patch will fix it ...

anyone else with any bug reports ?

best wishes all

Alpha medic cant sometimes create the spawn point. At first try i could. But then later with more players we couldnt. Revive was off from the lobby. Why everyone spawns with 3 satchels after they die and same weapons. No matter what slot you are using. Hmmm the pilot thing already noted. Ah and the cranes in the harbour. BIS-bug... you can't destroy them with satchels. But one granade is enough. Maybe put ammocrate to spawn points? When you die you get the menu where you can choose where to spawn. If you press esc you are stuck at middle of nowhere. 25km away no mans land. Spawning again doesnt help. Need to disconnect and choose another slot.

Other then that... good mission :)

hi mate

thanks a lot for the report ..

the cranes at the docks have there cabins weakend to damage .9 so that a grenade or automatic gunfire is enough to demolish them ill have a go see if i can weaken the legs so a charge can be set... i m sure norrin knows about problems with mash tents and is gonna fix and ill tell him about hitting escape rather than picking a spawn point sending you to no mans land ... also ill change it so you spawn with the kit you died with is a little too easy with an endless supply of ammo ..thanks for heads up !

have also fixed problems with reinforcements for smaller player groups and will post an update ... ill give it a few days see if the new patch is released before i do

many thanks mates and best wishes

shark attack

Edited by shark-attack

Hi Shark-Attack.

Yet another nice mission from you i see, we realy liked the ones you made fro armed assault, and it seems like you're still making awesome missions, thank you.

And now for the mission feedback \ bugs noted :

When jip, afther the powerstation is disabeled, the street lamps for the one jip'ing is stil lit.

I see you've allready fixed the "pilot bug" by locking it, and fixed the weaponds loadout on respawn, and thats good.

One other thing though,

on the docks in electro something... there are a few soldiers standing. Their placement might be tuned a bit better, or have them do somthing other than just stand there, that did look a bit stupid, especialy being that there had been some fighting in the northern parts of the town.

hi Noraf ...

thanks for headsup with powercut on jip ...ill fix it

as for the other ... id synched the wrong waypoint .. thanks mate well spotted

thanks for taking the time to post comments nice one mate

appreciate it

best wishes shark -attack

hi mate

i agree it is quite difficult ... however with two teams of 4 we managed to complete all objectives ... saying that it took us a some time and we suffered a lot of casualties, without norrins revive script we would of been buggered ... its built really with clan play in mind hopefully with 4 teams of 4 with one person in overall command ...

ive been unable to test it with a full house of 20 players but id imagine with tactics teamwork and comunication the mission should be easily achievable ...

ill take a look again at the enemy skill levels but they are currently pretty low, dont want them to be too soft ...

ill maybe re work a version for a smaller team ?

Edited by shark-attack

It might be just me ive only been playing for less than 2 weeks :S

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

5466645.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=multi&game=1&id=111][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/5466645.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=111]DOWNLOAD - =RTY= Eve of destruction (v.3.0 Beta) - [349 KB 7z] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

Shark-attack,

Great mission - very addicting teamplay.

I read Seitan's post about the medic not being able to create the mobile spawn point, but I think my situation is different, because we've had nothing but success with it, until attempting to stow it and relocate it to another location, it won't stow. I believe I deployed it five times and am wondering if you have a limit set on the number of deployments of the Mobile Field Hospital spawn point?

Thanks again.

I also highly indorse putting AMMO crates at the spawn and RV points.

Many thanks.

Sniper121

www.3rdinf-div.com

Shark Attack, huge Kudos for this mission mate, our clan has now done 3 games on it casually, had a ball! Basically its a Spec Ops trainer in so many ways, need navigation skills for the Halo, limited kits mean efficient work and comms, and depending on player numbers, you can choose to do own objective and extract, or multiple.

Highlights:

- Navigating your halo down to an Rv with GPS is cool, and a good wakeup!

- Using NV amongst the eastern docks with all the searchlights causing havoc the the NV: very intense

- took us a few satchels to work out that the cranes had to be blown from the control room, not the legs. Please don't change this: it makes it a good challenge to ensure the sapper is covered while they are exposed climbing up all the ladders to get to the control room

Issues

- I think maybe remove the pilot seat from the plane, so it keeps flying: one person can easily crash it, remove halo from JIP people

- Alpha med tent problematic: once deployed, it couldn't be restowed at all.

- One player jumped out of plane, clicked map and found his parachute deployed ad 9km....... :butbut:

- landing on slopes means you can't extract from parachute: temamate has to kill you then revive to fix, no fun if you are a long way from team

- Can the boat extraction point be a little closer? Those fishing boats take foreever!!!

Awesome stuff mate, look forward to your next patch and next mission!

Gnarls

@gnarly + sniper

hi lads... thanks for your thoughts and comments .. nice one

really pleased you are enjoying it ..

couple of tips

try using M203 or hand grenades on the cranes ... but have since fixed it .. there should be some russian patrol boats in the western docks , ill add a few to eastern docks .. a lot faster than a fishing boat

v3_c is finished and tested and as long as there a no real show stoppers ill try and hang on for new patch and hopefully a new revive version before releasing...

have adressed all the issues raised in previous posts and all seems fine ..

however im having problems with a work around for landing on slopes in chute hopefully the next patch will fix ...

and the stowing of mash tent is something im sure norrin is aware of and gonna fix ...

best wishes lads and thanks a million for taking the time to post your comments ... :)

Edited by shark-attack

Shark,

If someone has already reported my apoligize.

1. Gun_1 soldier at OP does not MoveinGunner because wrong gun defined.

2. I cleared OP and called ReInforcements but "Could Not Get There" until I said Disembark then they went 5000m west to shore. Wierd.

3. One of the Reinforcements got killed and did not respawn??? Was he suppose to?

Vengeance

Re spoiler, we did discover this using enemy AT: personally I think it should be removed, as makes it to easy...

hi vengeance1

had a few problems with the ai reinforcements ...the moveincargo command in their inits was a pain for jip or re-loaders ... have fixed it ... works a lot better in new version ... afraid there not units that can be revived or respawn ..

Thanks for the heads up with gunner in OP .. missed that one ..

gnarly ..

i agree it simplifys things a little and it does increase teamplay having to cover each other climbing the ladders .. just worried guys will get bored having to place charges at every objective .. ?

will post an updated version of mission once ive checked out the new patch ...

thanks a bunch guys for showing an interest in the mission ... really appreciate it ..

best wishes ... Shark

Edited by shark-attack

Another good mission Shark

Played it yesterday for the first time, Client and server 1.03

Mission refuse to load because there is bad link to statick object, open mission in editor and save. We did (or NoBrainer did) and the mission worket.

When we was done with port or the cranes on the port, we headed toward the observation point. When we engaged enemy at the obervation point, we recived message about that we where spottet, and enemy reinforcment would arrive at the port. It did not scare the hell out of us, since we was done there. Don't know if this was the right sequence with wrong text?

One more thing, and this is not 100% verified. I belive I opted for normal play = 10 lives. One of the member of the team do think he was out of the game after 5 deaths. And he spectated in the spectate camera script to enemy AI.

Hands up - keep working - this seems to be a very good coop mission.

hi batstat

the bad link to statick object ... ive never come across that ...might be related to 103 ? ill be sure to check it out ..

had a few issues with AI reinforcement s ... have it sorted ...

gonna spend tonight testing and will hopefully have a new version for tommorow ...

i had the revive set up so that medipacks were required each unit had 3 and the medic carried 10 ... have changed this set up so all units can revive

thanks for headsup mate ...

the bad link to statick object ... ive never come across that ...might be related to 103 ? ill be sure to check it out ..

Check mission.sqm file with a text editor.

Search for static in waypoints (remove the two lines or replace the ID with the correct one).

Object IDs on Chernarus have changed again with 1.03

Xeno

thanks mate ... just discovered the id change .. wondered what was going on

ill get it fixed .. :mad: